Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154452 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Your fixation on these penis suits has got me curious.
Gotta link?
<quoted text>
You are such a drama queen....
Wanna know what is REALLY telling about Prof Dipshit's views? There are WAY more women dressed as vaginas in the pride parades than men in penis suits. I think seeing a man in a penis suit sends him into fits of homosexual panic... very typical of closet queens.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154453 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
I've edited out the balance of your post because your last line in the middle of it is sufficient evidence to support my point about the homosexual lifestyle
You've edited out the balance of my post, because you're a dumb tw*t. Is it my fault logic is your enemy, as well as gravity? The "homosexual lifestyle" is such a flimsy premise, that you know your hobbit behind is too fat to jump off from it.
Prof Marvel wrote:
People who call religion "a joke," are disbelievers
If you don't think that a "thought" process that involves people believing that things like tigers, cows, and crocs all coexisted and got along, eating veggies as they sang campfire songs, until a snake sweet-talked a naked, white woman in the jungle into eating an apple isn't a joke...I question your intelligence as well as your sense of humor.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism are a-okay with homosexuality."
Dude, that's ridiculous and you know it.
That's desperation.
No. Those are facts. You know, those things you steer clear fromů. Like vaginas?
Prof Marvel wrote:
That's turning your back on everything you were raised to believe
Why'd you say that? Are the words "empirical" and "evidence" curse words in The Shire? What were you raised to believe, exactly? That Sharpie Highlighters are like vitamins for the scalp? You're just mad that Sisqo won't reconcile with you.
Prof Marvel wrote:
Honestly, Dude, is getting corn holed that incredibly pleasurable
I wouldn't know, Tumbleweed Head. Considering you have been blowing drag queens for a while, you probably have done enough research in that specialty to have come to a solid conclusion. You do have a doctorate for it, after all. Please. Enlighten the class.
Prof Marvel wrote:
your Judeo-Christian heritage and become a dot head Hindu in order to keep getting some?
A black, gay man that's homophobic and racist. Well, aren't you just a jacka** of all trades.
1 post removed
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154455 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal. There is no gender equality right; the ERA failed. We've already won this, back in the '70s. Where just waiting for the left to catch up.
<quoted text>Tell that to your friend, I copied her.
<quoted text>Because marriage is defined as one man and one woman; gender differences are real. Only a woman can be a wife and only a man can be a husband. Only a woman can be a mother and only a man can be a father. Law recognizes the facts of life.
OOOOOO..... somebody has a black&white world view. How sad to not see any color in the world. But you fit the profile: low IQ = right-wing fundie.
1 post removed

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#154457 Aug 12, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>That might be a good explanation if I only quoted a raw quantity of overturned decisions, but that is not what I stated. I stated a percentage of cases being overturned. beibg that I am only considering percentages, the quantity of cases is totally immaterial. Whether it is is 7 of 9 cases or 76 out of 100 cases, over 75% is a very high overturn rate on appealed cases. The Supreme Court has also not yet stated that it would not hear the California case.
You do realize that's a good thing right? If the Supreme Court rules in favor of marriage equality it's not just legal in California but the entire USA. Just like Loving v Virginia all over again.
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#154458 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOOOO..... somebody has a black&white world view. How sad to not see any color in the world. But you fit the profile: low IQ = right-wing fundie.
Sounds like you've been adding semen to your coffee again. Have you ever TRIED the straight lifestyle, numbskull?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154459 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we actually have a disagreement here, Rose.
Directly above, you give us reasons why homosexuality and religion cannot coexist.
Good post.
Quit trying to put words into my mouth.
Religion and homosexuality DO coexist.

http://mccchurch.org/resources/mcc-theologies...

Santa Monica, CA

#154460 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal. There is no gender equality right; the ERA failed. We've already won this, back in the '70s. Where just waiting for the left to catch up.
The ERA would have been redundant, the 14th Amendment already gives citizens equal protection.
And the fact you feel denying people equal rights is a "win" says a lot about you.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Because marriage is defined as one man and one woman; gender differences are real. Only a woman can be a wife and only a man can be a husband. Only a woman can be a mother and only a man can be a father. Law recognizes the facts of life.
That is circular BS. Give us an actual difference between men and women, and tell us why that difference is important enough to deny men and women equal rights.

Santa Monica, CA

#154461 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna know what is REALLY telling about Prof Dipshit's views? There are WAY more women dressed as vaginas in the pride parades than men in penis suits. I think seeing a man in a penis suit sends him into fits of homosexual panic... very typical of closet queens.
:)

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154462 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Your fixation on these penis suits has got me curious.
Gotta link?
<quoted text>
You are such a drama queen....
Sure:
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Atlanta, GA

#154463 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You've edited out the balance of my post, because you're a dumb tw*t. Is it my fault logic is your enemy, as well as gravity? The "homosexual lifestyle" is such a flimsy premise, that you know your hobbit behind is too fat to jump off from it.

I wouldn't know, Tumbleweed Head.
Dude, if you don't know why are you pretending to know?

You're promoting a lifestyle a Christian would have to become a Hindu to follow yet you don't know why anyone would do this.

What kind of sense does that make, fella?

Atlanta, GA

#154464 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit trying to put words into my mouth.
Religion and homosexuality DO coexist.
http://mccchurch.org/resources/mcc-theologies...
I heard about a hit man who'd say a pray before going out on a job.

Is that what kind of coexisting you mean?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#154465 Aug 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
You either obey law and act morally or you don't. We are nuanced enough to want homosexuals treated like everyone else, not pandered to as a mascot victim group.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154466 Aug 12, 2012
Dirty bags are still posting here.

Santa Monica, CA

#154467 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
LOL.
The issue is serious, but those suits are funny.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154468 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal.
This is section 2:
2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.htm...

Where does it mention the specific differences of what you stated?

Santa Monica, CA

#154469 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard about a hit man who'd say a pray before going out on a job.
Is that what kind of coexisting you mean?
Well, if you were to claim religion and murder don't coexist, you'd be wrong.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#154470 Aug 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
This is section 2:
2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.htm...
Where does it mention the specific differences of what you stated?
Where it mentions rights for males and not females, just as it lists rights for those over twenty-one years of age and citizens, not those under twenty-one years of age and non-citizens.

Our Constitution recognizes male and female as unequal, there is no right to gender equality just as there is no right to child equality or non-citizen equality. Read the words, the law is written in black and white.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#154471 Aug 12, 2012
BTW, the Vice President, Joe Biden, voted to enact DOMA into law when he was in the Senate. He helped make the Defense of Marriage act into law and he's running with Obama in November. I hope you can remember that.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154472 Aug 12, 2012
Still laying down that slope your passing off as english 101 are ya!

Noo more racosts pukes like you anymore!
1 post removed

Atlanta, GA

#154474 Aug 12, 2012
Let's hear from you straight Christians who think homosexuality and traditional Christianity can coexist.

I'm especially interested in how you fellows reconcile Leviticus and Sodom & Gomorrah with the homosexual lifestyle.

The fact is, the closet thing I know of to Sodom are gay bath houses.

But prove me wrong. Tell me why Saturday Night at the local gay bath house has nothing in common with how gays used to get their kicks at Sodom and Gomorrah.

School me, brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Chilli J 120,862
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min woodtick57 269,718
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Obama Zombies 158,759
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Pearl Jam 306,224
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 6 min Sam 25
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,125,387
Ebola fears spark backlash against Latino immig... 9 min TeaBagging for Am... 114
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 33 min Here Is One 505
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 1 hr barefoot2626 172

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE