U.S. Senator Cruz catapults to fame with marathon anti-Obamacare speech

Sep 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of625
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>For the idiot who judged me with peanuts and a blue bulb, the senate just passed the Reid amendment that strips the language on defunding Obamacare was passed and the second vote funding the government until Nov. 15th also passed. Now, it goes to the house with government funding until Nov. 15th and Obamacare funding.
Yes we knew he hated the constitution.
conservative crapola

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mommy be home soon commiecrat.
Yours won't. She's bored stiff.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
He voted to continue the debate. The vote to move the bill forward is going on right now. More votes to come in reference to procedures that would allow Reid to strip Obamacare defunding language out of the bill.
http://www.businessinsider.com/government-shu...
Oh, but you're the constitutional expert.
You tea-baggers are just gullible fools as Ted Cruz uses your stupidity to gain politically among you idiots. Ride the wave… it will come crashing into that wall very soon, LOL!
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You tea-baggers are just gullible fools as Ted Cruz uses your stupidity to gain politically among you idiots. Ride the wave… it will come crashing into that wall very soon, LOL!
Excellent post
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>but but but what about the tizzy lizzy in Texas that you libs and the liberal press touted as a great person and speaker for doing the same thing. You loons are hypocrites and have not credibility.
Ps. She is now talking about running for Texas politics, what a hoot.
Wendy Davis was trying to prevent a law from being passed.

AHCA is already law.

The horse has left the barn and teabaggers are still arguing over who should close the door.

Wendy Davis and Rand Paul actually "filibustered" the way it should be done.

Cruz did say Obamacare is flawed.

I agree with that.

What's the teabagger alternative?

For profit medical care.

Astronomical profit.

That's why teabaggers love the status quo.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're middle class, it's going to crash on you my friend.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are so stupid and gullible, it was easy for the canadian, rafael, to dupe them. He did what they expected, meaning, he called it in. If this was an example of his "A" game, he's not going to accomplish much in the future. Even his con cohorts saw through his lack of credibilty.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the Republicans came to power in the House because of Clinton's handling of the economy sucked. It was Newt that got the economy going. Sadly, for Obama, John Boehner lack's Newt's GENIUS and John cannot save Barack like Newt saved Bill.
Second, like the information you posted said------there was a BUDGET Surplus. That is not an ACTUAL Surplus. The fact IS that there were NO ACTUAL Surpluses under Clinton.
And let's be REALISTIC too----the Tech Boom of the 90's, led by Bill Gates, brought in TRILLIONS to the economy, which neither Party can claim to have caused.
NEWT didn't get crap going.

He was an obstructionist, just like teabaggers are now, except when it comes to defense contractors and corporations.

Then it's a free for all with our money.

Just like Reagan.

"There was a BUDGET Surplus. That is not an ACTUAL Surplus".

WTF?

Then what was it or wasn't?

Teabaggers get confused.(when are they not, SOP for teabaggers)

Just because you say it's a "fact", doesn't make it so.

Let me help you out.

If you have a mortgage or car payment and you didn't pay those off in the first year, you made all the payments and you still have money left over to take a vacation, you have a "budget" surplus.

But the "debt" is still there.

You have to make the payments next year don't you?

Unless you took your vacation money and put it towards your "debt"(Mortgage and car payment) you didn't reduce your "debt" at all.

Then when you give the surplus away like George did, the "debt" is STILL there.

That's why teabaggers SUCK at economics.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That 20% figure you mentioned, would that be the inflation rate or the prime interest rate (you called it Fed funds rate)? The Fed funds rate did go to 20%, but that was in 1979 and 1980 to curb the inflation rate. Nixon created an economic mess. The inflation rate went up to 9.6%. I recall an oil embargo about that time. That may of had something to do with it.
The unemployment rate did go up to about 10% in Reagan's first term before Reaganomics was put into place. Obama isn't the only president that inherited a mess. The unemployment steadily decreased to 5.4% when he left office.
The federal funds rate is the rate that banks have to have on reserve with their boss the federal reserve, which means they can't loan money to people or anyone else, not in "gold" credit rating.

Fractional reserve banker crap.

5.4%?

Finally, you can get fries in 16 different languages.

The worst president in the last 50 years.
1 post removed

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal funds rate is the rate that banks have to have on reserve with their boss the federal reserve, which means they can't loan money to people or anyone else, not in "gold" credit rating.
Fractional reserve banker crap.
5.4%?
Finally, you can get fries in 16 different languages.
The worst president in the last 50 years.
I see, fractional banking reserves. 20% may not be enough.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
NEWT didn't get crap going.
He was an obstructionist, just like teabaggers are now, except when it comes to defense contractors and corporations.
Then it's a free for all with our money.
Just like Reagan.
"There was a BUDGET Surplus. That is not an ACTUAL Surplus".
WTF?
Then what was it or wasn't?
Teabaggers get confused.(when are they not, SOP for teabaggers)
Just because you say it's a "fact", doesn't make it so.
Let me help you out.
If you have a mortgage or car payment and you didn't pay those off in the first year, you made all the payments and you still have money left over to take a vacation, you have a "budget" surplus.
But the "debt" is still there.
You have to make the payments next year don't you?
Unless you took your vacation money and put it towards your "debt"(Mortgage and car payment) you didn't reduce your "debt" at all.
Then when you give the surplus away like George did, the "debt" is STILL there.
That's why teabaggers SUCK at economics.
Nice try!!!

The Repubs came to power because Clinton didn't do squat. Newt led Bill by the nose and to Clinton's Credit, he SIGNED the Contract with America. Newt was a Economic Genius.

Of course, the MSM ran a smear campaign against NEWT and forced him out. In his place, Dennis Hastert became Speaker. Dennis was one of those guys who "Went Along To Get Along" types and that put an end to the Republican Revolution that help the economy boom.

Let me help you out-----there was no surplus in any of Clinton's 8 years as President. Every year the National Debt INCREASED. Not decreased. A Budget is Only a Estimate. Understand? An estimate of FUTURE revenues and expenses. It is an educated guess. Supposition.

Later, when the receivables and expenses are tallied, when the bean counters are done, it can then be calculated if more money came into the Treasury or left the Treasury. Under Clinton, in every year, he had a deficit. He did not hand Bush a surplus.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Another Texan in the W H. I dare the Democrats to raise a fuss, because Senator Cruz was born in Canada, after they set the precident for foreign born Presidents.
1 post removed
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The story was to his daughters.
Cruz wasting time reading Green Eggs is ok with you, folks? Imagine if a democrat would have wasted our time in such a silly way. Keep on the topic at hand, hound it to the cows come home, repeal it 41 times and see how it is working for them.

Read to his children at bedtime and don't abuse our time with his stunts, his donation chasing, his storytelling.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Another Texan in the W H. I dare the Democrats to raise a fuss, because Senator Cruz was born in Canada, after they set the precident for foreign born Presidents.
Ted Cruz will never be President...and where he was born has nothing to do with it...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

You don't know why Cruz read "Green Eggs, and ham"? It was for his children. Yes, every night at that time he reads a story to the girls, and so he told them at that time he would read a story. I think that's sweet. Beats taking your children to a gang fight like those Chicago Moms did last week. I hope he runs for President. He has old line Republicans, and Democrats scared shitless.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Cat74 wrote:
You don't know why Cruz read "Green Eggs, and ham"? It was for his children. Yes, every night at that time he reads a story to the girls, and so he told them at that time he would read a story. I think that's sweet. Beats taking your children to a gang fight like those Chicago Moms did last week. I hope he runs for President. He has old line Republicans, and Democrats scared shitless.
Then who, exactly, will be voting for him?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Who do you think? I go to the polls, and I can vote for a young new Conservative President, or a lying old hag that has never told the truth about anything, including the fact her husband was a womanizing old fool. In the end the Republicans will choose Cruz, and he will get some Democrat votes as well. They will be affected by Obamacare as much as anyone else. As it makes their lives more miserable they will choose to blame the Democrats. Who knows, Obamacare might be the best thing that ever happened to Republicans

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

What a waste.
Of course, that's in the teabagger DNA.
He's an embarrassment who wanted to call attention to himself.
He did.
What mattered, he said, was that he had "provided a voice" for millions of Americans against the "ruling class" in Washington.
Corporations?
That's who he was speaking for.
He's also playing to "a well-heeled group" of Tea Party financiers who helped get him elected senator of Texas, Buchanan said.
Exactly.
"He is standing shoulder to shoulder with the American people, and other senators will know that they should be as well," said Martin, the Tea Party Patriots president.
Corporations is more like it.
Martin's group helped organize a "defund Obamacare" rally outside the U.S. Capitol on September 10 that greeted Cruz, who was in attendance, with chants of "run, run, run."
Please, please, please nominate him.
Dumshit teabaggers.
Your last sentence would be more accurate if you changed the last word to Democrats.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Ted Cruz is a pompous jerk who is hated by his fellow republicans… he is just another tea-bagging fool who is using the tea-bagger’s hatred of and deep-seeded racist feelings towards anything Obama to gain political standing among the small insignificant numbers in the tea-Party.
But the best part was when everyone pointed out that he didn’t get the whole point of the children’s book “Green Eggs and Ham”. Ironically, once OBMACARE is implemented the people will love it because it saves millions bringing down cost and covering millions more with preventative treatment and free medication.
Cruz is a caring, intelligent man who is respected by those are decent and care for the American people.
I am tired of those like you using the worn out racist card, ranting like morons when you know you don’t believe that bunk about Obama’s race mattering to anyone. Who cares what color the incompetent man is? If he were lily white, he'd be just as incompetent, for he is not a capable leader. What we care about is the mess he has made of our country by his hatred of our traditions, our Constitution and just about everything American. He is the racist, as has been proven by his ignorant mouth; so if you want to play with the racist card, use it in reference to Obama.

If you really are so ignorant as to believe his health care hoax is going to be liked by anyone, you need to do extensive research. Start with the Mangione family in Louisville, KY, who were just informed their health insurance under the “Affordable Health Care” will go from $333 per month to nearly $1000 per month. The name should be changed to the “Unaffordable Health Care Act”, for it is not affordable. It will cause incredible hardship, just as Cruz stated.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Good point!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of625
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••