Debt ceiling: Welcome to Fight Club

Debt ceiling: Welcome to Fight Club

There are 11 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Jan 4, 2013, titled Debt ceiling: Welcome to Fight Club. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

Right after the House passed the fiscal cliff compromise, President Obama said, "I will not have another debate with this Congress over whether or not they should pay the bills that they've already racked up through the laws that they passed." But Republicans continue to insist that any increase in the debt ceiling must be exceeded by spending cuts ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Yes, they should pay the bills that have already racked up.

But BORROWING MORE MONEY will only INCREASE the bill we will have to pay on the INTEREST on that borrowed money.

A really smart and brave President would be able to get the bills paid WITHOUT borrowing more money.

Borrowing money just kicks the can down the road.

Does our President and Congress have the cahoonies to make the tough decisions that would allow the government to PAY THE BILLS without borrowing money?
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
A really smart and brave President would be able to get the bills paid WITHOUT borrowing more money.
Yes, but we don't have a smart or brave Presisent.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#3 Jan 4, 2013
OR ... like any other entity that doesn't have enough money to pay their bills, they should RENEGOTIATE what they owe.

Often, vendors will accept a LOWER PAYMENT, rather than not being paid at all.

Obama needs to wise up and DEVELOP CREATIVE solutions to the government's financial problems.
equote

Menard, TX

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
But BORROWING MORE MONEY will only INCREASE the bill we will have to pay on the INTEREST on that borrowed money.
Does our President and Congress have the cahoonies to make the tough decisions that would allow the government to PAY THE BILLS without borrowing money?
The power to tax and appropriate money for spending is a power of Congress not the President. Spending is mandated law. Are you proposing to allow the President to levy taxes and spend instead of Congress? Would a smart and brave President overthrow Congress?

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#5 Jan 4, 2013
More like ‘the republicans get beat down by Obama’-Club…
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Jan 4, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
do U like uncle Benz face! the end of Robot notea cuts..........
www.more.com/obamagazine
;-00000000
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
More like ‘the republicans get beat down by Obama’-Club…
so how repoo pay for Obama KKKlub?!!;)
Drink the hive

New York, NY

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Up With Hope And Change BS!...

http://v018o.popscreen.com/NDE4ODEzLnN3ZjY1_o...
trans mike pooosy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#9 Jan 4, 2013
Drink the hive wrote:
Up With Hope And Change BS!...
http://v018o.popscreen.com/NDE4ODEzLnN3ZjY1_o...
What do U think the job of the president is? just liked the Queen..it's just stop people tears when they crying for help!!! thx for yo pic but move on it's how the Politix vs Politics

do U see Topic Robot did learn and U not...look at he banner!!!

;-00000h, enjoy the NFL wildcard...oh, U get yo W-4 form yet? tell yo CPA i say Hi!!! ;-0000000
Drink the hive

New York, NY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Hanoi -If U Look At What He Has Said The Past 4 Yr' About Mass Arrests And Disclosure NONE Of
It Has Come True What So Ever...

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/Mewt...
gooose go NK

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#11 Jan 4, 2013
Drink the hive wrote:
Hanoi -If U Look At What He Has Said The Past 4 Yr' About Mass Arrests And Disclosure NONE Of
It Has Come True What So Ever...
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/Mewt...
Hahahaha! keep think..i"m on vacation...i wil bee back for Eastern find the egg in NY!!! ;-00

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 min Porkmoup 10,557
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,406,606
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 3 min The pros and cons 4
News Mark Cuban endorses Hillary Clinton 3 min UODF 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,787
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 14 min River Tam 15,107
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min Chimney1 201,844
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min Quirky 391,850
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 2 hr Lock Him Up 30
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr dp cassie 5,787
More from around the web