Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,779

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226811 Dec 25, 2013
Richie wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Nutso, did Frankie make good on the toy he promised you, that you wanted so bad?
You have nasty psychiatric problems.
I hope your mother or sister gets
someone bothering them,as much
as you insult me,a stranger.
Merry Christmas!
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226812 Dec 25, 2013
Richie wrote:
<quoted text>Oh STFU, you bully others just as much as anyone else does. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? oh if forgot you don't know either, one moment it's CG13 the next it's Frankie, you are insane all of us here just ROLL with your insanity, we try to make it worse ...
I have nothing to do with Frankie.
I don't have more than one moniker!
This one is it.Everyday I get called
names because of what Frankie
says.I told you before,but you must
be dense.Think what ya want, but
I already reported you.No one calls
me a slut,or a whore.You probably
treat all women like this,or you have
a small Dik,which is it?bitter....
Richie

Los Angeles, CA

#226813 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing to do with Frankie.
I don't have more than one moniker!
This one is it.Everyday I get called
names because of what Frankie
says.I told you before,but you must
be dense.Think what ya want, but
I already reported you.No one calls
me a slut,or a whore.You probably
treat all women like this,or you have
a small Dik,which is it?bitter....
I dare you to show where I called you a "slut" and a "whore". You know others post as people who they are not. I don't need to do that, people change my location constantly I have no control over that so I just roll with it. If you are who you say you are I appologize. By the way repoprting doesn't do jack crap ! Merry Christmas to you too!
Richie

Los Angeles, CA

#226814 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nasty psychiatric problems.
I hope your mother or sister gets
someone bothering them,as much
as you insult me,a stranger.
Merry Christmas!
Tell me what you think is nasty about what was said, Prove what you are claiming.You have a very wild immagination. Perhaps you are the one with the psychiatric problem, not me!
You are one for he books ...
IceCobb

Azusa, CA

#226815 Dec 25, 2013
IceCobb does care if it's hot or cold #226814
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226816 Dec 25, 2013
Richie wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me what you think is nasty about what was said, Prove what you are claiming.You have a very wild immagination. Perhaps you are the one with the psychiatric problem, not me!
You are one for he books ...
You insinuated a lot of crude things
about me..Don't play games..You
Know what you posted..Why attack
a stranger,just for fun.Why insinuate
I'm a Ho...You have problems.What did
I initiate with you? Nothing.You just
joined the club like a dumb bully!
Richie

Los Angeles, CA

#226817 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You insinuated a lot of crude things
about me..Don't play games..You
Know what you posted..Why attack
a stranger,just for fun.Why insinuate
I'm a Ho...You have problems.What did
I initiate with you? Nothing.You just
joined the club like a dumb bully!
I do know what I posted, and it wasn't anything what you mentioned you are a flat out liar. You think what you want, you don't even remember. There are many other here who say a whole lot to you so I can't blame you for thinking it was me lol. so kiss my grits honey
IceCobb

Azusa, CA

#226818 Dec 25, 2013
IceCobb has to pick all the numbers #226817
Cali Girl 13

Los Angeles, CA

#226819 Dec 25, 2013
Kathy Katnip wrote:
I got a itch for a bitch.
I thought your mother had passed on years ago, Frankie?
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226820 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought your mother had passed on years ago, Frankie?
Never posted this
kaitlyn

Los Angeles, CA

#226821 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>&&"?& "c67!
I don't understand "tard-speak". What are you trying to say?
IceCobb

Azusa, CA

#226822 Dec 25, 2013
Never, never land #226821
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226823 Dec 25, 2013
kaitlyn wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand "tard-speak". What are you trying to say?
No one is addressing you MYOB then!
IceCobb

Azusa, CA

#226824 Dec 25, 2013
IceCobb needs no numbers #226823
2 posts removed

Los Angeles, CA

#226827 Dec 25, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never posted this
Liar.
Cali Girl 13

Idyllwild, CA

#226828 Dec 25, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
You are the one posting nasty stuff
in my name probably.Check the
locations dummy!
1 post removed

Long Beach, CA

#226830 Dec 26, 2013
The 10 Most Important Legal Changes to LGBT Rights in 2013

Same-sex marriage is now legal in 16 states. The first male professional athlete in major sports came out last May. The Supreme Court rejected part of the Defense of Marriage Act, clearing the way for same-sex marriages to resume in California—and all this happened against a backdrop of more than half of Americans saying they would support a law legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states.

That's not to say that these milestones mark the end of anti-gay discrimination—29 states have yet to legalize same-sex marriage—but the changes have been a long time coming.

Here, we look back at the top 10 moments that made this the "gayest year in gay history."

1. State by State, Equality Grows
States took the lead on marriage equality rights this year. Maryland started handing out marriage licenses in January, when the state's same-sex marriage law went into effect. Rhode Island, Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Illinois also legalized gay marriage in 2013.

2. June Weddings
In June the Supreme Court struck down a key provision of DOMA, paving the path to resume gay marriages in California. The nation’s highest court said it couldn’t rule on the constitutionality of Proposition 8 because California officials failed to defend the law after it was overturned in an appeals court.

3. Retirement With Dignity
When the Supreme Court justices took on DOMA, they also granted the president the power to recognize same-sex unions for federal benefits. Until then, Social Security, pension, and other federal provisions didn’t apply to legally married same-sex couples.

4. Death and Taxes
The U.S. Treasury Department ruled that married gay couples would be treated the same as married straight couples for tax purposes—even if the state they lived in didn't recognize their marriage.

5. Destined for Love

A June Pew Research Center poll found that more than 70 percent of Americans saw legal recognition of same-sex marriage as "inevitable," despite their feelings on the matter.

6. Baby Steps Away From Hate
Colorado’s Democrat-heavy legislature legalized civil unions in March, following years of vitriol and debate over the issue. Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed the bill into law that same month, bringing a change to what was once known as “the hate state.”

7. Civil Disobedience for Love
Marriage is still defined as a union between a man and a woman in North Carolina, but a state official accepted 12 marriage applications from same-sex couples anyway in hopes of sparking a challenge to the wedding ban.

8. The Leader of the Free World Approves of Equal Rights
President Obama became the first sitting president to announce his support of same-sex marriage.

"At a certain point I've just concluded that for me, personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," he told "ABC News."

9. America's Top Military Brass Approves Too
Nine states have used their gay-marriage bans as a reason to refuse military IDs and federal benefits to same-sex spouses of military members since September. That month Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel let out a stream of rare invective, deeming the states' actions a violation of federal law.

The Pentagon leader called on them to resolve the issue, asking National Guard Bureau Gen. Frank Grass to meet with the administrators from the noncompliant states: Texas, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and West Virginia.

10. And American Legislators Approve, Except for the House...
The U.S. Senate approved the Employee Non-Discrimination Act in November, prohibiting workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. The House of Representatives has yet to pass ENDA, and some advocacy groups have called on President Obama to issue an executive order to end such workplace discrimination.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#226831 Dec 26, 2013
guest wrote:
The 10 Most Important Legal Changes to LGBT Rights in 2013
Same-sex marriage is now legal in 16 states. The first male professional athlete in major sports...
1. State by State, Equality Grows
States took the lead on marriage equality rights this year. Maryland started handing out marriage licenses in January, when the state's same-sex marriage law went into effect. Rhode Island, Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, Hawaii, and Illinois also legalized gay marriage in 2013.
2. June Weddings
In June the Supreme Court struck down a key provision of DOMA, paving the path to resume gay marriages in California. The nation’s highest court said it couldn’t rule on the constitutionality of Proposition 8 because California officials failed to defend the law after it was overturned in an appeals court.
3. Retirement With Dignity
When the Supreme Court justices took on DOMA, they also granted the president the power to recognize same-sex unions for federal benefits. Until then, Social Security, pension, and other federal provisions didn’t apply to legally married same-sex couples.
4. Death and Taxes
The U.S. Treasury Department ruled that married gay couples would be treated the same as married straight couples for tax purposes—even if the state they lived in didn't recognize their marriage.
5. Destined for Love
A June Pew Research Center poll found that more than 70 percent of Americans saw legal recognition of same-sex marriage as "inevitable," despite their feelings on the matter.
6. Baby Steps Away From Hate
Colorado’s Democrat-heavy legislature legalized civil unions in March, following years of vitriol and debate over the issue. Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed the bill into law that same month, bringing a change to what was once known as “the hate state.”
7. Civil Disobedience for Love
Marriage is still defined as a union between a man and a woman in North Carolina, but a state official accepted 12 marriage applications from same-sex couples anyway in hopes of sparking a challenge to the wedding ban.
8. The Leader of the Free World Approves of Equal Rights
President Obama became the first sitting president to announce his support of same-sex marriage.
"At a certain point I've just concluded that for me, personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married," he told "ABC News."
9. America's Top Military Brass Approves Too
Nine states have used their gay-marriage bans as a reason to refuse military IDs and federal benefits to same-sex spouses of military members since September. That month Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel let out a stream of rare invective, deeming the states' actions a violation of federal law.
The Pentagon leader called on them to resolve the issue, asking National Guard Bureau Gen. Frank Grass to meet with the administrators from the noncompliant states: Texas, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
10. And American Legislators Approve, Except for the House...
The U.S. Senate approved the Employee Non-Discrimination Act in November, prohibiting workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. The House of Representatives has yet to pass ENDA, and some advocacy groups have called on President Obama to issue an executive order to end such workplace discrimination.
And yet, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage...
IceCobb

Azusa, CA

#226832 Dec 26, 2013
What a week o far, IceCobb #226831
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#226833 Dec 26, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one posting nasty stuff
in my name probably.Check the
locations dummy!
Sup Hobag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min PolakPotrafi 1,205,930
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min freebird 320,004
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 309,213
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 9 min tea party man 234
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 11 min NAZTY Ukraine 390
News Obama: White House to expand 'take child to wor... 11 min Dr Wu 2
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 12 min Mr_SKY 6,264
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min republiCONS 175,588
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 227
News Official resigns after insulting Obama, Holder,... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 115
More from around the web