US congressman cites biblical flood t...

US congressman cites biblical flood to dispute human link to climate change

There are 68 comments on the The Guardian story from Apr 10, 2013, titled US congressman cites biblical flood to dispute human link to climate change. In it, The Guardian reports that:

In 2010, Joe Barton apologised to BP over a deal requiring the company to set aside $20bn for oil spill clean-up costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#22 Apr 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's called "Day-o."
Used to be cynically sung late at night at work at times.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#23 Apr 11, 2013
amazing that the cult members still believe this proven wrong myth of the Noachian flood...

Sad that such people make it to public office.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#24 Apr 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't comin out of no closet, no sireeyybob. My coffee is easy to prounounce, maxwell house, or if I was in Virginia, Hooose.
So you use Maxwell? Smart!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#25 Apr 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Used to be cynically sung late at night at work at times.
I prefer Belafonte's version.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#26 Apr 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
See? This the ignorance we Democrats are forced to deal with. To think that this ignorant Barton bozo can be elected to public office, and have any influence over American lives.
Noah's f''king ark, indeed!
Like the man said:“we must stop being the stupid party” good luck with that ...
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#27 Apr 12, 2013
Calling Al Gore
Calling Al Gore
***ManBearPig Alert***
Calling Al Gore

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#28 Apr 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
amazing that the cult members still believe this proven wrong myth of the Noachian flood...
I missed the story of the proof of the flood being non factual. I know most civilizations around the world have a devistating flood in their writings and stories passed thru rote. Do you have a link to this proof?
SpaceBlues

United States

#29 Apr 12, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I missed the story of the proof of the flood being non factual. I know most civilizations around the world have a devistating flood in their writings and stories passed thru rote. Do you have a link to this proof?
You missed a lot.

It's not true that most civilizations around the world have flood stories. The only one is from the Middle East, the home of our modern civilization.

Sure there were tsunamies and floods around the world but they were not recorded in those places. We have to rely in all cases on geological evidence.
4 posts removed
spocko

Oakland, CA

#34 Apr 12, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I missed the story of the proof of the flood being non factual. I know most civilizations around the world have a devistating flood in their writings and stories passed thru rote. Do you have a link to this proof?
Obviously you missed a lot more than just flood story - ye moron!

Hypoluxo Fl

#35 Apr 12, 2013
My Portal wrote:
I missed the story with the facts that proved there was a flood. Could you provide a link other than the buybull?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#36 Apr 12, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You missed a lot.
It's not true that most civilizations around the world have flood stories. The only one is from the Middle East, the home of our modern civilization.
Sure there were tsunamies and floods around the world but they were not recorded in those places. We have to rely in all cases on geological evidence.
That's right a worldwide flood all the way up to the mountain tops :-)
After all we find fossils of sea creatures in rock layers that cover all the continents. The rock layers in the walls of Grand Canyon above sea level contain marine fossils. Fossilized shellfish are even found in the Himalayas. So there ... LOL!
SpaceBlues

United States

#37 Apr 12, 2013
Geological evidence rules, not anectodes!
SpaceBlues

United States

#38 Apr 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right a worldwide flood all the way up to the mountain tops :-)
After all we find fossils of sea creatures in rock layers that cover all the continents. The rock layers in the walls of Grand Canyon above sea level contain marine fossils. Fossilized shellfish are even found in the Himalayas. So there ... LOL!
Anecdotes don't rule.

Geology evidence rules!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#39 Apr 12, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Geological evidence rules, not anectodes!
That is my point ... mocking the absurdity of it!~
SpaceBlues

United States

#40 Apr 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my point ... mocking the absurdity of it!~
Sorry!

I did not see your sarcasm flag. Now, LOL.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#41 Apr 12, 2013
ManBearPig is on the loose again!!!
I'm SUPER SERIAL.
“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities
Democrats are retarded perverts.

Location hidden

#42 Apr 12, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I missed the story with the facts that proved there was a flood. Could you provide a link other than the buybull?
The bible. Now you prove there was not one.

Location hidden

#43 Apr 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you missed a lot more than just flood story - ye moron!
Why do you attack. You were not even the person the question of proof was ask of. Do you have trouble playing with others at middleschools as well? People that post bunk and then run away from proving their theory are not to be taken seriously.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#44 Apr 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Robert Ballard, the underwater archaeologist famed for discovering the wreck of the Titanic in 1985, claims to have found evidence of the biblical flood that Noah fled, surfing the waters for 40 days and 40 nights, according to Genesis. He says the Black Sea was once merely a freshwater lake -- until an enormous wall of water from the Mediterranean 200 times more powerful than Niagara Falls swept it and everything else away. Including Noah and his ark. Gee, an individual who could be "shot down" for his findings has revealed them ANYWAY. Suck on that Wooooody.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#45 Apr 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Through carbon dating of shells found on an ancient shoreline 400 feet beneath the surface of the Black Sea, they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event that happened around 5,000 B.C., he estimated. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred, ABC said.

Some archaeologists have supported the story of Noah, citing similar details passed along in narratives from Mesopotamian times, notably “the Epic of Gilgamesh.” Where is your proof, wooooody? Who is Your source for debunking the Biblical texts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 2 min Captain Yesterday 69
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... 3 min Rev Cash Dollar 117
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,421,351
News German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the TT... 4 min Captain Yesterday 34
News Suddenly it's Trump sounding soft on illegal im... 4 min spud 22
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 222,885
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 min Frankie Rizzo 16,229
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min katrina 88 240,221
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Coffee Party 393,451
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 22 min Crpopp 183
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr Ronald 442
More from around the web