Romney: US should be more assertive on world stage

Oct 7, 2012 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 71

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is proposing the U.S. take a more assertive role in Syria, put conditions on aid to Egypt and tighten sanctions on Iran as he looks to use a planned foreign policy address to paint President Barack Obama as a weak leader who has limited America's influence on global affairs.

Full Story
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

#44 Oct 8, 2012
Rominoid's sons need to go to all these wars their chickenhawk daddy wants to start. Americans are sick of wars and American imperialism.
We're already sick of Willard's ugly face and LIES!
1 post removed

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#46 Oct 8, 2012
anti-American democrats wrote:
<quoted text>
lawrence, you're too old to be so immature
grow up, ya loser
I took a course with Peter Pan. I'll never grow up.
1 post removed
see the light

El Paso, TX

#48 Oct 8, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Then vote for Obama.
No he's on his way to completely destroying America. You want that, but not me I love my Country.
1 post removed

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#50 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>No he's on his way to completely destroying America. You want that, but not me I love my Country.
I'll give you a chance, dimbulb. How is Obama destroying America? Just the facts, ma'am.
August

Belleview, FL

#51 Oct 8, 2012
ROMNEY 2012 AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lauri would rather see America destroyed than have a conservative for Pres.
As scary as it is, that seems to be the mindset of all liberals.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#52 Oct 9, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
After Benghazi, is there still a presidential race? I should think not. The rest is a formality. It shall be interesting, however, to see how much of the disgust for the democrat party "TRICKLES DOWN" from Obama and the WH to it's lesser liberals.
If it wasn't Benghazi you'd find something else to gripe about. Our country has had foreign embassies attacked in the past. They are vulnerable and the Americans who work in them know the risks. Please remember a Republican was in charge when 3,000 innocent Americans lost their lives on our own soil. I HAVEN'T forgotten.

I haven't forgotten which president was in charge when millions of jobs disappeared from this country. I haven't forgotten who was in charge when at least 12 million illegal aliens were allowed to cross the border and take up residence. I haven't forgotten the hoopla you kooks made regarding sending all the illegals back. Now flip-flopping Romney wants to give them Amnesty, and suddenly illegals aren't an issue for you anymore. I haven't forgotten who turned a blind eye to Wall Street while it collapsed our economy. I haven't forgotten who was at a birthday party while New Orleans was washing away. I haven't forgotten our country's longest war....not started by Obama, bwt. I haven't forgotten the trillions of taxpayer dollars, the thousands of lives lost because somebody in Washington wanted control of the Middle East.

I haven't forgotten and after all that there isn't a Republican on earth who would get my vote. Obama has tried to right the wrongs that were done before him. Republicans have done nothing but whine, cry, obstruct, and generally hateful and self-serving. But probably more than all of this is attitude and I don't like the attitude of Republicans. Romney couldn't have been a better poster child for Republican condescension if he'd tried when he was recorded talking to his rich buddies.

Even if I were wealthy, that kind of attitude would turn me off. I'm not sure why it's so popular these days, but I find if offensive and disrespectful, especially in someone looking to garner votes.

Location hidden

#53 Oct 9, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a chance, dimbulb. How is Obama destroying America? Just the facts, ma'am.
You're really expecting an answer?
anti-American democrats

Philadelphia, PA

#54 Oct 9, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I took a course with Peter Pan. I'll never grow up.
lawrence wolf = SHEMALE FOR LOSERS (obama's backpack crew)

HAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

lawrence, you old queen
anti-American democrats

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Oct 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really expecting an answer?
gutting the military, obamacare, the 16 trillion dollar debt

do we need to continue, son?
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#56 Oct 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't Benghazi you'd find something else to gripe about. Our country has had foreign embassies attacked in the past. They are vulnerable and the Americans who work in them know the risks. Please remember a Republican was in charge when 3,000 innocent Americans lost their lives on our own soil. I HAVEN'T forgotten.
I haven't forgotten which president was in charge when millions of jobs disappeared from this country. I haven't forgotten who was in charge when at least 12 million illegal aliens were allowed to cross the border and take up residence. I haven't forgotten the hoopla you kooks made regarding sending all the illegals back. Now flip-flopping Romney wants to give them Amnesty, and suddenly illegals aren't an issue for you anymore. I haven't forgotten who turned a blind eye to Wall Street while it collapsed our economy. I haven't forgotten who was at a birthday party while New Orleans was washing away. I haven't forgotten our country's longest war....not started by Obama, bwt. I haven't forgotten the trillions of taxpayer dollars, the thousands of lives lost because somebody in Washington wanted control of the Middle East.
I haven't forgotten and after all that there isn't a Republican on earth who would get my vote. Obama has tried to right the wrongs that were done before him. Republicans have done nothing but whine, cry, obstruct, and generally hateful and self-serving. But probably more than all of this is attitude and I don't like the attitude of Republicans. Romney couldn't have been a better poster child for Republican condescension if he'd tried when he was recorded talking to his rich buddies.
Even if I were wealthy, that kind of attitude would turn me off. I'm not sure why it's so popular these days, but I find if offensive and disrespectful, especially in someone looking to garner votes.
"If it wasn't Benghazi you'd find something else to gripe about. Our country has had foreign embassies attacked in the past. They are vulnerable and the Americans who work in them know the risks. Please remember a Republican was in charge when 3,000 innocent Americans lost their lives on our own soil. I HAVEN'T forgotten."

So it's bad for Bush to be the president when the original 9/11 occured on his watch but you seem to think Obama holds NO responsibility for this last 9/11? Not only did he leave our embassey open to attack and undefended and did so on 9/11 this year when every previous year they up the security at All American interest around the world on that date every year since the original attack.....but not this one. And that is after it has come out that not only had the embassey requested more security due to increased threats on them....threats made directly on our ambassador on the internet...but they requested more security SEVERAL times and the response they got from the state depart. was not only that they denied increased security but told the folks at the embassey to STOP requesting more security.
Funny that all that complete and total FAILURE seems to be acceptable to you because it's on Obama's watch, and after all the only thing that matters is WHO is in charge when something bad happens. It's only bad if you don't like them or their politics, if they are on your side it's apparently perfectly fine for American's to die on their watch, even when their should be NO reason for the deaths. Obama and CLinton both have blood on their hands on this one and Clinton should flat our resign after her epic failure to do her job! And she was the one that ask our ambassador to Libya to do that job and be the ambassador and then the cowardly witch just left him to die after he was begging her to protect him. I hope his wife spits in her face....I would if that was my husband she murdered!!!!

Location hidden

#57 Oct 9, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
"If it wasn't Benghazi you'd find something else to gripe about. Our country has had foreign embassies attacked in the past. They are vulnerable and the Americans who work in them know the risks. Please remember a Republican was in charge when 3,000 innocent Americans lost their lives on our own soil. I HAVEN'T forgotten."
So it's bad for Bush to be the president when the original 9/11 occured on his watch but you seem to think Obama holds NO responsibility for this last 9/11? Not only did he leave our embassey open to attack and undefended and did so on 9/11 this year when every previous year they up the security at All American interest around the world on that date every year since the original attack.....but not this one. And that is after it has come out that not only had the embassey requested more security due to increased threats on them....threats made directly on our ambassador on the internet...but they requested more security SEVERAL times and the response they got from the state depart. was not only that they denied increased security but told the folks at the embassey to STOP requesting more security.
Funny that all that complete and total FAILURE seems to be acceptable to you because it's on Obama's watch, and after all the only thing that matters is WHO is in charge when something bad happens. It's only bad if you don't like them or their politics, if they are on your side it's apparently perfectly fine for American's to die on their watch, even when their should be NO reason for the deaths. Obama and CLinton both have blood on their hands on this one and Clinton should flat our resign after her epic failure to do her job! And she was the one that ask our ambassador to Libya to do that job and be the ambassador and then the cowardly witch just left him to die after he was begging her to protect him. I hope his wife spits in her face....I would if that was my husband she murdered!!!!
Embassies ARE targets and those who work at them know the risks. They often work in hostile territory and they accept the danger.

It's a FAR different scenerio than 3,000 innocent Americans working on American soil getting wiped out because our president was busy picking his nose. Those people didn't do to work that day knowing that a risk of their job could mean being pulvarized because NO ONE knew terrorists would attack their office building.

ALL American embassies should be closed. They're a waste of money and a target for those who dislike us.
I'm sure the ambassador's wife enjoyed the nice salary and perks that came along with her husband's position.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#58 Oct 9, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Embassies ARE targets and those who work at them know the risks. They often work in hostile territory and they accept the danger.
It's a FAR different scenerio than 3,000 innocent Americans working on American soil getting wiped out because our president was busy picking his nose. Those people didn't do to work that day knowing that a risk of their job could mean being pulvarized because NO ONE knew terrorists would attack their office building.
ALL American embassies should be closed. They're a waste of money and a target for those who dislike us.
I'm sure the ambassador's wife enjoyed the nice salary and perks that came along with her husband's position.
So because they know their are risk and they are going to hostile territories that excuses the president and clinton from doing their job and answering their request for added protection WITH ADDED PROTECTION especially on 9/11? That excuses them from ignoring the request repeatidly....and then even telling them to stop asking for protection due to threats on their life? Exactly what the hell is wrong with you????
And since you're sure the ambassador's wife enjoyed the nice salary and perks that came along with the position it makes our president and clinton be excused from doing their job but instead of doing their job actually assisting through inaction in the murder of her husband? That makes it ok???? That cleans the blood off clinton's hands somehow because his wife like the pay her husband got??? Again....what the hell is wrong with you?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#59 Oct 9, 2012
Bishoprick Romney is a four time draft dodger. He is too cowardly to fight unless it is five on one as when he assaulted and battered a gay classmate for having a haircut he disliked.

Bishoprick Romney's blank-shooting 'sons' are also cowards. None of them served their country either.

Romneys = cowards.

Then again, LDS = cowards as well. The Mormon Political Party masquerading as a cult masquerading as a church fought hard to exempt Mormons boys even while they fought hard to get other boys killed.

This is typical of grifters executing the long con on the America they hate.

Location hidden

#60 Oct 9, 2012
anti-American democrats wrote:
<quoted text>
gutting the military, obamacare, the 16 trillion dollar debt
do we need to continue, son?
You are another Republiscum America-hating traitor, boy.

Bishoprick Romney promises to kill Medicare by 2016. Gives new meaning to four more years.

Bishoprick Romney promises to shove $2 T on the military that it does not want and did not request to top off his $5 T in tax cuts for the rich. He lies, lies and then lies some more saying that Mormon Magic will take that $7 TRILLION and make middle class families pay for it.

You Republiscums, boy, are traitors to this country.

Location hidden

#61 Oct 9, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
So because they know their are risk and they are going to hostile territories that excuses the president and clinton from doing their job and answering their request for added protection WITH ADDED PROTECTION especially on 9/11? That excuses them from ignoring the request repeatidly....and then even telling them to stop asking for protection due to threats on their life? Exactly what the hell is wrong with you????
And since you're sure the ambassador's wife enjoyed the nice salary and perks that came along with the position it makes our president and clinton be excused from doing their job but instead of doing their job actually assisting through inaction in the murder of her husband? That makes it ok???? That cleans the blood off clinton's hands somehow because his wife like the pay her husband got??? Again....what the hell is wrong with you?
We still have time to indict the Bushies for failure to come off of vacation and prevent 911.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#62 Oct 9, 2012
America can not afford Romney wasting and borrowing for wars across the world.

Location hidden

#63 Oct 9, 2012
Bishoprick Romney is bound and determined to go to war with Russia. He is hankering for WWIII so that he can be the White Horse Prophecy and take over the USA for the Mormon fake Church.

Period.

Really.

He is filled to the brim with stories of his direct descent from the Apostles and his future as GOD.

Period.

Really.
August

Belleview, FL

#64 Oct 9, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Bishoprick Romney is bound and determined to go to war with Russia. He is hankering for WWIII so that he can be the White Horse Prophecy and take over the USA for the Mormon fake Church.
Period.
Really.
He is filled to the brim with stories of his direct descent from the Apostles and his future as GOD.
Period.
Really.
Thank God you're here to predict the future for us! Could you give me six winning numbers while you're at it?
Sesame STFUs Obama

Phoenix, AZ

#65 Oct 9, 2012
We need to get Big Bird to start talking about Libya
-- maybe then Obama would acknowledge the terrorism that recently occurred there.
Sesame STFUs Obama

Phoenix, AZ

#66 Oct 9, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The guy (Mitt Romney) who was pro-Vietnam, yet went to France to avoid the draft… who has 5 sons – none of which joined the military – is all for asserting this nation’s sons and daughters into country after country; conflict after conflict.
Is this you?

Woman Calling Herself Veteran Goes Berserk Over Refused Entry Into Obama Event

http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama-event/...

Where was Obama to let her into the event? She was devastated. This kind of thing shouldn't be encouraged by the President of the US. He acts like some kind of movie star with followers heart broken not to see him.

BLECCCK. We want a REAL President.

MITT ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll shows dead heat among likely voters in Mas... 3 min Le Jimbo 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,115,312
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 min Reverend Alan 658
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min The Dude 117,412
Will Mitt Romney take the plunge again? 4 min Lawrence Wolf 6
Democrats flood inboxes for last-minute campaig... 4 min barefoot2626 9
Larry Craig ordered to pay up for bathroom arrest 5 min Le Jimbo 8
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 11 min Le Jimbo 46
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 13 min wally515 46
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min NTRPRNR1 265,645