Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive says

Mar 14, 2012 Full story: CBC News 70

An executive resigning from Goldman Sachs, the powerful investment bank, said in a blistering essay that the company had lost its "moral fiber" and said managing directors there referred to clients as "muppets." Greg Smith, an executive director at Goldman, said the company needs to "weed out the morally bankrupt people" and suggested the erosion ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23 Aug 10, 2012
Paulson was a crook..this man knew that there would be an implosion and rather than let the feds audit his Golman buddies he 'bailed them out' along with a few others to make it look good without strings attached

The CONS are in the US and Ron Paul knows it

Location hidden

#24 Aug 20, 2012
swedenforever wrote:
Goldmann is finallt telling the truth
"deficits don't matter" Cheyney '02
Where's Ron Paul when you need him
Pittsburgh Steelers will win their 7th Superbowl this year!

Location hidden

#25 Aug 29, 2012
"I'm worried about the widening gap between the rich and the poor"-Paulson Goldman Exec Chicago branch

The 700 million dollar man

Location hidden

#26 Sep 6, 2012
"we had no choice"-Paulson

Location hidden

#27 Sep 10, 2012
"Seventeen Ron Paul delegates from Massachusetts have been disqualified from the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. The motion comes after the 17 members refused to sign an affidavit that would back Mitt Romney at the RNC. Never in the history of the party have delegates been required to sign the document, so why now?"

Location hidden

#28 Sep 22, 2012
"Pure nonsense. A marxist would answer you that it is precisely capitalism wich takes what others do... through the process of expropiation of surplus value. But, since you have no idea of what marxism is, you repeat the words of the friedmanite neoliberal cult. I am not a marxist, and neither a leftist. I am here just educating you, by telling you the correct definitions of things, not what I think."

I am a proud neo-marxist however
1 post removed

Location hidden

#30 Oct 14, 2012
swedenforever wrote:
How can a banking system be safe-when you're bailing them out? "..China was reluctant to take Paulson's advice.." Asian economists weren't that retarded to believe a Treasurer that forced banks to take taxpayer money-good move China
"The fundamentals of the economy are strong"-McCain '08-McCain was trying to defend his lieing party
at the same time Sept.'08 Fan/Fred went into a conservatorship-lol!!
Secretary Paulson wanted China to keep investing in US Bonds during a credit implosion?

and Gov. Romney says "lets get tough on China"-I think China should get tough on the Republican CON game

Location hidden

#31 Jul 24, 2013
China was glad to see the Paulson retire..

Location hidden

#32 Jul 24, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
"I'm worried about the widening gap between the rich and the poor"-Paulson Goldman Exec Chicago branch
That a progressive statement Hank?? your party doesnt care about this gap and think its ok for the middle class to suffer [BUT] you bailed out the mega-rich anyway!

Location hidden

#33 Jul 27, 2013
March 16th, 2008

"We've got strong financial institutions ... Our markets are the envy of the world. They're resilient, they're...innovative, they're flexible. I think we move very quickly to address situations in this country, and, as I said, our financial institutions are strong" Paulson

are you kidding?

Location hidden

#34 Jul 31, 2013
July 26, 2007 I don't think it [the subprime mess] poses any threat to the overall economy. Paulson

yea, right..from the biggest crook in this decade

Location hidden

#35 Aug 4, 2013
'lets get the first 250 billion out the door, and see what happens'-yea,right Treasury Secretary
1 post removed

Location hidden

#37 Aug 11, 2013
Youre proud neomarxist-Swedenforever

Location hidden

#38 Aug 12, 2013
Will the Flea Baggers/Southern Segregationists/NeoCONS a divided party loose 3 straight National Elections and 3 straight Senate Majorities..2016 could be the rise of the Libertarians-we'll fry those Ayn Rand lovers too!

We progressives havent won 4 straight since FDR/Truman

FDR/Truman liberals cant loose-neither can the amazing Barack Obama who smoked 2 GOP Rinos easily..winning Va,NC twice in a row-amazing!

Location hidden

#39 Aug 12, 2013
2020 is the dismantling of the Fleas,Neocons,Southern Trailer Trash
1 post removed

Location hidden

#41 Aug 24, 2013
Clinton/Castro 2020-Lets win Texas!

Location hidden

#42 Sep 2, 2013
"we had no choice" Paulson
1 post removed

Location hidden

#44 Sep 7, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
"..Deficits dont matter.." Cheyney '02
1 post removed

Location hidden

#46 Sep 19, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
He was thrown off the the cliff by the GOP

Location hidden

#47 Sep 19, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
so he bailed out reich

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min EAGLE EYE1 294,880
No charges: Houston officer shot unarmed black man 6 min tha Professor 58
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 7 min payme 1,672
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 8 min spocko 746
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Anton Ciguhr 1,156,284
A Sea of Blue Salutes Fallen Police Officer 10 min ruadumchit 13
Obama to seek GOP help in pushing through trade... 10 min tha Professor 31
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 45 min barefoot2626 129
More from around the web