Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1746303 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#641488 May 14, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
btw, I left around 1; who was on here from then until the wee hours?
Carol, so stfu moran
Damn, lily. You were sht faced. You were posting past 11:00 oclock my time (california)
still the same

New York, NY

#641489 May 14, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>obama is gay for pay...
-
It's the culture...
He is gay period for free or for pay, no hate just like the truth
1 post removed
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641491 May 14, 2012
DBbirther wrote:
<quoted text>
I might remind you that ethanol was a Bush priority and Republicans passed the tax incentives that rewarded their rich friends.
American needs renewables. the rest of the world is working on them, esp. China and Germany. But stay ignorant, it suits you well.
Amtrak is a good investment to keep cars off the roads, saving Billions in imported oil. You're too small minded to see the coorelation.
"The Solyndra scandal has ignited fury among congressional leaders who are chastising the commander-in-chief for responding to an economic recession with a failed “green energy subsidy experiment.”

In fact, this week a House committee released a special report blasting the president for wasting nearly $100 billion to create “green jobs.” Undue political influence has determined how much of the money has been disbursed, investigators found.

As President Barack Obama’s disastrous and costly green energy agenda becomes the focus of a congressional investigation, the administration celebrates the multimillion-dollar “green makeover” of a public housing facility in Washington State."

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/N...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641492 May 14, 2012
DBbirther wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans have conducted a 'war on gays' for decades. The chickens have come home to roost, and they're going to shit all over the heads of the Republican Party, home of the bigots and racists.
Romney bullied and humiliated a gay teen. This man is a scumbag. Period. He's going down.
Left Fairy Tales as the ball is rolling the other direction.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#641493 May 14, 2012
Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool
Believe it or not, the unflappable Romney was once arrested for disorderly conduct. And that wasn't his only "Mitt-frontation"
1. In 1981, Romney was putting the family boat into Lake Cochituate, an hour outside of Boston, when a park officer told him he couldn't because the license looked painted over. If he launched, he'd face a $50 fine. "I was willing to pay the fine," Romney told The Boston Globe. But the officer returned as Romney put the boat in and, visibly angry at being ignored, handcuffed Mitt, who was "dripping wet in a bathing suit," and booked him for disorderly conduct. Romney contested the arrest in court, threatened to sue, and got the arrest dismissed and sealed. "He did not have the right to arrest me because I was not a disorderly person"
2. Tangling with a traffic cop at the Olympics
During the 2002 Winter Olympics, says Alec MacGillis at The New Republic, Romney, who was the Games' chief organizer, pushed local sheriff's deputies out of the way to personally manage a traffic snarl outside the downhill ski area. He also lit into an 18-year-old security volunteer, Shaun Knopp, who told reporters that Romney rudely asked "who the fuck" he was and "what the fuck" an amateur like him was doing at the Olympics
http://theweek.com/article/index/227698/mitt-...
Good, we need a guy with some chutzpah.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641494 May 14, 2012
<quoted text>
I know, he barely seems human
lily you are such a little piss ant with your stupid "shock" posts. Ridiculous
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641495 May 14, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You changed my post__not nice of you to do at least according to your host Chris Tolle.
So adios mamacita.
I clearly stated in mine 2000 to 2001. It was you who did the bate and switch. So switch back
Realtime

Orlando, FL

#641496 May 14, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You changed my post__not nice of you to do at least according to your host Chris Tolle.
So adios mamacita.
Upon further review I misread your post which was apparently in response to someone else re: Bain Capital's failed steel mill. So I was wrong and will leave it at that.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641497 May 14, 2012
DBbirther wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney, and all Mormons, wear 'magic underwear'!!
The economy is hideous, millions unemployed, in debt for trillions and yet the Dems think that you should vote for the looser who gave us this -Obama due to magic underwear.

The Dems could not be more irrelevant.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#641498 May 14, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Upon further review I misread your post which was apparently in response to someone else re: Bain Capital's failed steel mill. So I was wrong and will leave it at that.
Okay
John Galt

Spring, TX

#641499 May 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
While our government is calling for heads to roll at J.P. Morgan...
"How about regulating the $1.5 billion thrown down the rat hole of ethanol subsidies?
How about the $15 billion that disappeared subsidizing all "renewable" energy sources last year?
How about terminating AMTRAK now that it has been subsidized to the tune of $40 billion?
How about regulating any of the government boondoggles that have cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars?
How about regulating any of the over 2000 different federal subsidies that are vaporizing taxpayer dollars?"
Including the granddaddy of all, the Postal Service, a giant sinkhole for cash, outmoded by technology.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#641500 May 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bush didn't spend money like it was going out of style.
And let's not not even talk about Reagan.
"sonic"
The spending of the nobama administration makes Bush and Reagan look like cheapskates. Why no comments on the monies president nobama pisses away?
Peace

unauthorized_use r

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#641501 May 14, 2012
Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool
Believe it or not, the unflappable Romney was once arrested for disorderly conduct. And that wasn't his only "Mitt-frontation"
1. In 1981, Romney was putting the family boat into Lake Cochituate, an hour outside of Boston, when a park officer told him he couldn't because the license looked painted over. If he launched, he'd face a $50 fine. "I was willing to pay the fine," Romney told The Boston Globe. But the officer returned as Romney put the boat in and, visibly angry at being ignored, handcuffed Mitt, who was "dripping wet in a bathing suit," and booked him for disorderly conduct. Romney contested the arrest in court, threatened to sue, and got the arrest dismissed and sealed. "He did not have the right to arrest me because I was not a disorderly person"
2. Tangling with a traffic cop at the Olympics
During the 2002 Winter Olympics, says Alec MacGillis at The New Republic, Romney, who was the Games' chief organizer, pushed local sheriff's deputies out of the way to personally manage a traffic snarl outside the downhill ski area. He also lit into an 18-year-old security volunteer, Shaun Knopp, who told reporters that Romney rudely asked "who the fuck" he was and "what the fuck" an amateur like him was doing at the Olympics
http://theweek.com/article/index/227698/mitt-...
I'd rather have a guy in there that will stand up for himself against the face of Authority then some one like Obama that will just lick it's bag sack and say yes sir, no sir. I'm not a Romney fan but at least he has some integrity where Obama has obviously failed in every occation.
independent

United States

#641502 May 14, 2012
YEP wrote:
Democrats = More taxes from the working mans pockets into the pockets of those that do nothing.
Most are too young to remember the Jimmy "peanut head" Carter days. 18% mortgage rates, double digit inflation, high unemployment, and every military event a disasterous debacle.3
I see the status quo for the TAX-O-CRATS contining under this new administration. The Change MORE TAXES on the working family.
Also amazing that Virginian's intentionally voted for a Senator, who as Governor raised taxes highest on Virginian's than any Republican Governor ever.
As my dad always told me - The Stupid shall be punished.
Where is Harry Truman when you need him?
Democrats = More taxes from the working mans pockets into the pockets of those that do nothing= Republicans.
They both are the same.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#641503 May 14, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
But if he wasn't cool to begin with, which was the initial claim, how could he lose his cool? Peppy confused by all this obfuscation. Somebody pass me a Dr. Pepper.
yawn...delete...yawn...
John Galt

Spring, TX

#641504 May 14, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Walker set to crush teacher union coup in WI. Doofus Debbie W-S gets the blame.
Where is Debbie? Has the lizard bribed her to disappear?
Poll puts Walker up nine in recall fight; Update: WI Dems “furious” with DNC over lack of support
Monday, May 14, 2012
Hot Air ^| 12:01 pm on May 14, 2012 | Ed Morrissey
Now that Democrats have ended their divisive recall primary in Wisconsin, one would expect the polling to show their nominee to be gaining some traction against sitting Governor Scott Walker. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett was considered the stronger of the Democrats challenging Walker in the unusual recall election, and polls just after the recall showed him nearly within the margin of error of the incumbent. This week, however, a new poll from We Ask America of over 1200 likely voters puts Walker on top by nine, 52/43
Debbie doesn't poll well. It's that NYC nagging, lisping yenta thing doesn't turn people on.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#641505 May 14, 2012
DBbirther wrote:
<quoted text>
You can spend your life googling to defend Romney, but the record is clear. He cost thousands of Americans their jobs, and many communities their leading taxpayer. He's going to lose, big time. You already have.
As a group, your demographics, "idiots on the internet" do not have a great deal of clout on the outcome of a presidential election.
John Galt

Spring, TX

#641506 May 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok, time to put your Queen Latifah outfit on
Go swallow some more black sausage.
TSM

United States

#641507 May 14, 2012
I wonder how many Liberals/Democrats supporters knew in 2008 Obama campaign had offered a ‘bribe’ to silence Rev, Wright!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#641508 May 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>yawn...delete...yawn.. .
I knew I should have trademarked that phrase.....man, first the "hope and change" and now this....my slogans always get stolen by liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM Tr... 72,371
News First protected DREAMer is deported under Trump 16 min Quirky 36
News How Sean Hannity's Relationship With Michael Co... 19 min Retribution 40
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 26 min Annie Oakly 11
News Will Trump Fire Rosenstein? It May Not Matter. 36 min Lawrence Wolf 53
News Democrat Manchin says will back Pompeo to be U.... 48 min Annie Oakly 4
News Go home: No More DACA deal for Undocumented Imm... 53 min spytheweb 27
News Comey speculates Russians may have damaging inf... 1 hr Drumpf Disaster 591
News Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russi... 1 hr DR X 82
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 1 hr Mule 1,521
News Police shootings of unarmed black people have n... 2 hr RiccardoFire 127