Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#64413 Apr 29, 2011
Sorry about the double post, it will stick because of the edits.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#64414 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say Trump made President Obama release his birth certificate? No, someone else made that comment......go look at Brian_G's post!!!
Did President Obama lie? or it that just what you believe he did?
I've already served my Country and President Reagan was my Commander in Chief!!!
And I do vote.......every year.........and I don't vote just because someone wears a nice suit!!!
President Obama is NOT REQUIRED to show ANY personal documents to the American people except what is required to prove his Citizenship........so, why do you keep expecting him to open up his private life?
I guess it was perfectly okay for George Bush to sell phoney stocks to save his business when he was in the oil business, right?
I know more than you think......and am probably more educated than you are.....both from life and from school:-)
Maybe the "proof" of citizenship was questionable and someone is insisting on more than just citizineship documents. If it requires digging deeper into his personal life so be it. If he has nothing to hide he chould comply, after all he is our public servant. If we the people have to submitt to a full background checks why shouldn't he?? His job is more crutial. We don't want anymore George Bush's leading this country further in to debt and danger. I had to fully disclose my life to get a secret clearance when I worked for a military defence manufacturer, no big deal. Just comply. And I too did my time in hell.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#64415 Apr 29, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
At least Obama will take the position of being the worst president away from Carter
<quoted text>
Oh DisHonest unAbeL, there you go again making stuff up.

Please provide a link to the poll that places Carter as being the worst president of the United States. Thanks so much.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#64416 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
and it took obama 3 years to finnal answer the questions of his citizenship. Personal documents may not be required, but it has become customary, especially if you are interested in transparency and obama professes.
It didn't take him 3 years. You crack pots just refused to believe it the first time around. BTW, it's not customary, I have yet to see GW's BC. I wonder if you guys would make the same demands if Bobby Jindal would run for president.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#64417 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>do you ever get tired of hating on people that have a different view from your race rants and Liberalism?
Do you get tired of people pointing out your bigotry and lack of logic?
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#64418 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
You won't shut me up out of sympathy for sbj, or anything else. The left are bullies who can't defend their cause; they can only insult and cry, "shut up".
'
What is "SBJ"?

Location hidden

#64419 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....okay...why don't you flee this country get away from them, they are stoning people for being gay. Oh sorry that was muslims. wow are u a stupid person. Islamic Terrorists have carried out more then 17,000 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11, How many have radical Christians done?
I see. You ask me a question, don't like the answer, so you then imply that terrorist activities are more reprehensible based on a sliding scale of quantity.

That's some system of morality you got going there.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's liberal nuts like you that are the killers, like in SF, they want to jail those that mutilate their kids private part and yet want to kill babies before they are born.
Uh huh, whatever you say pumpkin.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#64420 Apr 29, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
Juries get to vote on the rights of others
<quoted text>
No they don't. Juries vote on whether or not a person has committed a crime.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#64421 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I don't drink or do drugs, it's pot heads like you that have no clue in life.
Marijuana might actually help you...
Huh

Clearlake, CA

#64422 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are an idiot, aren't you?
Sorry, the last bumper sticker I had on my vehicle said, "DON'T STEAL......THE GOVERNMENT HATES COMPETITION"!!!
Now that there is funny. I don't care who ya are.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#64424 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Stick to gay issues, your good at it.
We try to, but you keep trying to hijack the string. What's the deal Riccardo, they kick you out of the anti-Obama strings?
Huh

Clearlake, CA

#64425 Apr 29, 2011
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh DisHonest unAbeL, there you go again making stuff up.
Please provide a link to the poll that places Carter as being the worst president of the United States. Thanks so much.
The 1980 presidential election..........dummy.

Location hidden

#64426 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
You won't shut me up
Why would we try? Waiting to see what stupidly put together string of consciousness rant you are going to come up with next is too ridiculously funny to try and shut you up.
Brian_G wrote:
The left are bullies who can't defend their cause;
On the contrary Brian, we've defended it extremely well. It is you and the other anti-gay bigots that can't defend YOUR cause. We're not the ones pretending that tradition is justification for discrimination. That would be all you asshat.
Brian_G wrote:
they can only insult and cry, "shut up".
Another lie from the king of all liars.

Location hidden

#64427 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>God's biggest mistake was creating the sewer that you came from.
Another christian exemplifying his lord and savior.

Location hidden

#64428 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals because it leads to polarization and division politics.
We already have polarization and division politics about many subjects. None of them submit gays to harm specific to them. Your statement is ridiculous.
Brian_G wrote:
We are all under the same threat from Islamic fascists, it's just that under Sharia law, gays and lesbians are executed and raped without legal recourse.
The United States isn't under Sharia law idiot. A lot of women in burkas in your neck of the woods Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
There is plenty of common ground,
Brian, you seem to be under the impression that equality is a negotiation. It isn't. It's a right, and a guarantee of our government. You straight people aren't in a position to negotiate our equality. Your mythical "common ground" only has relevence to you and other bigots.
Brian_G wrote:
just not same sex marriage.
No, not same sex marriage, just MARRIAGE. Period. My marriage is not a same sex marriage, it is just a marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
Why don't we accept civil unions for same sex couples, and move on?
Because gays aren't looking to "accept" something from you Brian. And gays aren't interested in an inferior and unequal institution for their unions Brian. Why don't you fundies accept marriage for same sex couples, and move on?

Location hidden

#64429 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Birdbrains think Rebuplicans believe, "I see so the poor should pay the same tax rate as Bill Gates," as if the poor can afford to pay tax. I'm for progressive taxation of income, but not punitive taxation, on anyone.
"Under current tax laws when looking at the deductions, write offs and what not [Bill Gates] pays less of a percentage than middle class people." Less a percentage of what? Investments and savings are taxed at a different rate from income from labor, the tax code is designed to control people, not primarily collect optimal revenue. I agree with JBird, the rich help write the tax code, and that's not always a bad thing.
Time for a Tea Party.
Watching you and Riccardo discussing politics is like watching Bert and Ernie discussing quantum physics.

Location hidden

#64430 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Wake up, same sex marriage is harmful to homosexuals, it causes uncivil behavior.
The behavior of others is not an acceptable reason for discrimination. If it were, evangelical churches would be outlawed.

Location hidden

#64431 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Extremists are never happy.
Yes, we know. We watched them execute Prop 8.

Location hidden

#64432 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
and they can within the boundries of the law
Yeah, the good white people of Little Rock said the same thing in 1957.

Location hidden

#64433 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
and it took obama 3 years to finnal answer the questions of his citizenship.
No dear, it took Obama three years to assuage idiots who wished to pretend that questions existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min huntcoyotes 265,032
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 10 min R12 Freon 1,998
News Under Trump, ICE arrests soar for migrants with... 11 min huntcoyotes 145
News US Sen. Elizabeth Warren launches book tour 12 min anonymous 97
News Nation-Now 47 mins ago 7:57 p.m.First protected... 19 min huntcoyotes 18
News Comments 20 min anonymous 1
News Top StoryTrump tells young immigrants in US ill... 21 min huntcoyotes 41
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,520,792
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 4 hr davy 197
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 9 hr Lawrence Wolf 232
More from around the web