Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12158 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

Yep2

Roy, WA

#11955 Jul 24, 2014
Stephen King writes sick schlock for the easily amused.

Other than that he's a total weenie.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#11956 Jul 24, 2014
Kentucky-Mitch wrote:
“Semi-automatics have only two purposes. One is so owners can take them to the shooting range once in awhile, yell yeehaw, and get all horny at the rapid fire and the burning vapor spurting from the end of the barrel. Their other use – their only other use – is to kill people.”
- Stephen King
proof that stephen king is an idiot who knows nothing about guns/gun owners. i grew up hunting with semi automatics.

psssst.....why do you post several quotes from a writer who made his living based on fantasy and science fiction? do you think he has any grasp on facts and reality? come to think of it.....you don't seem concerned about those, so why should i ask.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#11957 Jul 24, 2014
stephen king???

seriously??

why would anyone be interested in what that leftist asshat has to say.

i read where he got 'owned' again by spouting off about the kids at the border.

some people enjoy looking like morons......just read the gun grabber posts on this forum!

peace!
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11958 Jul 24, 2014
He was just laying down smoke so his spiritual master Flatus could escape another punking.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11960 Jul 24, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
US v Heller arose out of US v Miller.
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
This Century
Heller Decision
from the Supreme Court of the United States

Not understand the Heller decisions means you don't understand the Miller decision which means you don't come close to understand the two dozen words or so of the 2nd.

Location hidden

#11961 Jul 24, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
"The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive."
-Private Joker on the movie "Full Metal Jacket"
As close as you came to serving, Gums, was going to the movies and watching it on the screen.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11962 Jul 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As close as you came to serving, Gums, was going to the movies and watching it on the screen.
You served in the U.S. military? And yet you want to deny Americans the same rights you fought for to protect? You must have got into some agent orange.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#11963 Jul 24, 2014
KEEP & BEAR still means own and carry, hello? Obamanites and BATF thugs will soon be coming for our firearms. be prepared to use them!
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11964 Jul 24, 2014
Hey Flatus Brain-Trust

What is the difference between;

>dangerous and unusual weapons

and

>dangerous and common weapons?

I understand you're too stupid to understand Miller or Heller, so if you don't like the LAW OF THE LAND you can move to a place with stricter gun laws.

Try Honduras
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11965 Jul 24, 2014
Flatus deserted from the Russian army.

Poser

Location hidden

#11966 Jul 24, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
KEEP & BEAR still means own and carry, hello?
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
This Century
Heller Decision
from the Supreme Court of the United States

Location hidden

#11967 Jul 24, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
And yet you want to deny Americans the same rights you fought for
I fought for the US Constitution, GumsShow.

Not the constitution you carry around in your drug-abused head.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11968 Jul 24, 2014
Hey Flatus Brain-Rot

What is the difference between;

>dangerous and unusual weapons

and

>dangerous and common weapons?
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11969 Jul 24, 2014
Members of the US military swear oaths to support and defend the US Constitution.

Posers don't.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11970 Jul 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fought for the US Constitution, GumsShow.
Not the constitution you carry around in your drug-abused head.
You fought for the constitution? Well I can't tell. It seems to me you are against the second amendment. If you are going to support the US constitution maybe you should start acting like it. You can't pick and choose or make crap up. There you go again- you're lying about me again. I have never used drugs, don't smoke, don't drink. Lying Flatus.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11971 Jul 24, 2014
The more they talk the less they did.

Ira Hayes was embarrassed when they made a big deal about him helping to raise the flag on Mt. Suribachi.

Location hidden

#11972 Jul 24, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>You fought for the constitution? Well I can't tell..
It is almost as though you think someone cares whatever it is you post under this alias, shug.

Location hidden

#11973 Jul 24, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
I have never used drugs,
We'll add this to the list, Vance.

Do you want to tell us now you have only used this alias, honest Injun?

Location hidden

#11974 Jul 24, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
Members of the US military swear oaths to support and defend the US Constitution.
Posers don't know what it really means, Poser.

Wipe your chin...
Yep2

Roy, WA

#11975 Jul 24, 2014
Hey Flatus

How many "IP addresses" do you have?

You said you have "IP addresses".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,375,058
News Malia and Sasha Obama 2 min Three Days 7
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 3 min An NFL Fan 2,542
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Cornelius Scudmister 222,947
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 4 min barefoot2626 466
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 6 min George 23
News Trump too divisive, lacks prez temperament: Hil... 6 min Vote For Trump 7
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min positronium 381,607
More from around the web