Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,115)

Showing posts 142,281 - 142,300 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
David Miller

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

If there was a reason, i'm sure i would have thought of it?
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Aldous Huxley wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,hey numb nuts NO,according to the State of California AND THE LAWFUL,TRUTHFUL FACTS you'd be WRONG,Rose and over 18,000 other gay Californians are officially recognized as LEGALLY MARRIED couples! And no matter how much twists and lie's you try to spin,that is the whole truth and nothing but the truth! YOU are simply WRONG Ya Jamoke!
Your wasting your time...it's not about Reason, it's not about Love, it's not about the U.S. Constitution, it's about Religion...

He will NEVER see how the world has changed...He believes he will live forever (in heaven)...

Maybe he thinks he'll win "converts" here, otherwise, why would he choose this forum....

I mean, even I waste my time "preaching" about Constitutional rights....but he's a "religionist"
First...and an American Citizen.... maybe Fifth.....
Who knows.....
David Miller

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Never needed the stuff.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching him on TV last night...Well, he thinks he's improved his "product" by taking Paul Ryan along campaigning...Willard is not a good speaker, and Ryan seems not "connect" with him.
Ryan is also running for re-election to Congress, so running two campaigns sends the wrong message.
SpongeBob.

Even were your politicized partisan claim to have merit, wouldn't a Romney/Ryan presidency be better than a continuance of African rule? Us White kids have been unable to find work ever since the Africans took over, despite our contracting a lifetime of bonded indebtedness to get a Government "education".

Ronald

Ronald
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
According to YOUR opinion......and nothing more!!!
weren't you diagnosed as needing the Ludovico technique, muffin top, so that you'd watch an MD teaching the human body and its fabulous reproductive system?
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

and Vaughn Walker admitted in writing he "moved the strike zone" in this case, just like we all told you
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know that the Earth itself is well over 4 billion years old, not 6,000. Humans have been areound for a lot more than a mere 6,000 years.
<quoted text>
No, the Bible says days, "And the evening and the morning were the first day." Eons do not have an evening and a morning...
But then, myths should NEVER be taken TOO seriously. First off, you end up believing in silly delusions, and secondly, you end up totally missing the point of the myth.
<quoted text>
Sheer, total, and utter bull feces. There is no "evidence" claiming that light has slowed down.
your hair looks fabulous in that photo, Liam. Do you use Dr Bronner's Magic Soap?
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a really prejudiced statement. So you've had a lot of communication with gays and they always ask questions....
I was taught to question EVERYTHING, especially anyone who acts authoritative,(like religious people)...then you don't get to push me around. So if as you say, gays ask questions, I think it's a good thing. And yes, I do believe you are a homophobe, at which point you will have to believe I'm gay...because I don't respond "correctly" to your BullS#!T...????
See why the ACLU is so important? What are you doing on this thread?...I'm here to defend the Constitutional rights of gays...What's your agenda?
Is that enough questions for you?
You are a perfect example of what I am talking about. You can NOT comprehend what I wrote. I will leave it at that, you figure it out! The communication is with the gays in this thread. I did not say anything about "asking questions" now reread what I said. My agenda it to protect the Constitutial rights of heteros and to not misinterprate the Constitution.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to study U.S.history someday...
The Constitution was written to give the federal government real power that was not available under the original Articles of Confederation. Some people feared that this power went too far, prompting the writing of the Bill of Rights. While it took a later amendment to spell it out in unambiguous terms, there is nothing in the Constitution that hints that States can actually deny American citizens their rights.
What right are you refering to ? if it's the right to marry, you have that right, it is clearly spelled out for all citizens what the hell more do you want ?
OhMy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
SpongeBob.
Even were your politicized partisan claim to have merit, wouldn't a Romney/Ryan presidency be better than a continuance of African rule? Us White kids have been unable to find work ever since the Africans took over, despite our contracting a lifetime of bonded indebtedness to get a Government "education".
Ronald
Ronald
Drudge headline "Obama gots my vote he gave me a free phone"
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno,
When people ask you questions, they want to better understand your reasoning and perspective.
If you can't answer these questions, perhaps you've reached a conclusion without fully exploring the issue and perhaps you have no back-up to that conclusion.
Listen you Troll, you are another moron that can't comprehend. If you didots would take the time to read you wouldn't be making the fools of yourselves like you are. This is a perfect example .
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

OhMy wrote:
<quoted text>Drudge headline "Obama gots my vote he gave me a free phone"
why even try to work?
David Miller

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Just stand back, let the tea party mess it up.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

OhMy wrote:
<quoted text>Drudge headline "Obama gots my vote he gave me a free phone"
OhMy.

That is typical of the mindset of taxpayer supported Africans. It is scarey to think their votes count as much as the non-African "Hispanics", the Asians, and the White people the Government is taxing to support them.

Ronald
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you Troll, you are another moron that can't comprehend. If you didots would take the time to read you wouldn't be making the fools of yourselves like you are. This is a perfect example .
Hello, American Institute of Irony?

I think we found your poster child....
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of what I am talking about. You can NOT comprehend what I wrote. I will leave it at that, you figure it out! The communication is with the gays in this thread. I did not say anything about "asking questions" etc...
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays typically respond to a question with a question.....etc..etc...

Now, Now, Mr. Tata, Is this what you mean by "not mentioning the word "question"?
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
....So maybe people can't "comprehend" you for another reason other than our being "morons."

"Yes, there ARE times when something is legitimately NOT our fault. Blaming others, however, keeps us in a stuck state... and is ultimately rough on our own self-esteem."
-Eric Allenbaugh
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays typically respond to a question with a question.....etc..etc...
Now, Now, Mr. Tata, Is this what you mean by "not mentioning the word "question"?
I told you he's a big boob.

He can't even remember his own posts.

Jeesh!
2 posts removed
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
You have a gay union. It will never be a marriage.
in your own humble opinion - which doesn't amount to a hill of beans, legally speaking.
what matters are the laws.
and based on the progress of the court cases of both the Prop 8 and DOMA cases, the laws will change - soon.
once that happens, you'll just have to sit and stew about it - or not. that's entirely up to you.
as for many of us, we'll be able to marry the people we love without legal stumbling blocks - and your opinion won't hold water.
2 posts removed
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
in your own humble opinion - which doesn't amount to a hill of beans, legally speaking.
what matters are the laws.
and based on the progress of the court cases of both the Prop 8 and DOMA cases, the laws will change - soon.
once that happens, you'll just have to sit and stew about it - or not. that's entirely up to you.
as for many of us, we'll be able to marry the people we love without legal stumbling blocks - and your opinion won't hold water.
heartandmind.

Well, that's easy for YOU to say. What about we dog lovers? Why should we be denied our RIGHT to marry the honey of our choosing? Are we dog lovers to forever be denied the RIGHTS bestowed on us by the Republicans' 14th Amendment to the Constitution?

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 142,281 - 142,300 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••