American Christian Evangelicals celebrating advancement of Uganda's "Kill the gays" bill

Nov 26, 2012 Full story: Daily Kos 32

Christian leaders of America are excited about the prospect that Uganda is close to passing it's "Kill the gays" bill.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christina

Mesa, AZ

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Wow, such the "Christian" thing to do. Jesus just loved slaughtering his neighbors and those he saw as second class citizens. These so-called Christians are nothing but insane maroons

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Christina wrote:
Wow, such the "Christian" thing to do. Jesus just loved slaughtering his neighbors and those he saw as second class citizens. These so-called Christians are nothing but insane maroons
The headline, and the article, imply that ALL Christians, and ALL Christian leaders have the same beliefs as these nuts. That is OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE. I don't see the leaders of: The Episcopal church advocating this nonsense, nor the Lutheran denominations, nor the Methodist denominations, nor the Presbyterian denomonations, etc...

These people are just as loony and as extreme as the loony & extremist Muslims who fly planes into buildings, and blow up busses and trains in suicide attacks.

These peopel are a small and extreme fringe group who are NOT representative of 99% of the Christians in the world.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Like demons around a slaughter the evangelicals celebrate their evilness.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The headline, and the article, imply that ALL Christians, and ALL Christian leaders have the same beliefs as these nuts. That is OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE. I don't see the leaders of: The Episcopal church advocating this nonsense, nor the Lutheran denominations, nor the Methodist denominations, nor the Presbyterian denomonations, etc...
These people are just as loony and as extreme as the loony & extremist Muslims who fly planes into buildings, and blow up busses and trains in suicide attacks.
These peopel are a small and extreme fringe group who are NOT representative of 99% of the Christians in the world.
You are totally correct, they represent an extremely small fringe element. The sad thing is that these are the folk that get (or try to get) laws on the books that affect 100% of the population. That is why it's important to keep vigilant when these crazies pop up and do our best to counteract their virulence.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Uganda prides itself in getting advice about this issue from American religious leaders. Those that stay quiet are no better than their breathren.

You included since you're a known self hating gay racist.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
shelby

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Complety sick people not at all Christians.
I would be totally ashamed to say I belong to such a group a Satan worshipers.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#7 Nov 26, 2012
What baffles me to absolutely no end is how these conservative imbeciles constantly go on about how Ďpatrioticí they are and yet they donít seem to believe in the two most American concepts: freedom and equality for all.

Iíll never understand how they can harbor such extreme cognitive dissonance.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Christians do not celebrate the death of gays. They pray for them. They consider them God's children the same as anyone else. I know what the Bible says about gays, but it is not my place to judge anyone. The Lord will take care of that when the time comes. He will judge all of us, and we better be ready.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Nov 26, 2012
Truth wrote:
Like demons around a slaughter the evangelicals celebrate their evilness.
That's going to be their downfall, in due time.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Christians do not celebrate the death of gays. They pray for them. They consider them God's children the same as anyone else. I know what the Bible says about gays, but it is not my place to judge anyone. The Lord will take care of that when the time comes. He will judge all of us, and we better be ready.
The fundievelicals will label you "luke warm", or "not a real christian". If your ultimate goal isn't to destroy those you find distasteful, you're not a real christian.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Yes, I am a real Christian, and all the Christians I know feel the same way. We are not God. Only He can determine our fate, or the fate of others.

Bellevue, WA

#12 Nov 26, 2012
i hope an upset gay ugandan escapes that country and comes oer here to kill these sick azz christardos
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Nov 26, 2012
You are back!! How's tricks? You were missed.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Nov 26, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
Uganda prides itself in getting advice about this issue from American religious leaders. Those that stay quiet are no better than their breathren.
You included since you're a known self hating gay racist.
<quoted text>
Untrue.
Ronald

Anonymous Proxy

#15 Nov 26, 2012
I know I'm loving it !!!

Go Uganda go !!!
1 post removed

Bellevue, WA

#17 Nov 26, 2012
to the gays in uganda.... start killing prosecuters.. cleargy members.. and gov't officials..... they can't kill you if they are dead first... start with the cleargy
Conrad

France

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
to the gays in uganda.... start killing prosecuters.. cleargy members.. and gov't officials..... they can't kill you if they are dead first... start with the cleargy
Why don't you go over there and lead a queer uprising. ROFL!
1 post removed
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#20 Nov 26, 2012
We should take Lilith's suggestions, but start it here as that is where this originated. Ever hear of the Family? Some of these guys are in congress so start there.
1 post removed
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#22 Nov 26, 2012
These are not Christians.. they're partisans of everything that's detestable in organized religion.. the fools don't realize they're only helping to gain sympathy for the gay cause..

Bellevue, WA

#23 Nov 27, 2012
celticwarriors wrote:
We should take Lilith's suggestions, but start it here as that is where this originated. Ever hear of the Family? Some of these guys are in congress so start there.
to future ugandan terrorists this article provides a nice short list of those you should target for you know the good news ... don't forget there familys too

eye for an eye b@stards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,109,269
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Cali Girl 2014 49,803
Joint Chiefs chairman opens door to US boots on... 12 min Eleanor 1
Bill Maher Takes Aim at Minnesota Congressman 13 min Don Joe 32
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 min Cali Girl 2014 55,864
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 14 min Ronald 2,717
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min NTRPRNR1 261,572
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr Righteous 180
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 1 hr Righteous 263
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE