Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167504 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making my point well it seems. Arguing semantics is silly and tedious and serves no purpose except narcissistic supply. Everything I've said about Clinton's impeachment since Mona Lott started in on me is correct except I said "the House found him guilty" and brought it to the Senate. I should have said "the House found evidence of guilt" and brought it to the Senate.
I admitted that mistake much to your and certainly Mona's narcissistic delight. Now admit yours, the impeachment on Dec 19, 1998 was not a failure. If it had been, it wouldn't have been brought to the Senate where he was acquitted and thus not removed from office. The acquittal does not negate the impeachment. Bill Clinton was impeached.
No you lost your point long long ago, an impeachment goes through both houses of congress, and the impeachment of Clinton failed on Feb 12 1999 when he was acquitted.

This isnít an opinion, this is a fact

The impeachment failed, which is why he was not removed from office, If the impeachment had been successful he would have been removed from office.

Having the house vote for an impeachment is no big deal, you donít need any evidence whatsoever, all you need is a vote. They did, it failed in the senate, and the impeachment dropped dead right there, and Clinton continued in office.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#167505 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and acquitted on Feb 12 1999
Impeachment was a failure
and that part that you like to pretend didnt happen, was the end of the story
The impeachment of Clinton was NOT a "failure". He WAS impeached ! If you deny that, then you're denying reality.

And that impeachment led him to ADMIT he committed perjury before teh grand jure, a FEDERAL CRIME, and he lost his license to practice law as a result. How many POTUSes do you know who were disbarred ???
1 post removed
GingrichGONGED

Azusa, CA

#167507 Nov 9, 2012
Old Newt Gingrich just couldn't learn to set downa and shut up, nor could anyother of the old fools who spoke for the party of IDIOTS as it became known as.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167508 Nov 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When small to medium businesses are just staying afloat due to the economy, and are now required to pay for medical coverage for their employees, they will not be able to stay open. There goes more unemployment. If they don't put coverage on their employees, they will be fined for each person employed. To must to bare. Then you have big businesses, they might employ some 600 to 1000 employees and have insurance coverage right now. It will be cheaper on them to drop their coverage for their employees, pay the fines to the government, and make their employees go on Obama care, which will not be near the coverage they currently have. Not to mention, doctors and medical treatment will be dictated by the government to what will be acceptable. Just a small example obama care.
No business is required to pay for medical coverage for their employees. Where do you get these silly ideas? Let me guess.... Glenn Beck or Rush Windbag?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167509 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you lost your point long long ago, an impeachment goes through both houses of congress, and the impeachment of Clinton failed on Feb 12 1999 when he was acquitted.
This isnít an opinion, this is a fact
The impeachment failed, which is why he was not removed from office, If the impeachment had been successful he would have been removed from office.
Having the house vote for an impeachment is no big deal, you donít need any evidence whatsoever, all you need is a vote. They did, it failed in the senate, and the impeachment dropped dead right there, and Clinton continued in office.
No dear. I hate to agree with FaFoxy, but he is correct. The House votes on articles of impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House. Impeached does not mean removed from office. It means to bring formal charges.
GingrichGONGED

Azusa, CA

#167510 Nov 9, 2012
Who wants to listen to or follow a bunch of Dinos anyway? They rode there own self serving stupity into the ground and the Republican tea party with them.

Old Newt Gingrich just couldn't learn to set downa and shut up, nor could anyother of the old fools who spoke for the party of IDIOTS as it became known as.
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167511 Nov 9, 2012
Zen Master Uno wrote:
<quoted text>How many minutes in a day does a gay man have anal sex?.........
too hard, easier to answer how many minutes is he not. 6 minutes.
It sounds as if you speak from experience, ZM. Are you pitching or catching?
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167512 Nov 9, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with anything you said here aside from the vouchers. People given the choice will migrate towards better schools, with that migration that schools will be better funded and hire more and better teachers expanding their programs. Other schools will then have to compete or fail. When they fail, just like anything else, that void will be filled. Another school which is profiting from it's successful model, will expand into that void providing better education to those people as well.
The free market does work.
But I still think critical thinking is the key, we need to start teaching it again, and stop teaching regurgitation just to pass a test and make the school look good.
The problem with vouchers is that they'll not mean a thing for many who can't afford the balance of the price for that private school. That means the children of the poor get stuck with worse than they've already got.

Your last sentence is spot on.
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167513 Nov 9, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>

The answer lies in finding something to do with the bad students who are ruining it for everyone else. They divert so much time and
Every time one of 'em screws up, give 'im two good thwacks to the plums with a police baton, then grab his dad and brothers & give each of them one good thwack to the plums. When ill behaved son limps home his brothers and pop will undoubtedly seek revenge. He'll either straighten up and fly right or experience self induced sterility. No civil rights violation there!

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#167514 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No business is required to pay for medical coverage for their employees. Where do you get these silly ideas? Let me guess.... Glenn Beck or Rush Windbag?
Under OBAMACARE they ARE required to do so if they have more than 15 employees.

So if a 16-year old entrepeneur as a lawn-maintenence business and has more than 15 high school kids working for gim, then under OBAMACARE HE must pay their health insuranc. THAT is the Marxist law now !

And John Roberts stupidly ruled that OBAMACARE is perfectly Stalinist and ok. What a dope !
ROCKheads

Azusa, CA

#167515 Nov 9, 2012
LDS or Utah land of Loonies or ROCKheads have finally come out of the closet.

A (disturbed) Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.

The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp.

They were announced in a short statement made public November 08, 2012 Thursday, two days after President Obama won re-election.

This is the mental limit level that lives in Utah
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167516 Nov 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When small to medium businesses are just staying afloat due to the economy, and are now required to pay for medical coverage for their employees, they will not be able to stay open. There goes more unemployment. If they don't put coverage on their employees, they will be fined for each person employed. To must to bare. Then you have big businesses, they might employ some 600 to 1000 employees and have insurance coverage right now. It will be cheaper on them to drop their coverage for their employees, pay the fines to the government, and make their employees go on Obama care, which will not be near the coverage they currently have. Not to mention, doctors and medical treatment will be dictated by the government to what will be acceptable. Just a small example obama care.
Oddly enough I've been paying my employee's health insurance in full since a little after I opened in 1993. I'm doing fine and suffered minimally with the economic meltdown.
InkedIn

Azusa, CA

#167517 Nov 9, 2012
A Minnesota man is in jail because of a Facebook picture of what police call a threatening tattoo.
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167518 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Still have not looked up the word acquitted yet?
perhaps you should look up every word from now on.
You are only making a fool of yourself.
If he had been successfully impeached he would have been removed from office, the impeachment was a failure, he was acquitted. Yes he was impeached ( accused ) by the house and the impeachment was a failure as he was acquitted. Everyone so far in this forum comprehends that, except you.
I already know you donít know what most of the word in the previous sentence mean, you donít have to explain that you donít understand, we know that you donít.
Read the articles of impeachment levied against Clinton. It is clear that the House of Representatives indicated that he was guilty, by VOTE, of two out of the four articles of impeachment. IOW, the House found no merit on two and found merit on two. Subsequently, the articles of impeachment were presented to the Senate, which exonerated him of both charges. IOW the House found him guilty (read the text) and the Senate found him innocent. Both of these bodies' findings were by vote. What can be equated to a grand jury hearing took place prior to the House vote in the drafting of the original articles of impeachment.
CheapGongers

Azusa, CA

#167519 Nov 9, 2012
It's always nice to bring out the cheap gongs and use them on idiot posters.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167520 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear. I hate to agree with FaFoxy, but he is correct. The House votes on articles of impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House. Impeached does not mean removed from office. It means to bring formal charges.
Mona formal charges were made ( which you can do without any evidence at all ) and the accused was acquitted, and so the trial ( or impeachment ) failed.

Im not commenting on guilt or innocence or how partisan the whole thing was from both sides, I am just trying to explain to those that do not know the process that an impeachment has to go through BOTH houses and pass to be successful.

That did not happen
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167521 Nov 9, 2012
I am curious about something.
In 2004 Bush declared his victory over Kerry was a mandate.
Popular vote of 62,040,610 (50.74%) w/286 electoral votes to a popular vote of 59,028,444 (48.27%) w/251 electoral votes

The MSM agreed and ran with the notion.

With Obama v Romney the tallies were:
Popular vote 61,212,366 (50.5%) w/332 electoral votes to a popular vote of 58,197,914 (48.0%) 206 electoral votes.

Those are almost identical results? Where is the cry of mandate? Not that I think either election was by any means though.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167522 Nov 9, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the articles of impeachment levied against Clinton. It is clear that the House of Representatives indicated that he was guilty, by VOTE, of two out of the four articles of impeachment. IOW, the House found no merit on two and found merit on two. Subsequently, the articles of impeachment were presented to the Senate, which exonerated him of both charges. IOW the House found him guilty (read the text) and the Senate found him innocent. Both of these bodies' findings were by vote. What can be equated to a grand jury hearing took place prior to the House vote in the drafting of the original articles of impeachment.
In an impeachment the house acts as the prosecutor, and the senate as the judge and jury, just because a prosecutor accuses someone does not make it a success.

If it has been a success, he would have been removed form office.

He was not
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167523 Nov 9, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Under OBAMACARE they ARE required to do so if they have more than 15 employees.
So if a 16-year old entrepeneur as a lawn-maintenence business and has more than 15 high school kids working for gim, then under OBAMACARE HE must pay their health insuranc. THAT is the Marxist law now !
And John Roberts stupidly ruled that OBAMACARE is perfectly Stalinist and ok. What a dope !
Or he can limit each one to 35 hours/week and call 'em part time like MalWart (your source for cheap plastic crap) does.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#167524 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In an impeachment the house acts as the prosecutor, and the senate as the judge and jury, just because a prosecutor accuses someone does not make it a success.
If it has been a success, he would have been removed form office.
He was not
"Success" has nothimg to do with an impeachment. He WAS impeached. That is a FACT of history. The fact that EVERY SENATE DEMOCRAT voted "not guilty", shows you that they wouldn't have found him guilty of anything, even if he executed someone on teh steps of The White House on tv.

But he WAS impeached.

Also, since an impechment is similar to an indictment by a grand jury, IF a citizen is indicted by a grand jury, and then found not gulty at trial, that does NOT negate the fact that the person WAS indicted, and if he were ever asked under oather: "Have you ever been indicted for ANY crime ?" To be truthful and avoid a possible perjury charge, that person would have to anser "YES".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Katrina Rox 283,138
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Injudgement 163,082
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 7 min To Old For That 1,522
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Patriot AKA Bozo 48,508
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,143,557
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Blitzking 127,508
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 13 min Uncle Bob 2,723
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min tha Professor 1,012
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 15 min Cat74 841
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 45 min TaylorHayes 127

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE