US Forces Move Closer to Syria as Opt...

US Forces Move Closer to Syria as Options Weighed

There are 142 comments on the ABC News story from Aug 24, 2013, titled US Forces Move Closer to Syria as Options Weighed. In it, ABC News reports that:

U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Barack Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

history on parade

United States

#41 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
France helped America gain independence.
We helped her in two WW's since.
We helped the Brits. We would just as soon have thrown France under the bus.

Reality bites.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#42 Aug 25, 2013
history on parade wrote:
<quoted text>
We helped the Brits. We would just as soon have thrown France under the bus.
Reality bites.
1930s France was run by the same type of pussycrats that are in charge of America right now.

Since: Apr 13

Podolsk, Russia

#43 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You see an American flag flying over Baghdad, jackass? Learn what imperialism means.
America has liberated millions of Germans, Japanese, philipinos, Koreans, French, Vietnamese, Iraqi, Serbians,... you get the point. Our soldiers don't rape women like the soviets. It's why the UN is in Manhattan and not Moscow.
Putin rigged the elections and jailed his opponents.
Oh man! Do you really beieve in that rubbish or just trolling me?))

Well, I`ll spend some of my precious time to get you educated.

Since: Apr 13

Podolsk, Russia

#44 Aug 25, 2013
U.S. War Crimes: Cancer Rate in Fallujah Worse than Hiroshima

The Iraqi city of Fallujah continues to suffer the ghastly consequences of a US military onslaught in late 2004.

the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, a leading medical journal, published a study,‘Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio“Cancer, in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009,” the people of Fallujah are experiencing higher rates of cancer, leukemia, infant mortality, and sexual mutations than those recorded among survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the years after those Japanese cities were incinerated by US atomic bomb strikes

“The consequences are ongoing: a survey showed a four-fold increase in all cancers, a 12-fold increase in childhood cancer in under-14s and a 38-fold increase in leukemia. By contrast, Hiroshima survivors showed a 17-fold increase with regard to the latter. What’s more, because of this cancer crisis, local doctors are advising women not to have children.

Since: Apr 13

Podolsk, Russia

#45 Aug 25, 2013
US troops launched a major attack on Fallujah in March 2004 and then joined with British forces to storm the city in a much bigger offensive, Operation Phantom Fury, in November of the same year.

On November 30, 2004, the UN’s Integrated Regional Information Network reported the aftermath: Approximately 70 percent of the houses and shops were destroyed in the city and those still standing are riddled with bullets.

In January 2005, an Iraqi doctor, Ali Fadhil, reported of the city: It was completely devastated, destruction everywhere. It looked like a city of ghosts.

Falluja used to be a modern city; now there was nothing. We spent the day going through the rubble that had been the centre of the city; I didn’t see a single building that was functioning.

On March 3, 2005, Aljazeera reported:
Dr. Khalid ash-Shaykhli, an official at Iraq’s health ministry, said that the U.S. military used internationally banned weapons during its deadly offensive in the city of Fallujah, such as mustard gas, nerve gas, and other burning chemicals.

American documentary film-maker, Mark Manning, told of “American forces deploying – in violation of international treaties – napalm, chemical weapons, phosphorous bombs, and ‘bunker-busting’ shells laced with depleted uranium. Use of any of these against civilians is a violation of international law.”
1 post removed
mxlplx

Vergennes, VT

#47 Aug 25, 2013
He's just jealous that Bush couldn't have jailed Obama. LOL
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#48 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You see an American flag flying over Baghdad, jackass? Learn what imperialism means.
America has liberated millions of Germans, Japanese, philipinos, Koreans, French, Vietnamese, Iraqi, Serbians,... you get the point. Our soldiers don't rape women like the soviets. It's why the UN is in Manhattan and not Moscow.
Putin rigged the elections and jailed his opponents.
=======

Simply that is a bunch of fakes and falsehood as no one needs US as US did things as destructive instead , especially including nowadays when US is not powerful and trying to be further destructive .
Russians won the WWII while US joined in late. US had no need to drop atomic bombs to Japan and Japan was on its way out in the late period and while Soviets were coming. Japan has been a freedom nation which had and needed no liberation.

Who needs US liberation as forced invasion of Iraq is wrongful, as that is destructive and has made the unrest today there constantly due to US wrongdoing ? US committed torture in Iraq and war crime.

US lost Vietnam and Korean wars, with losing 59,000 and 48,000 soldiers respectively.

Serbia is its won country among Balkans and still today they are among diversity cultures in Europe.
Germany removed Berlin Wall, for a bigger population with bigger production and wanted to win more medal in Olympics with combined population.

US has taken itself in its won view by ruining itself and damaging the world more it its acts,instead.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#49 Aug 25, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
=======
Simply that is a bunch of fakes and falsehood as no one needs US as US did things as destructive instead , especially including nowadays when US is not powerful and trying to be further destructive .
Russians won the WWII while US joined in late. US had no need to drop atomic bombs to Japan and Japan was on its way out in the late period and while Soviets were coming. Japan has been a freedom nation which had and needed no liberation.
Who needs US liberation as forced invasion of Iraq is wrongful, as that is destructive and has made the unrest today there constantly due to US wrongdoing ? US committed torture in Iraq and war crime.
US lost Vietnam and Korean wars, with losing 59,000 and 48,000 soldiers respectively.
Serbia is its won country among Balkans and still today they are among diversity cultures in Europe.
Germany removed Berlin Wall, for a bigger population with bigger production and wanted to win more medal in Olympics with combined population.
US has taken itself in its won view by ruining itself and damaging the world more it its acts,instead.
I see your glass is half full like a hateful liberal.

The Russians lose WW2 if the US doesn't help them. They lost 20+million peasants in the process.

Nukes made the japs surrender. Everyone knows this... the japs admit it.

We had 20 to 1 kill ratios in vietnam and korea, in the air and on the ground. You call those lost? [email protected] The S Korean people won. The N Korean and Vietnamese people lost, like the Russians who live in the dark today.

Since: Apr 13

Podolsk, Russia

#50 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your glass is half full like a hateful liberal.
The Russians lose WW2 if the US doesn't help them. They lost 20+million peasants in the process.
Nukes made the japs surrender. Everyone knows this... the japs admit it.
We had 20 to 1 kill ratios in vietnam and korea, in the air and on the ground. You call those lost? [email protected] The S Korean people won. The N Korean and Vietnamese people lost, like the Russians who live in the dark today.
American aid was only 4% of what USSR had during the war.
Certainly USSR would win without it.

In Vietman USA clearly lost, just ike in Iraq and will lose in Afganistan.

It was a draw in Korea.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#51 Aug 25, 2013
Russian Ubermensch wrote:
<quoted text>
American aid was only 4% of what USSR had during the war.
Certainly USSR would win without it.
In Vietman USA clearly lost, just ike in Iraq and will lose in Afganistan.
It was a draw in Korea.
We drove to Baghdad in a week. The victory was complete and historic. 2 American divisions, 1 Army and 1 USMC went through the Russian-armed Iraqi army like a hot knife through butter.

4,000 dead in exchange for the liberation of 10 million is hardly a defeat.

Afghanistan shows Bush was right and barock was wrong. Going heavy in Afganistan was a mistake. We should have stayed with spec forces coupled with Northern Alliance. Iraq should have been occupied like Japan and Germany after WW2. The UN should have helped.

Korea was not a draw. S Korea when contrasted with the blacked-out commie slave state to the North stands as a testament to America's defense of freedom and liberty globally! Opa Gangnam STYLE!

Since: Apr 13

Podolsk, Russia

#52 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
We drove to Baghdad in a week. The victory was complete and historic. 2 American divisions, 1 Army and 1 USMC went through the Russian-armed Iraqi army like a hot knife through butter.
4,000 dead in exchange for the liberation of 10 million is hardly a defeat.
Afghanistan shows Bush was right and barock was wrong. Going heavy in Afganistan was a mistake. We should have stayed with spec forces coupled with Northern Alliance. Iraq should have been occupied like Japan and Germany after WW2. The UN should have helped.
Korea was not a draw. S Korea when contrasted with the blacked-out commie slave state to the North stands as a testament to America's defense of freedom and liberty globally! Opa Gangnam STYLE!
Soviet army took Kabul in the very first day of invasion, while it took 3 weeks for USA to take Bagdad. Yet, you say USSR lost the war in Afganistan.
You liberated nobody. You invaded Iraq to grab it`s oil. But now shiits are taking over in Iraq. Shiits are pro Iran. Iran is the real victor, not USA.

US troops made offencive too Northern Korea. They had come nearly to Chineese border, yet, were defeated and retreated. Certainly it cannot be called a victory.

As for Japan, USA nuked peaceful Japaneese cities just to show USSR what USA can do. Japan surrendered not after nuclear srikes. It surrendered right after USSR declared war on Japan.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#53 Aug 25, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your glass is half full like a hateful liberal.
The Russians lose WW2 if the US doesn't help them. They lost 20+million peasants in the process.
Nukes made the japs surrender. Everyone knows this... the japs admit it.
We had 20 to 1 kill ratios in vietnam and korea, in the air and on the ground. You call those lost? [email protected] The S Korean people won. The N Korean and Vietnamese people lost, like the Russians who live in the dark today.
=========

You still don't get it the world people won the wars because they fought, while you try to pose that US won.

You still cannot understand since when there was need to use atomic bombs to make Japan surrender or to say that would save more lives.

AFTER FIGHTING FOR MORE THAN 7 YEARS, JAPAN WAS AT ITS LAST DROP OF SOLDIERS, WHILE CHINA BEGAN WINING AS THEIR MAO STOPPED INTERNAL FIGHTING. Yet WWII was about to close in as Russians had more ample forces to move in to deal with the remaining Japan to get it done with in ASIA--obviously it was the sake of Russia too as it is also located in Asia.
US did not win Vietnam and Korea, nor Serbia, particularly related to the Balkans, as they are still their countries.

Nordics and Baltics, Ukraine, unlike western Europe, have more keen interests toward Russia, rather than US, while Germany has a more antagonism attitude growing toward US these days, especially on anti US acts around the world beyond US snooping and hacking and US trade relation and policies.

There is Your China in the trade relation that will never be real but their tension will increase and uprise around the world too with US--that shows few want to be with US on this new-age planet .
TiberiusH

Calgary, Canada

#54 Aug 25, 2013
The utter Not Give-a-Fuckery thats going on in the minds of the average citizen is quite astounding. For goodness sake, will we ever learn from the past.? Why is the average man not taking the street in protest? This is offically about to turn into a clusterfuck that will have no eject button.
"Truth becomes Tyranny in an empire of Lies"
-Ron Paul.
mxlplx

United States

#55 Aug 25, 2013
Russian Ubermensch wrote:
American documentary film-maker, Mark Manning, told of “American forces deploying – in violation of international treaties – napalm, chemical weapons, phosphorous bombs, and ‘bunker-busting’ shells laced with depleted uranium. Use of any of these against civilians is a violation of international law.”
Yep, that's about the size of it.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tachikawa, Japan

#56 Aug 25, 2013
Then, let's begin Russia-Japan war, Russia-Germany war, Russia-British war, Russia-China war, Russia-Turkey war!

We are Americans!
The U.S. must take Monroe-Doctrine!
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Oliver Cromwell

Poulton, UK

#57 Aug 26, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
I wonder if the Syrians have shkvals. If they do, I'm sure the Israelis have been trying to take them out but apparently, they can also be launched from fixed (or mobile) undersea coastal platforms.
This is a serious weapon.
The solid-rocket propelled Shkval torpedo achieves a high velocity of 230 mph (386 kmh) by producing an envelope of supercavitating bubbles from its nose and skin, which coat the entire weapon surface in a thin layer of gas. This causes the metal skin of the weapon to avoid contact with the water, significantly reducing drag and friction.
At the MAKS 2005 exhibition in Zhukovsky, near Moscow, and the 2005 International Naval Defense Exhibition in St. Petersburg, NPO Region began marketing the Shkval -E for the coastal defense role. The system includes a surveillance radar teamed with an electro-optical surveillance system and different types of launchers. The Shkval is launched from surface platforms or underwater installations located at a depth of up to 330 ft (100 m). The weapon is fired from either a torpedo tube or a special container.
I hope those S300s were delivered,i believe the Syrians also have SSn22 Sunburn anti ship missiles,knowing the cowardly Nato gangsters they will probably sit 500 miles away and launch missiles,i see those Turkish bastards want to get in on the violence as well.don't know whether the Syrians have a ballistic missile force if they have I wouldn't think twice about hitting turkey Jordan and any other Country that attacks Syria.
NeoDeathCon1

Caerphilly, UK

#58 Aug 26, 2013
Decent people on this forum have been describing the correct scenario for 2 years now. How did we know? Because the neo-cons openly admitted their plan to destroy "unfriendly" countries years before ultimately culminating with Iran.
Their heinous plan is openly available. Destroy entire countries for geo-political and economic reasons and plant complaint puppet governments.
As with Iraq before we are fed highly dubious pretexts for war. But this time the world isn't fooled as easy. Only 7% of people in the UK support any armed intervention. As usual, however, the voices of the majority will be ignored. Cameron will be too scared to even take this to a vote in Parliament. Where is the much vaunted democracy in the UK that we are misinformed we are helping to establish in other countries?!?
It doesn't exist is the answer. Its simply a charade to pacify and control the population. Left wing and right wing simply artificially created devices to divide and control. The policies seldom if ever change. Obama or Bush, the American drive to destroy the same pre-published countries continues unabated.
May Russia, China and Iran protect the Syrian people. Even if this ends in WW3. We cant stand back and accept the war making lies of these lunatics any more.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59 Aug 26, 2013
Russian Ubermensch wrote:
<quoted text>
Soviet army took Kabul in the very first day of invasion, while it took 3 weeks for USA to take Bagdad. Yet, you say USSR lost the war in Afganistan.
You liberated nobody. You invaded Iraq to grab it`s oil. But now shiits are taking over in Iraq. Shiits are pro Iran. Iran is the real victor, not USA.
US troops made offencive too Northern Korea. They had come nearly to Chineese border, yet, were defeated and retreated. Certainly it cannot be called a victory.
As for Japan, USA nuked peaceful Japaneese cities just to show USSR what USA can do. Japan surrendered not after nuclear srikes. It surrendered right after USSR declared war on Japan.
We liberated millions, the commies enslaved millions.

The japs surrendered to the US because they didn't want the savage Russians in their country, but they admit the nukes were the difference.

The only ground we keep is to bury our brave soldiers that defend the innocent. My mother's uncle visits France and Belgium every few years. Some of the largest American cemeteries are in those countries.

Vlad is a dictator.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#60 Aug 26, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
=========
You still don't get it the world people won the wars because they fought, while you try to pose that US won.
You still cannot understand since when there was need to use atomic bombs to make Japan surrender or to say that would save more lives.
AFTER FIGHTING FOR MORE THAN 7 YEARS, JAPAN WAS AT ITS LAST DROP OF SOLDIERS, WHILE CHINA BEGAN WINING AS THEIR MAO STOPPED INTERNAL FIGHTING. Yet WWII was about to close in as Russians had more ample forces to move in to deal with the remaining Japan to get it done with in ASIA--obviously it was the sake of Russia too as it is also located in Asia.
US did not win Vietnam and Korea, nor Serbia, particularly related to the Balkans, as they are still their countries.
Nordics and Baltics, Ukraine, unlike western Europe, have more keen interests toward Russia, rather than US, while Germany has a more antagonism attitude growing toward US these days, especially on anti US acts around the world beyond US snooping and hacking and US trade relation and policies.
There is Your China in the trade relation that will never be real but their tension will increase and uprise around the world too with US--that shows few want to be with US on this new-age planet .
Sorry, I don't speak gibberish.
mission accomplished

United States

#61 Aug 26, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
We drove to Baghdad in a week. The victory was complete and historic.
Except that we left every weapons depot along the way checked for WMD then abandoned with open doors, supplying insurgents with enough explosives to continue blowing us up, not to mention the entire region, for ten years and counting.

Yeah, we should be real proud of those insightful logistics.

Dimwit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 195,226
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min stork 212,956
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Jay 222,571
News 'Indiana Needs a Partner in the White House': G... 6 min Cat74 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Agents of Corruption 380,956
News Bernie Sanders: Bill Clinton's Affair with Moni... 10 min Cat74 6
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min border 58,781
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 19 min Ronald 1,651
News N.C., Miss. 'religious freedom' measures hardly... 2 hr LarryV 631
News Is single-payer healthcare dead in the U.S., or... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 189
More from around the web