Sweeping Anti-Abortion Bill Expected To Become Kan. Law

There are 1168 comments on the National Public Radio story from Apr 6, 2013, titled Sweeping Anti-Abortion Bill Expected To Become Kan. Law. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Kansas legislators gave final passage to a sweeping anti-abortion measure Friday night, sending Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Mike

Ellenwood, GA

#1046 May 10, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you've made that reservation for a flight to Amsterdam...but I do believe that 'conscription' applies to an organism that sets up housekeeping in a woman's uterus, against her will, and in spite of precautions against it.
If that doesn't meet with agreement from you, so be it.
The Supreme Court agrees with me.
:)
A embryo can not conscript anyone. It cannot force anyone to do anything. If you can't make choices you can't conscript anyone.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1047 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
A fetus is not a toe or part of another human being.
It certainly is.

Location hidden

#1048 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. If you take out someone vertebrae they are still a vertebrate.
If there is no vertebrae to start with, then there is no vertebrate.

Location hidden

#1049 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Women who become pregnant willfully.
Not all do.

If you don't want an abortion: don't have one.

Location hidden

#1050 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
<Straw man.
You don't know what a straw man is, either.

It is also not unlike you not knowing what the truth is- or more correctly: flat out lying.

You have a right to your own opinion. You don't have a right to your own facts.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#1051 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
A embryo can not conscript anyone. It cannot force anyone to do anything. If you can't make choices you can't conscript anyone.
Says you.

I have Constitutional rights - the fetus does not - says the Supreme Court.

Argue with them.

Location hidden

#1052 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
All parasites are living organisms in themselves,
That is a straw man, Honey.

A fetus is part of the human.

You bring up parasite.

And then you explain why a fetus is not a parasite.

It can be said that a fetus is "parasitic" in the sense it is dependent on the "host" organism (a somewhat sloppy English figurativism) put a parasite would be a separate and distinct organism.

But we return to your bringing up falsely your accusation of using a straw man and then using one yourself within the same breath.
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#1053 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what a straw man is, either.
It is also not unlike you not knowing what the truth is- or more correctly: flat out lying.
You have a right to your own opinion. You don't have a right to your own facts.
Stop lying.
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#1054 May 10, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Says you.
I have Constitutional rights - the fetus does not - says the Supreme Court.
Argue with them.
The fetus is a person, butch.

Location hidden

#1055 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
I also wasn't speaking directly to you.
You certainly were.

So there we have the well-founded proof that you are a liar.

And that isn't an insult: just established fact.

Location hidden

#1056 May 10, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't, LarryLimpwrist.

Location hidden

#1057 May 10, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying.
Stop molesting.

Location hidden

#1058 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
If someone loses their genitalia in an accident they are still a man or a woman.
Straw man.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#1060 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
Sex cause reproduction not giving birth.
If that were true, then there would not be a place for humans to stand on earth.

Location hidden

#1061 May 10, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man and another straw man and yet another straw man.

An embryo is an embryo.

Having an embryo does involve making choices just as having a tumor does. If you have a cancerous growth- you may choose to have it removed. If not removing the tumor had unpleasant consequences, particularly death, it certain can be said that the tumor forced the choice.

So you didn't bass your English class either?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#1062 May 10, 2013
someoneuknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until it's born, sundance.
PATRIOT

United States

#1063 May 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anymore than the ninety percent of Americans who want universal background checks to keep you from selling guns to felons and wife beaters are criminals because they point out that you don't know what you are talking about: you don't have special rights to sell deadly weapons to anyone you please because it is a gun.
I don't sell guns-to anyone. I have every gun that I have purchased, or was given as a gift. And if selling guns to felons is a felony, I'm sure President Obama is the one needing your expertise on criminality. I call selling "assault rifles",(guns), to the drug cartels,(felons), of Mexico a criminal act by your posted definition as authoritative, expertise in the law-a crime. Right?

So, why should the President, his Attorney General, and the ATF have any more "special rights" to sell deadly weapons than I should be entitled to?

And I know Topix rules. Appears they apply to my right to ask why as much as they allow for why not?

Please cite your source on the 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#1064 May 10, 2013
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't sell guns-to anyone. I have every gun that I have purchased, or was given as a gift. And if selling guns to felons is a felony, I'm sure President Obama is the one needing your expertise on criminality. I call selling "assault rifles",(guns), to the drug cartels,(felons), of Mexico a criminal act by your posted definition as authoritative, expertise in the law-a crime. Right?
So, why should the President, his Attorney General, and the ATF have any more "special rights" to sell deadly weapons than I should be entitled to?
And I know Topix rules. Appears they apply to my right to ask why as much as they allow for why not?
Please cite your source on the 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks?
Brilliant. Helpful. Agree.

:)

Location hidden

#1065 May 10, 2013
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't sell guns-to anyone.
You would if offered more than what you felt they were worth- about $20 each, I'd say.

If you do not require background checks for firearms you sell, than - and this is the tricky part- you don't support background checks and you would sell them to complete strangers who had the cash or maybe a lawn mower even though you know it was stolen from the neighbor.

Location hidden

#1066 May 10, 2013
PATRIOT wrote:
And if selling guns to felons is a felony, I'm sure President Obama is the one needing your expertise on criminality.
Poor baby: Obama isn't a felon but if he was, you are the one who is insisting you have the right to sell him the gun.

I say: check.

You say: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Ari son of Anarchy 182,394
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,232,851
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min NoahLovesU 163,863
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 6 min private guy 65
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min freebird 328,396
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 8 min Agents of Corruption 2,229
News French president revives political duo with his ex 8 min private guy 1
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 hr NorCal Native 38
More from around the web