Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12127 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#6906 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And ^THAT is your favorite post when you have been proven to be FULL OF SHIT, Dannyboy.
Yet you called me a hypocrite for wanting to keep firearms out the hands of people who have already been proven to be a danger to themselves and others.
Oh my God - you are positively delusional.

LMAO! You have not only never proven I'm full of shit - you've never shown a single post where I did anything you've accused me of.

And I called you a hypocrite for wanting to take ALL rights away from the mentally ill instead of simply restricting their access to deadly weapons.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And we will continue to have one as long as there are evil souls walking this planet who wish to do harm to others. Find a way to get firearms out of there hands, and remove any ability for them to make more, then I will consider any gun control item you wish to push. Until then......GFY.
Another strawman. ESAD.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you call me a hypocrite for saying THE SAME THING. Common sense, Dannyboy. And running around screaming "there's no proof it will work" isn't proof to the contrary either.
*sigh*

No - I called you a hypocrite for wanting to take ALL rights away from the mentally ill instead of simply restricting their access to deadly weapons.

Chambersburg, PA

#6907 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
pot......meet kettle
So you don't deny it.

Good for you.

Chambersburg, PA

#6908 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. I forgot which thread this was. It is in the "Firearms rally..." thread. Same place I found the others.
Right.

I have never made any sort of argument against silencers.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6909 Mar 14, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, don't be so obtuse. With over 20,000 gun laws across the nation
Made up numbers mean nothing.

Location hidden

#6910 Mar 14, 2014
Independent wrote:
~ President Ronald Reagan ~
Father of the modern gun control laws.

Reagan didn't like blacks getting their hands on guns.

Chambersburg, PA

#6911 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
How????(this oughta be good)
Here are some actions I have supported:
- Limiting magazine size.
- Universal background checks - mental and criminal - for all gun sales.
- Restricting the dangerously mentally ill from having firearms.
- Waiting periods for firearm purchases.
- Increased spending for treatment for the mentally ill.
- Trained armed guards in schools.
- Gun safety education and skills testing before anyone owns a gun.
- Legal and civil liability for anyone whose gun was used in a crime.

I support these measures because they would work to reduce gun violence.

And none of these measures would prevent you from owning firearms or protecting yourself (assuming you're not mentally ill, which is becoming more questionable by the day. LOL!).

Location hidden

#6912 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And how are you going to stop the 60+% of that number
How are you going to stop people from selling guns to felons, DongLiqueer?

Wait: you don't even want to bother... you insist you should have that right.

Location hidden

#6913 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
I would be willing to bet that the majority of those people really wanted to off themselves because a gun is efficient for such a task.
You have already proved you don't pay off on your bets.

So you aren't going to find any takers.

Most suicides are spontaneous. The difference between a suicide by firearm and one by pills is there is a better than 85 percent chance the suicide attempt using a firearm will be successful.

Hence: the firearm bought for "family protection" is far more likely to end up taking the life of someone in the house it was going to protect.

Location hidden

#6914 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
where you support magazine capacity limits (which do NOTHING when a mag can be changed in less than one second).
No, not typically, it can't.

And typically in the several seconds it takes to reload, the gun man can be stopped.

As has been proved in many shootings.

There is no need for our society to have to tolerate the mentality of people who say they need large capacity magazines.

They certainly are not hunters.

Location hidden

#6915 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to restrict access to firearms to the dangerous mentall ill.......put their ass in a padded cell
If you want to restrict access to firearms to the dangerous mentally ill, start with making people who sell firearms find out who they are selling to, require background check.

Since you are more likely to be selling to a felon anyway.

Why require doing any background checks at all?

Location hidden

#6916 Mar 14, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually less than that. Considering many victims were killed by one individual.
33,000 firearm fatalities.

Location hidden

#6917 Mar 14, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
How many were victims of gang violence?
about 15 percent.

Lucky they can go to gun shows and buy the weapons from people like you who are happy to sell to strangers without background checks

Location hidden

#6918 Mar 14, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
You deal with each individuals actions individually.
Those of us who are not the contributing factors of the issues should not be punished for those who are.
You sell them the firearms.

I am more than happy to pass laws that make your responsible for those sales.

I say: sell a gun to a felon- or someone not allow to buy a weapon- make it a felony.

As a prosecutor, I'd deputize illegal buyers and send them to the gun shows by the busload.

Sound fair?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6919 Mar 14, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No - I called you a hypocrite for wanting to take ALL rights away from the mentally ill instead of simply restricting their access to deadly weapons.
Due process, Dannyboy. If they are a danger to themselves or especially OTHERS, they need not walk among us. And I never said take ALL their rights away, did I. Even felons in prison retain some rights while they are their.

That is YOUR strawman.

Southeast Virginia

#6920 Mar 14, 2014
they are there

Southeast Virginia

#6921 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
So you don't deny it.
Good for you.
Commonsense proves you wrong, hypocrite.

Location hidden

#6922 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Due process, Dannyboy..
You mean like the due process you were crying about- that those darn California cops were not giving your felon friends when they asked them to turn in the weapons they were not allow to own?

Location hidden

#6923 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
Even felons in prison retain some rights while they are their.
But not the right to own firearms and most people understand why people should be required to check the person they are selling a gun to to see if he is a felon- since at least one out of ten people are felons, and of course felons are more inclined to want guns then the general population.

And people like you hold the doors open for them when they are going to gun shows.

Location hidden

#6924 Mar 14, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Commonsense proves you wrong, hypocrite.
Your common sense insists people should be able to sell guns to complete strangers without background checks.

So your kind of common sense isn't something the rest of us should have to put up with.

Southeast Virginia

#6925 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Here are some actions I have supported:
- Limiting magazine size.
- Universal background checks - mental and criminal - for all gun sales.
- Restricting the dangerously mentally ill from having firearms.
- Waiting periods for firearm purchases.
- Increased spending for treatment for the mentally ill.
- Trained armed guards in schools.
- Gun safety education and skills testing before anyone owns a gun.
- Legal and civil liability for anyone whose gun was used in a crime.
I support these measures because they would work to reduce gun violence.
And none of these measures would prevent you from owning firearms or protecting yourself (assuming you're not mentally ill, which is becoming more questionable by the day. LOL!).
-Magazine size limits have NEVER proven to reduce gun violence.[strike one]
-Neither have universal background checks.[strike two]
-How would you restrict the dangerously mentally ill from getting firearms WITHOUT making sure they were someplace where the couldn't. You have NEVER specified anything to back this up.[strike three]
-Waiting periods have NEVER shown that they reduce gun violence. If anything, they have cost people their lives for not being able to arm themselves when their life was in danger.(happened to a girl here in VA a few years back who tried to buy a gun to protecct herself from an estranged husband and was KILLED by him while on the phone with a 9-1-1 dispatcher while she was in her waiting period. She also had one of those magical pieces of paper called a RESTRAINING ORDER.) By the way.....VA no longer has a waiting period.[strike four]
-More armed guards at schools.....I'll go along with. How about this......do away with gun-free zones all together. If Columbine, Aurora, the Amish school, Sandy Hook, VT et al have taught us anything, it is that gun-free zones just up the dead body count.)
-Why don't we go back to literacy tests for voting, too? How about a poll tax, or proving that you are a land owner before you can vote? How about a literacy test in order to speak in public? How about requiring a fee in order to address your state representative or Congressman. What other rights can we infringe upon when the USC specifically says that the govt CANNOT infringe on these rights? Here's an idea......let's make firearm safety training MANDATORY in all elementary and junior high schools. Then we won't have to worry about it later.
-How about leaving the civil and legal liabilities for those who actually commit the crimes. If someone steals your car, gets into a high speed chase with the cops and kills a family of four when he wrecks, should YOU be held liable for an act YOU had no control over???? Of course not.[strike five]

And you said that you don't support gun control.........ROFLMAO!!!!!!! !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 1 min old_moose 143
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Joy 1,603,422
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 2 min See The Light 479
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 4 min Sheriff Joe 529 100
News The news media love America. The government, no... 5 min FormerParatrooper 65
News Politics Roundup: Trump's Call To Fire NFL Play... 7 min Retribution 40
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min RW Coruption 31,494
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min old_moose 10,264
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Limbertwig 289,312
More from around the web