Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Ambrose

United States

#64393 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I find most people that spend time here boasting and bragging like you, belong in a pissing contest. I bet i can piss farther they you! Stick to gay issues, your good at it.
spell check required.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#64394 Apr 29, 2011
Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals because it leads to polarization and division politics. We are all under the same threat from Islamic fascists, it's just that under Sharia law, gays and lesbians are executed and raped without legal recourse.

There is plenty of common ground, just not same sex marriage. Why don't we accept civil unions for same sex couples, and move on?

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#64395 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
There is plenty of common ground, just not same sex marriage. Why don't we accept civil unions for same sex couples, and move on?
Why don't you shove Civil Unions up your azz!!

If they are GOOD ENOUGH for Gays and Lesbians........then they should be GOOD ENOUGH for heterosexuals, right?

You are just like a parrot.......give ya a cracker and you will repeat what others have posted!!!

The only COMMON GROUND IS MARRIAGE EQUALITY!!!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64396 Apr 29, 2011
RiccardoFire wrote:
and create as many jobs as he does and give to the needy as he does. Im sure that will work good. His less percentage he pays is more then u will make in your worthless life.
Birdbrains think Rebuplicans believe, "I see so the poor should pay the same tax rate as Bill Gates," as if the poor can afford to pay tax. I'm for progressive taxation of income, but not punitive taxation, on anyone.

"Under current tax laws when looking at the deductions, write offs and what not [Bill Gates] pays less of a percentage than middle class people." Less a percentage of what? Investments and savings are taxed at a different rate from income from labor, the tax code is designed to control people, not primarily collect optimal revenue. I agree with JBird, the rich help write the tax code, and that's not always a bad thing.

Time for a Tea Party.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64397 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
If they are GOOD ENOUGH for Gays and Lesbians........then they should be GOOD ENOUGH for heterosexuals, right? You are just like a parrot.......give ya a cracker and you will repeat what others have posted!!! The only COMMON GROUND IS MARRIAGE EQUALITY!!!
Extremists are never happy. Brad and Angie are heterosexuals, they have a civil union, that's common ground.

Wake up, same sex marriage is harmful to homosexuals, it causes uncivil behavior. RnL2008 is my proof.

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#64398 Apr 29, 2011
Publican wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays want a right that you currently enjoy, and would not have any effect on you whatsoever. YOU support a law that institutionalizes government and societal interference in other people's lives. You truly think you're not forcing your beliefs on someone else?
and they can within the boundries of the law, same as I do.

“T-Warrior”

#64399 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are GOOD ENOUGH for Gays and Lesbians........then they should be GOOD ENOUGH for heterosexuals, right?
You are just like a parrot.......give ya a cracker and you will repeat what others have posted!!!
The only COMMON GROUND IS MARRIAGE EQUALITY!!!
so it is your way or no way, even the president don't believe in that premice, if it is that way then send marriage back to the church, and they can decide.

“T-Warrior”

#64400 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say Trump made President Obama release his birth certificate? No, someone else made that comment......go look at Brian_G's post!!!
Did President Obama lie? or it that just what you believe he did?
I've already served my Country and President Reagan was my Commander in Chief!!!
And I do vote.......every year.........and I don't vote just because someone wears a nice suit!!!
President Obama is NOT REQUIRED to show ANY personal documents to the American people except what is required to prove his Citizenship........so, why do you keep expecting him to open up his private life?
I guess it was perfectly okay for George Bush to sell phoney stocks to save his business when he was in the oil business, right?
I know more than you think......and am probably more educated than you are.....both from life and from school:-)
and it took obama 3 years to finnal answer the questions of his citizenship. Personal documents may not be required, but it has become customary, especially if you are interested in transparency and obama professes.

jbird56

“Just want to be”

Since: May 10

your lovin teddy bear

#64401 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
and they can within the boundries of the law, same as I do.
The trouble is Gays don't share the same opportunities that heterosexual people do. When states attempt to pass laws that are discriminatory in nature, it becomes a violation of the Constitution. If you become extremely ill, your wife has the authority to have your life support shut off. Dose a Gay person also have that? Your wife has the right to visit you in the intensive care unit, ya know spouse and immediate family only. Does a Gay person in a committed relation ship have that right? Tell me does a Gay couple share the same income tax filing status as you do, ya know married filing jointly and reap the same write offs as you do? Do Gay couples live within the same boundaries as you, I think not.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64402 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
and it took obama 3 years to finnal answer the questions of his citizenship. Personal documents may not be required, but it has become customary, especially if you are interested in transparency and obama professes.
The Left doesn't even want ID to vote, they want to destroy democracy by voter fraud. They are the villains, homosexuals are the victims and homophobes are the scapegoat.

An employer has a right to ask for the transcripts of an employee, especially if he's purported to be such an intellect. I'll bet his GOP and Democrat opponents will publish their birth certificates and college transcripts, they did last time.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Oct 09

Clarksville TN

#64403 Apr 29, 2011
Publican wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to see a shrink. I think you have a split personality.
I feel sorry for the shrink.
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#64404 Apr 29, 2011
Venus_Rearmed wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see Bruno uses trampy ho talk!
Yes I do !!!! When I want a trampy HO to respond, I use trampy HO talk !! Only the Trampy Ho's like you respond

Clarksville TN

#64405 Apr 29, 2011
Brian_G wrote:
It would feed delusion and cost taxpayer money, it would cause multi-generational problems.
How can you back up your delusions?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64406 Apr 29, 2011
jbird56 wrote:
The trouble is Gays don't share the same opportunities that heterosexual people do.
They sure don't, they reproduce just like heterosexuals, or they are barren. The blind don't share the same opportunities as the sighted. I didn't choose to make anyone gay or straight, the trouble is with the individual, not the laws of marriage.
jbird56 wrote:
When states attempt to pass laws that are discriminatory in nature, it becomes a violation of the Constitution.
Whoa there, sport; when the state has a right to outlaw or sanction behavior. There is no constitutional right that makes everyone the same. Equality has its limits.
jbird56 wrote:
If you become extremely ill, your wife has the authority to have your life support shut off.
Not my wife! I have a living will. You should, if you care about those things. Don't depend on your spouse without thorough assurance, unless you are some kind of idiot.
jbird56 wrote:
Dose a Gay person also have that?
That's your argument, you want gay spouses to decide if your life support should be shut off? Doesn't a spouse have primary inheritance rights for an intestate mate? Same sex marriage is as bad as you can get, without a will or documentation of your consent for medical treatment.
jbird56 wrote:
Your wife has the right to visit you in the intensive care unit, ya know spouse and immediate family only. Does a Gay person in a committed relation ship have that right?
Usually the treating physicians decide who can visit during treatment. There aren't any "visitation rights", unless it can be medically permitted.
jbird56 wrote:
Tell me does a Gay couple share the same income tax filing status as you do, ya know married filing jointly and reap the same write offs as you do? Do Gay couples live within the same boundaries as you, I think not.
Most gay couples I know have two significant incomes, they do very well. They shouldn't get "married filed jointly" status since they don't have to save in the event of children. I agree we should reform the tax code, not redefine marriage.

Clarksville TN

#64407 Apr 29, 2011
Honest AbeL wrote:
I am not a supporter of either side. My opinion is that it is now incumbent upon the republicans to get Obama to approve as many stupid things as possible so a republican can beat him in the next election. They don't give a tinker's damn about you or I.
<quoted text>
I'll have to agree with you there. Darn, that hurts...LOL.

You do realize though that the Repubs won't do that, right?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#64408 Apr 29, 2011
Publican wrote:
<quoted text>
We really need a question mark icon for the "judgments".
Or a dunce cap.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64409 Apr 29, 2011
jbird56 wrote:
The trouble is Gays don't share the same opportunities that heterosexual people do.
They sure don't, they reproduce just like heterosexuals, or they are barren. The blind don't share the same opportunities as the sighted. I didn't choose to make anyone gay or straight, the trouble is with the individual, not the laws of marriage.
jbird56 wrote:
When states attempt to pass laws that are discriminatory in nature, it becomes a violation of the Constitution.
Whoa there, sport; when the state has a right to outlaw or sanction behavior. There is no constitutional right that makes everyone the same. Equality has its limits.
jbird56 wrote:
If you become extremely ill, your wife has the authority to have your life support shut off.
Not my wife! I have a living will. You should, if you care about those things. Don't depend on your spouse without thorough assurance, unless you are some kind of idiot.
jbird56 wrote:
Dose a Gay person also have that?
That's your argument, you want gay spouses to decide if your life support should be shut off? Doesn't a spouse have primary inheritance rights for an intestate mate? Same sex marriage is as bad as you can get, without a will or documentation of your consent for medical treatment.
jbird56 wrote:
Your wife has the right to visit you in the intensive care unit, ya know spouse and immediate family only. Does a Gay person in a committed relation ship have that right?
Usually the treating physicians decide who and when someone can visit during treatment. There aren't any "visitation rights", unless it can be medically permitted. You should talk to your partner, get something in writing that refers to their living will.
jbird56 wrote:
Tell me does a Gay couple share the same income tax filing status as you do, ya know married filing jointly and reap the same write offs as you do? Do Gay couples live within the same boundaries as you, I think not.
Most gay couples I know have two significant incomes, they do very well. They shouldn't get "married filed jointly" status since they don't have to save for the event of children. I agree we should reform the tax code, not redefine marriage.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#64410 Apr 29, 2011
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
No homosexuals hate me because I believe differently than they are trying to dictate, and that I support traditional marriage in this country.
No dear, your disliked because your a bigot.

1) No one is asking you to believe differently. Blacks being extended full equality didn't require racist bigots to change their beliefs. The KKK is still alive an well and their beliefs haven't been affected in any manner. No gay in here has asked you to change your beliefs, we just won't accept 2nd class treatment because of them.

2) Why would gays hate you for supporting traditional marriage? We gays support it too.

Get off the cross hon, someone can use the wood.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#64411 Apr 29, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I have 2 nics......and Opiate Of The Masses IS NOT one of them.......however the person you have insulted has already served his Country during Vietnam.......and the only one with a mental disorder is YOU!!!
Most of us that have served, don't use it as a pissing contest, seems like you do.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#64412 Apr 29, 2011
Legal_American wrote:
How can you back up your delusions?
By learning to count, if you spend more than your income, you go into debt. 1 - 2 =-1
Stop out of control government spending with a Tea Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,536,276
News Obama given rock star welcome in Berlin 6 min spocko 102
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min bad bob 2,783
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min Duffy 6,144
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min bad bob 270,617
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 17 min Russian Amb Grope... 8,615
News Democratic congressman has heart valve replacem... 22 min Julia 69
News The Latest: Democrats launch ads on Montana bod... 31 min kuda 102
News James Comey fired as FBI director 36 min Russian Amb Grope... 2,879
More from around the web