Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: May 12

Woodland Hills, CA

#200858 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in a higher power is not pathetic, ridiculing those who do is.
He wasn't necessarily ridiculing those who believe. He was ridiculing those who thank their higher power for ridiculous things.

Why would god care what team wins the Super Bowl? and why thank god for killing people in a natural disaster just because you yourself survived? Why thank god for finding your car keys when there are children CHILDREN who starve to death everyday?

And why thank god for surviving a life threatening illness after receiving medical treatment? If prayer worked people would go to church when they got sick, not the hospital.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200859 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Using an imaginary power to avoid responsibility or gratitude to actual people is pathetic, very pathetic.
Replace "Thank god" with "Thank the space aliens" for what others have done and you have the picture accurately
Your need to go out of your way to constanly bring up and ridicule religion speaks volumes. What happened?
3 posts removed
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#200863 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gay GOOD! You're gay BAD! I guess.
I knew you would finally admit it you homo!!... lol
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#200864 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I get it. I'm a troll and you are not.
Is that what you're trying to tell us bunky? Too funny.
Actually you are also gay and I'm not. lol
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200865 Jul 8, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are also gay and I'm not. lol
We're real proud of you fruitloops! Real proud.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200866 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that we disagree, a lot, but I have a lot of respect for you, in spite of my words.....
I have no respect for Big D. He lies. He is obsessed with religion. And he's an egomaniac.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200867 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't necessarily ridiculing those who believe. He was ridiculing those who thank their higher power for ridiculous things.
Why would god care what team wins the Super Bowl? and why thank god for killing people in a natural disaster just because you yourself survived? Why thank god for finding your car keys when there are children CHILDREN who starve to death everyday?
And why thank god for surviving a life threatening illness after receiving medical treatment? If prayer worked people would go to church when they got sick, not the hospital.
I agree and disagree. If you read his posts, he constantly will bash a person that believes and judge them. I too think it's silly for people thanking God for saving them while others died or what team the man upstairs is betting on. I believe God set everything in motion but also believes He does help some that are crying out for Him. I do believe in miracles.
1 post removed

Woodland Hills, CA

#200869 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and disagree. If you read his posts, he constantly will bash a person that believes and judge them. I too think it's silly for people thanking God for saving them while others died or what team the man upstairs is betting on. I believe God set everything in motion but also believes He does help some that are crying out for Him. I do believe in miracles.
Sigh... obviously we're not going to see Big D's comments from the same point of view. I see it from his side. If you look more closely into these "miracles" you'll realize that prayer had nothing to do with them.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200870 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
Well, off to S. Carolina, for my weekly joy jaunt. Later, kids, play nice...
Love the BBQ there. Used to eat at a place called Carolina BBQ in Aiken. And across the river at Sconyers in Augusta. Good stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200871 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your need to go out of your way to constanly bring up and ridicule religion speaks volumes. What happened?
Don’t bother lying, I didn’t bring it up, I was responding to others that bring it up and you don’t ridicule them ( because you perceive them as on your side )
They stop bringing it up, I will stop commenting on it
Otherwise, I don’t give a crap what you say
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200872 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>wow... 73% of americans are insecure and stupid.... what a shame
73% and dropping rapidly ( and I think that number is very inflated )

The fastest rising category, is no religion at all
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200873 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and disagree. If you read his posts, he constantly will bash a person that believes and judge them. I too think it's silly for people thanking God for saving them while others died or what team the man upstairs is betting on. I believe God set everything in motion but also believes He does help some that are crying out for Him. I do believe in miracles.
So you blame some God for every death in a disaster, I disagree.

I don’t, I think people are responsible for their actions. Both good and bad, I thank Dr's for the recovery of someone, I blame people for deaths in a non-natural disaster.

I don’t wimp out on responsibility or gratitude and substitute space aliens or some God or other.

I was saved from a condition that kills just about everyone I have heard of with the same condition. But it wasn’t space aliens that saved me, nor any of the billions of Gods and Goddesses that man has believed in over history.

It was a team of Dr's working on a new procedure for such conditions. They have my thanks, and my wife and children’s as well, no imagined deities involved.
2 posts removed
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200876 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>luckily the younger generation is seeing all the stupidness of their chriSTAIN parents and moving on
I made sure my children and grandchildren were not afflicted with that disease.

It is nothing but a cop out, a way to avoid responsibility or gratitude to others.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200877 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh... obviously we're not going to see Big D's comments from the same point of view. I see it from his side. If you look more closely into these "miracles" you'll realize that prayer had nothing to do with them.
Most of the time "Thank God" means just plain thanks felt for avoiding pain and tragedy.

When people thank God for something a person has done for them I look at it as thanking God for that person's bravery and compassion. I would take no offense if someone thanked God for something I have done. I am agnostic myself.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200878 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t bother lying, I didn’t bring it up, I was responding to others that bring it up and you don’t ridicule them ( because you perceive them as on your side )
They stop bringing it up, I will stop commenting on it
Otherwise, I don’t give a crap what you say
Ah yes. The Big D "Liar!" straw man. Knew it was coming.

Woodland Hills, CA

#200879 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I made sure my children and grandchildren were not afflicted with that disease.
It is nothing but a cop out, a way to avoid responsibility or gratitude to others.
Your children are like me then. I'm a 2nd generation Atheist, raising a 3rd generation atheist.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200880 Jul 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you blame some God for every death in a disaster, I disagree.
I don’t, I think people are responsible for their actions....
Those two 16 year old girls killed in the plane crash at SFO yesterday were responsible for what actions?
1 post removed
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200882 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. The Big D "Liar!" straw man. Knew it was coming.
You are the one that said I brought it up, dont lie and I wont call you on it
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200883 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are like me then. I'm a 2nd generation Atheist, raising a 3rd generation atheist.
Very good, I don’t think I could call my parents atheists, but they were certainly opposed to fundamentalists ( nut jobs )

It is interesting that my brothers and sisters are the same as myself. We don’t need an easy made up pat answer for everything, We don’t need "God did it" as an excuse.

I am comfortable that there are things we may not know, may not ever know, I don’t need to make up a fairy tale answer for those either.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#200884 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two 16 year old girls killed in the plane crash at SFO yesterday were responsible for what actions?
Well I don’t think your fairy tale "God" specifically murdered them if that is what you are suggesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 2 min Trumping On 79
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 2 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,002
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 4 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 182
News The Republican Party is dead 4 min Nephew of Sotomayor 2,241
News Progressive group slams Clinton's VP pick 5 min Cordwainer Trout 14
News Obama To Sign Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Thur... (Jan '09) 11 min Nephew of Sotomayor 24
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 13 min Cordwainer Trout 56
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min Agents of Corruption 391,073
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Incognito4Ever 1,403,334
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 1 hr BabyDoll 130
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 3 hr Mothra 153
More from around the web