Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12127 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#11009 Jun 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
"The objective, scientific evidence clearly shows that more guns = more suicide. From that verifiable, scientific FACT, "
----------
Where do you get this slop Dan?
If more guns = more suicide then the US suicide rate should dwarf the rate in Japan.
scientific evidence:
>Japan has a higher rate
>Japan has far fewer guns
>US has a lower rate
>US has far more guns
conclusion; more guns = lower suicide rate
Where did you learn your scientific technique - Psychic Friends Network?
*rolls eyes*

Does it hurt to be this stupid? It should.
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 11

Grants Pass, OR

#11012 Jun 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
>Japan has a higher rate
>Japan has far fewer guns
>US has a lower rate
>US has far more guns
conclusion; more guns = lower suicide rate
conclusion: specious.
3 posts removed

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#11016 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Even a moderately stupid person like Dan .
you actually posted something relatively true and rational.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#11017 Jun 26, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Honest to God - they need to start teaching logic as a high school class.

The objective, scientific evidence clearly shows that more guns = more suicide.
your argument isn't based on logic, danny. how is the means somehow the cause, son?
2 posts removed

Grants Pass, OR

#11020 Jun 26, 2014
zipperface2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
a walking buttermilk and lima bean fart
MOMMY! Barefoot2626 keeps smacking the sh!t out of me!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It ain't the way I wanted it!
I can handle things!
I'm smart!
Not like everybody says... like dumb...

I'm smart and I want respect!
2 posts removed

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#11023 Jun 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
means? cause?
Hey anything is possible when you have junk science being pumped out by doctors using epidemiology to study gun violence.
You should see some of the flim-flam they get funding for;
Study of planting foliage in vacant lots to reduce violence.
Provide the funding and there are lots of hacks who will give you the results you want.
LOL

You got that right. There's a climate alarmist nitwit on another thread claiming ocean wind turbines will weaken hurricane wind speeds...... based on tax funded studies.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#11024 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want to waste my time....
because 95,833 examples suggest you enjoy it?
1 post removed

Grants Pass, OR

#11026 Jun 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
means? cause?
Hey anything is possible when you have junk science being pumped out by doctors.
Yet you insist you comparing suicides in Japan to suicides in the USA is better than comparing suicides in the USA to other suicides in the USA...

HAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

gun gnutter troll...

Grants Pass, OR

#11027 Jun 26, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>*** AND YOU'RE JUST "TO" SMART TO DEAL WITH IT***
just smarter than you, dear.

Granted: that isn't much.

Now sweetie: how hard is it for you to take you gun down to the gun shop and have the gun shop owner run a background check for you?
aggressive bone chewing

Moorpark, CA

#11028 Jun 26, 2014
Study:

West Antarctic Glacier Melt Due To Volcanoes, Not Global Warming

Scientists and environmentalists have been pointing to Antarctica’s collapsing western ice sheet as further evidence the planet is warming.

NASA glaciologist Eric Rignot recently found that the western ice sheet collapse is “unstoppable” and could dramatically raise sea levels.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/11/study-west-...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#11029 Jun 26, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>What normal sane people are saying is that before guns people used something else to kill people and after guns people will use something else to kill people. DUH! The problem isn't what people use to kill people, the problem is people who kill people. Plain and simple. Be sure to let us know when reality finally dawns on you.
do you actually try to sound as f-ing stupid as possible or does it come naturally? No one gives a flying fuck what people used before or after guns -- we are here now and we want to prevent 30,000 people from being needlessly shot year after year after year ...
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11030 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you insist you comparing suicides in Japan to suicides in the USA is better than comparing suicides in the USA to other suicides in the USA...
HAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
gun gnutter troll...
So you would agree that we should have knife control? Tall building control? Sleeping pill control? Are people more dead when they use a gun? Your argument is LAME!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#11031 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
just smarter than you, dear.
Granted: that isn't much.
Now sweetie: how hard is it for you to take you gun down to the gun shop and have the gun shop owner run a background check for you?
why do you insist on always making claims you can't back up?

psssst....i have background checks when i go buy a firearm, that's the way it works. you get confused rather easily. is it the meth?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#11032 Jun 26, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
do you actually try to sound as f-ing stupid as possible or does it come naturally? No one gives a flying fuck what people used before or after guns -- we are here now and we want to prevent 30,000 people from being needlessly shot year after year after year ...
advocate for better mental health.

go after the gang bangers.

leave the 2nd alone.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11033 Jun 26, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Here comes the skewed 30,000 number again. Suicides account for 60% of the gun deaths in america(18,000), and 80% of the remaining 12,000 deaths are GANG related(9600), leaving about 2400 non gang related murders, out of a population of 315,000,000. Law abiding citizens have next to nothing to do with suicides and gangs, yet all gun control is aimed at them. Why should we be punished for suicides and gangs??
1 post removed

Grants Pass, OR

#11035 Jun 26, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>So you would agree that we should have knife control?
You have never had to clean up after a suicide, have you, shug?
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11036 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never had to clean up after a suicide, have you, shug?
Nope, but I've seen plenty of dead people. The main person to blame for suicides is whom?

Grants Pass, OR

#11037 Jun 26, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<Are people more dead when they use a gun?
2 persons who try to commit suicide out of one hundred die.
85 people out of one hundred die.

A person who has a gun in the house is more likely to kill himself than one who doesn't.

Particularly when there are teenagers in the house.

These are facts.

PS: the purpose of background checks isn't to prevent suicide. It's to keep people like you who we agree lack morals from selling guns to complete strangers.
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#11038 Jun 26, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 persons who try to commit suicide out of one hundred die.
85 people out of one hundred die.
A person who has a gun in the house is more likely to kill himself than one who doesn't.
Particularly when there are teenagers in the house.
These are facts.
PS: the purpose of background checks isn't to prevent suicide. It's to keep people like you who we agree lack morals from selling guns to complete strangers.
Do you have a gun in your house? You better get rid of it, it might attack someone. I actually had someone come in my gunshop that wanted to kill himself. I REFUSED to sell him a gun. And for every gun I sell in my store, I run a background check on the buyer. If I'm not comfortable selling someone a gun, they don't get one. I run a criminal check on sellers too. Maybe you should take back that last sentence of your post?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#11039 Jun 26, 2014
Sheriff Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a gun in your house? You better get rid of it, it might attack someone. I actually had someone come in my gunshop that wanted to kill himself. I REFUSED to sell him a gun. And for every gun I sell in my store, I run a background check on the buyer. If I'm not comfortable selling someone a gun, they don't get one. I run a criminal check on sellers too. Maybe you should take back that last sentence of your post?
The barefoot buffoon is fond of telling others what they believe and what they support regardless of what that person really thinks or says. I've never sold a gun in my life, my collection only grows. No shrinking allowed. I have gifted a few, two to my father which came back to me when he passed away and two to my sons. According to the barefoot booby I sell guns to criminals. Go figure.....

BTW Maricopa County is quite familiar to me, I like your screen name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min An NFL Fan 1,405,838
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 2 min Michel Montvert 261
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min defintion for idiots 14,997
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 5 min southern at heart 1,142
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 391,581
News Initial Brexit shock is hurting UK _ but sparin... 7 min BHM5267 17
News Trump bounces into the lead 9 min Trumping On 294
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 24 min Responsibility 5,713
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Chicagoan by Birth 233,553
More from around the web