Romney: US should be more assertive on world stage

Oct 7, 2012 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 71

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is proposing the U.S. take a more assertive role in Syria, put conditions on aid to Egypt and tighten sanctions on Iran as he looks to use a planned foreign policy address to paint President Barack Obama as a weak leader who has limited America's influence on global affairs.

Full Story
JoeyBoo

Farmington, CT

#22 Oct 8, 2012
We need to get the Hell out of the Middle East and let it implode.

Instead we are talking about which country to invade next.
I'm tired of seeing these vets comign home mamed.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#23 Oct 8, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Romney needs to mention protecting Americans while they serve in UNSTABLE regions of the world.
Let soldiers PROTECT themselves-no restrictions on when to fire their weapons -do you want dead soldiers or do you want soldiers to return home to America?
Give protection to diplomats serving in ravaged countries. Don't RELY on newly minted forces in UNSTABLE countries as Obama did in Libya. We don't want another raped and murdered ambassador and 3 other Americans.
Do you have any loved ones there? I do. It's just not as simple as you'd like it to be.

Personally, EVERY American in that region of the world should be brought home right now, but that will never happen as long as there is oil in the ground and America has even the slightest idea of getting ahold of it. Thousands of American soldiers have died NOT to protect our freedoms, NOT because our country is under threat...they have died because it has made people rich.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#24 Oct 8, 2012
Hillary Clinton should be fired for the screw-up in Libya. She is the one that is suppose to be the top dog of our Embassey's and we now know that there was more than just a couple request for better protection and increased security at the Embassey in Libya and the request were ALL denied! And that would be bad enough at any time but the fact that there was not increased security on 9/11 to begin with is negligent enough, but when you have repeated request prior to 9/11 and it goes ignored or out right denied should be more than enough to keep Hillary OUT of any politics ever again. I use to think I would have loved her to get the nomination instead of Obama and would have been happier to vote for her, but now I am completely shocked with her total failure to protect the very Ambassador she ask to do that job and then left him and three others to die with no protection from their own government that they served and served honorably. If she had a ounce of dignity left (which I can't see why she should) she should use it to RESIGN!!!! EPIC FAIL HILLARY!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25 Oct 8, 2012
After Benghazi, is there still a presidential race? I should think not. The rest is a formality. It shall be interesting, however, to see how much of the disgust for the democrat party "TRICKLES DOWN" from Obama and the WH to it's lesser liberals.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#26 Oct 8, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
After Benghazi, is there still a presidential race? I should think not. The rest is a formality. It shall be interesting, however, to see how much of the disgust for the democrat party "TRICKLES DOWN" from Obama and the WH to it's lesser liberals.
You are stupid beyond belief. Does your alternate universe have a Starbucks?
Gravediggers

Jefferson, MA

#27 Oct 8, 2012
FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE = OBAMA!

Obama had NO foreign policy EXPERIENCE prior to becoming President. He didn't EVEN have business experience!

The resulting 4 years of his presidency has diminished America.

He had his opportunity! Time is up.

IT IS TIME FOR A MATURE, BALANCED, EXPERIENCE MAN to take the reins from Obama.

Go back to Chicago, lecture at colleges, make speeches, enjoy your new riches and get OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE.

When Obama can FIX Chicago, then look to run again.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#28 Oct 8, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The scale of Obama's humilation revealed: Romney scores 52-point debate victory - the BIGGEST in Gallup poll history

Romney also enjoyed a five-point national poll swing putting him level pegging with Obama at 47%
Even among Democrats, 49 per cent thought Romney was the winner with only 39 per cent of his own supporters saying Obama had won the day

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22147...
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#29 Oct 8, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE = OBAMA!
Obama had NO foreign policy EXPERIENCE prior to becoming President. He didn't EVEN have business experience!
The resulting 4 years of his presidency has diminished America.
He had his opportunity! Time is up.
IT IS TIME FOR A MATURE, BALANCED, EXPERIENCE MAN to take the reins from Obama.
Go back to Chicago, lecture at colleges, make speeches, enjoy your new riches and get OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE.
When Obama can FIX Chicago, then look to run again.
Yes! Amen.

“The Commander-in-Chi ef”

Since: Jun 07

Always bet on Black

#30 Oct 8, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The scale of Obama's humilation revealed: Romney scores 52-point debate victory - the BIGGEST in Gallup poll history
Romney also enjoyed a five-point national poll swing putting him level pegging with Obama at 47%
Even among Democrats, 49 per cent thought Romney was the winner with only 39 per cent of his own supporters saying Obama had won the day
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22147...
It is so pathetically amusing to watch you silly right-wingers hump all over the very polls that just a week ago you were desperately trying to discredit… just like that great jobs report that came out Friday…

PATHETIC!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#31 Oct 8, 2012
Romney is doing this to justify his military borrowing and spending to create his jobs yes his military spending government dependent jobs. That is the only way he can create jobs is government jobs.
1 post removed
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#33 Oct 8, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so pathetically amusing to watch you silly right-wingers hump all over the very polls that just a week ago you were desperately trying to discredit… just like that great jobs report that came out Friday…
PATHETIC!
Hardly.

As I've routinely noted, the polls over-sample Democrats.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/...

It's even more telling that as the election draws closer and the polls over-sampling grows, Obama looks weaker.

And as I've also noted, 200,000 more jobs is great, but 67 million watching Obama stumble and fumble through the debate is even better.

btw, you've worn out the "pathetic" argument, as well as the "funny" one.
Mittens

Thorntown, IN

#34 Oct 8, 2012
America should be as assertive as I was during the Vietnam War. I was very assertive when it came to eating quiche,nibbling on cheese cubes from my manicured fingers and sipping wine. I was also very assertive when it came time to cash the checks Daddy sent me to live on.

My contemporaries were fighting in the jungles of Vietnam while I lived the life of leisure in France.

I was special. I am unique. I am precious. I am Mittens!

VOTE ROMNEY AND RYAN 2012

Please allow me to continue living the elegant life. The White House is my Manifest Destiny!!

I will represent the interests of the executive and investment class.

Plus,I will represent the interests of the Politburo of China. The Gambling interests of Macau. The Sweatshops of the Marianna Islands!!

He who has the golden rule makes the rules!!

I want to be your ruler!! I want to be king!!

I always get what I want!!

Joseph Smith would be proud!!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#35 Oct 8, 2012
Romney jobs plan is to increase government jobs not private sector jobs. Military spending increases government jobs.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#36 Oct 8, 2012
Weak is right, a Leader he's not. Never led the Nation.

Location hidden

#37 Oct 8, 2012
see the light wrote:
Weak is right, a Leader he's not. Never led the Nation.
Then vote for Obama.
anti-American democrats

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Oct 8, 2012
Paul Ryan will humiliate the village idiot gaffetastic joe the goof biden this week

yes TO SEAL THE DEAL

Location hidden

#39 Oct 8, 2012
I had the dubious privilege of watching Romney's foreign policy address. As expected, it was filled with bumper sticker cliches, generalities, naive and self-contradictory bloviating, and complete insincerity. In short, a typical Romney speech.

Mitt Romney is a pile of overripe poop. His supporters are his toilet paper.
anti-American democrats

Philadelphia, PA

#40 Oct 8, 2012
JoeyBoo wrote:
We need to get the Hell out of the Middle East and let it implode.
Instead we are talking about which country to invade next.
I'm tired of seeing these vets comign home mamed.
we'll get out of Cleveland just as soon as ROMNEY is elected President...

SUCKAH !

Location hidden

#41 Oct 8, 2012
anti-American democrats wrote:
Paul Ryan will humiliate the village idiot gaffetastic joe the goof biden this week
yes TO SEAL THE DEAL
Is Ryan planning to wear a dress? That might work.
1 post removed
anti-American democrats

Philadelphia, PA

#43 Oct 8, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Is Ryan planning to wear a dress? That might work.
lawrence, you're too old to be so immature

grow up, ya loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 2 min Le Duped 14
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 2 min kuda 63
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Independent patriot 293,427
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min thewordofme 132,328
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 7 min fedupwiththemess 209
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min woodtick57 2,385
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Realtime 1,153,761
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 21 min John 89
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 1 hr woodtick57 315
More from around the web