Town's White Police Official Calls Ob...

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word

There are 125 comments on the Boston.com story from May 15, 2014, titled Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word. In it, Boston.com reports that:

A police commissioner in a predominantly white New Hampshire town says he won't apologize for calling President Barack Obama the N-word.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#115 May 19, 2014
everybody is a tough guy on topix....me too...My right hook is awesome...takes me a couple seconds first, to unhook my oxygen bottle, and my colostomy bag, and get up outta this wheel chair, but when I do, you libs better watchout.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#116 May 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
everybody is a tough guy on topix....me too...My right hook is awesome...takes me a couple seconds first, to unhook my oxygen bottle, and my colostomy bag, and get up outta this wheel chair, but when I do, you libs better watchout.
I gave you a "funny".
The Dude

Glen Allen, VA

#117 May 19, 2014
RustyS wrote:
The First Amendment does not allow offensive speech. Unless it's progressively spoken.
Nobody's first amendment rights have been violated. Say what you will, be prepared to face the consequences.

Location hidden

#118 May 19, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's first amendment rights have been violated. Say what you will, be prepared to face the consequences.
We're talking about a police official. He should be subject to their ground rules, assuming they have any. If they can't fire this racist lowlife, they should assign him to cleaning toilets in an all-black church.

Alpharetta, GA

#119 May 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you a "funny".
I knew you would....you are the only one around here that appreciates a good joke when I steal one.

my other pickup line is " I got a red sports car, a no limit credit card, and a vasectomy'...it never works either. The one I used to use in bars was "Yes, I'm married, but I'm not a fanatic about it"

Alpharetta, GA

#120 May 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>We're talking about a police official. He should be subject to their ground rules, assuming they have any. If they can't fire this racist lowlife, they should assign him to cleaning toilets in an all-black church.
around here, the all black churches use outhouses.....I bet you city boys never had to use an outhouse in the summer, what with the big green horseflys buzzin round and the smell....ohhh the smell, you never forget the smell.
Jim

Springfield, NJ

#121 May 19, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
This used to be a country of tough, inependent, manly men.
It's turned into a bunch of touchy-feely, whine-ass, Progressive little sissies.
If this is all the country has left.
We deserve to be desoryed.
Our grandparents would be ashamed of us.
Our grandchildren will curse our names.
Care to elaborate? How is that relevant to this situation? Could you be a little less cryptic?

Alpharetta, GA

#122 May 19, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
This used to be a country of tough, inependent, manly men.
It's turned into a bunch of touchy-feely, whine-ass, Progressive little sissies.
If this is all the country has left.
We deserve to be desoryed.
Our grandparents would be ashamed of us.
Our grandchildren will curse our names.
the only time my grandkids curse my name is when I refuse to take them to Toys R us.
lucky liberal

Conroe, TX

#123 May 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Thanks...I'll pass this on to Omar The Tentmaker.

Location hidden

#124 May 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
around here, the all black churches use outhouses.....I bet you city boys never had to use an outhouse in the summer, what with the big green horseflys buzzin round and the smell....ohhh the smell, you never forget the smell.
Alas, I have had the dubious pleasure of using outhouses on more than one occasion. I recommend it as aromatherapy for my favorite politicians.

But nothing can beat letting one go in a deserted area atop the Canadian Rockies, with nothing but three Canadian dollar bills for tidying up.

Location hidden

#125 May 19, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
the only time my grandkids curse my name is when I refuse to take them to Toys R us.
My son does the same. You would think he'd have stopped after his twenty-second birthday.
Citizen

Leominster, MA

#126 May 19, 2014
Monty Anaconda wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could get Obama and Holder out of office. Those two knickers have done more damage to this country than honest cops who can spot a knicker from a mile away.
Looking at the source ( just another Texas idiot).
1 post removed
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#128 May 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Alas, I have had the dubious pleasure of using outhouses on more than one occasion. I recommend it as aromatherapy for my favorite politicians.
But nothing can beat letting one go in a deserted area atop the Canadian Rockies, with nothing but three Canadian dollar bills for tidying up.
Politicians should be used to that particular aromatherapy, as sometimes it seems they are knee deep.
Ah yes, the Canadian dollar, at least once upon a time worth less then tha American dollar.. A hankie is cheaper, and in theory biodegradeable. In the mountains you have to watch out for the marmots!
Jim

Lexington, MA

#129 May 19, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
So? Sticks and stones will break my bones but Names will never hurt me.
Unless I was really thin-skinned, and had mental issues. Only then could they MAYBE hurt me.
I personally hear Italians take more flack and get called more racist names everyday than other people and they just let it roll off their backs like water off of a duck.
I guess they have a lot more inner confidence or a stronger constitution or something than other people.
Just a small observation folks. Don't get your panties all in a bunch...
It's not about people feeling offended from what he said. It's about what his statements reveal about him as a person. Ever since the Civil Rights days of the 1960's, the N-word has been relegated to white supremacists and white supremacists only. KKK, Neo-nazis, etc. It's their rallying call. If you use the N-word, you've outed yourself as a white supremacist. That's why the town wants him removed, because they don't want someone with that ideology running their police department.

Get it? Or do I have to bring up the British Squirrel test?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#130 May 19, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about people feeling offended from what he said. It's about what his statements reveal about him as a person. Ever since the Civil Rights days of the 1960's, the N-word has been relegated to white supremacists and white supremacists only. KKK, Neo-nazis, etc. It's their rallying call. If you use the N-word, you've outed yourself as a white supremacist..........
OR, you are a Black person talking about another Black person, a Black rapper or a Black comedian. Other than Blacks using the word, you're right, anybody else is a racist.
1 post removed
Jim

Lexington, MA

#132 May 19, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
OR, you are a Black person talking about another Black person, a Black rapper or a Black comedian. Other than Blacks using the word, you're right, anybody else is a racist.
I remember hearing a story about an elderly black woman. When she heard her grandson talking like a gangster rapper, she said "I didn't get sprayed with fire hoses just so you could go around dropping the N-bomb!" And then pulled out the wooden spoon.

Panama City, FL

#133 May 20, 2014
Here we go again....

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#134 May 20, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to elaborate? How is that relevant to this situation? Could you be a little less cryptic?
Everyone has turned into politically correct girly-men.
Jim

Springfield, NJ

#135 May 20, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has turned into politically correct girly-men.
Ok, we're getting somewhere. I contend that use of the N-word goes beyond "politically incorrect", not because it offends people, but because of what it reveals about the person who says it. Ever since the civil rights era, the N-word has been the rallying cry of white supremacists. It was the word that white adults shouted at black children as they walked to school under armed guard. If you say the N-word in 2014, you have outed yourself as a white supremacist, a disgusting ideology that has no place in a public office.

“MAKE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#136 May 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>This is not information I would share on Topix, let alone my real name. But if you get there, there will be people ready to welcome you.
Name , number, address so I will know when you are there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Brad 1,479,986
News Julian Assange 'to face extradition' after Chel... 3 min anonymous 13
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 7 min shot first whites 41
News Specter of Lyndon Johnson haunts Trump 9 min shot first whites 47
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 9 min President Donald ... 4,395
News Can Democrats learn to fight fire with fire? 10 min tomin cali 59
News Bill and Hillary Clinton to attend Trump inaugu... 11 min Go Blue Forever 62
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Crow 256,354
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Buffalo Bill 409,182
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr President Donald ... 17,838
More from around the web