Senator Brown announces new resources for Logan County and Shelby County airports

Jun 30, 2013 Full story: Peak Of Ohio 18

U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown announced that the Cities of Bellefontaine and Sidney have been awarded federal resources through the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration .

Full Story
GBA-freedom

Saint Marys, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2013
I owe you an apology. The below post with your name on it is mine. When I went to post there was no name in the space. I clicked on it and it filled in and I thought it was mine. Sorry about that. This program keeps getting more screwy every day.

“The NRA sucks”

Since: Nov 11

No Tea for me

#2 Jul 7, 2013
GBA-freedom wrote:
I owe you an apology. The below post with your name on it is mine. When I went to post there was no name in the space. I clicked on it and it filled in and I thought it was mine. Sorry about that. This program keeps getting more screwy every day.
Yeah right. It programs what you put into it, nutlint. It doesn't randomly choose names,
animal control

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Jul 7, 2013
if it's brown...?...
flush-it down.....Baby!

no charge
1 post removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Jul 7, 2013

What the hell is he talking about in the OP? Is this a new level of insane?
Patriot Games

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Jul 7, 2013
magictrix wrote:
Yes it is.

“The NRA sucks”

Since: Nov 11

No Tea for me

#7 Jul 7, 2013
magictrix wrote:
I'm thinking he was using the handle "roboblogger" and forgot to change it and then tried to blame it on topix.
1 post removed
Jesus Christ

Sunbury, OH

#9 Jul 7, 2013
What a waste...we'd be better off giving the funds to 4h
GBA-freedom

Saint Marys, OH

#10 Jul 7, 2013
Jesus Christ wrote:
What a waste...we'd be better off giving the funds to 4h
The last funds that were gotten for the Airports, were used to revamp hanger space for corporate users. No benefit to general aviation.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 7, 2013
GBA-freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
The last funds that were gotten for the Airports, were used to revamp hanger space for corporate users. No benefit to general aviation.

Seriously, though....the OP, post # 1, what the hell were you talking about?

Are you OK?
Jesus Christ

Sunbury, OH

#12 Jul 7, 2013
magictrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, though....the OP, post # 1, what the hell were you talking about?
Are you OK?
I think he's still learning how to use the computer.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 7, 2013
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's still learning how to use the computer.

WTF? And somebody "agreed" with him and thought his post was "helpful" and "interesting"???

LOL!

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Very strange.

These guys (guy) are seriously in bad shape.
GBA-freedom

Saint Marys, OH

#14 Jul 8, 2013
Only a little donkey would muddle plain English to avoid the truth about Sen. Donkey using our money to aid more donkeys and not us. They also avoid the fact that Sen. Donkey is still a daily user of cocaine.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 8, 2013
GBA-freedom wrote:
Only a little donkey would muddle plain English to avoid the truth about Sen. Donkey using our money to aid more donkeys and not us. They also avoid the fact that Sen. Donkey is still a daily user of cocaine.
Muddle plain English? Hahaha. I think you do a pretty good job of that, yourself.

Can you explain post #1????
great news

Sidney, OH

#16 Jul 8, 2013
I know people who fly in and out of the Sidney airport for work. This just means more good paying specialized jobs will come to this area. Job creation.
transloader

Johnstown, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2013
Why do Libs pour good money into a bad cause? SINCE the Bellefontaine opened in 2002 it has not netted 1 SINGLE DOLLAR. yet Logan Co and Bellefontaine continues to fund it. ATTENTION MR STEVE BUCHENROTH IT WAS A TOY FOR YOU THAT YOU sucked up to the commissioners to get. When in fact they could of fixed up the old airport. but nooooooooooooo we have to go build a whole new airport out on Ohio 47. that makes sense when the county broke.We can't keep our Sheriff Deputy but we got a nice airport.
9-1-1 dispatch: Hello what's your emergency?
Lady: yes there's a guy breaking into my home.
dispatch: we've laid off all our officers however if you want to call Steve Buchenroth out the airport I'm sure he'll be out in 2-3 hours.
Lady:(phone hangs up)
grumpy

Mount Vernon, OH

#18 Aug 15, 2013
transloader wrote:
Why do Libs pour good money into a bad cause? SINCE the Bellefontaine opened in 2002 it has not netted 1 SINGLE DOLLAR. yet Logan Co and Bellefontaine continues to fund it. ATTENTION MR STEVE BUCHENROTH IT WAS A TOY FOR YOU THAT YOU sucked up to the commissioners to get. When in fact they could of fixed up the old airport. but nooooooooooooo we have to go build a whole new airport out on Ohio 47. that makes sense when the county broke.We can't keep our Sheriff Deputy but we got a nice airport.
9-1-1 dispatch: Hello what's your emergency?
Lady: yes there's a guy breaking into my home.
dispatch: we've laid off all our officers however if you want to call Steve Buchenroth out the airport I'm sure he'll be out in 2-3 hours.
Lady:(phone hangs up)
I hate to break the news to you Einstein, but they were all republicans that did the people on the airport. I agree we did not need it then nor now, but it was republicans from Bellefontaine, logan county and Steve is a Republican that got you your airport. the city council was and are republicans, the Logan County Commissioners were and are republicans and Steve was and is a republican, so how do you come to the conclusion that libs had anything to do with it Sherlock? Lets see, republicans concocted the scheme, republicans signed off on it and republicans seen it thru, but we'll blame the libs? LOL
transloader

Johnstown, OH

#19 Aug 15, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break the news to you Einstein, but they were all republicans that did the people on the airport. I agree we did not need it then nor now, but it was republicans from Bellefontaine, logan county and Steve is a Republican that got you your airport. the city council was and are republicans, the Logan County Commissioners were and are republicans and Steve was and is a republican, so how do you come to the conclusion that libs had anything to do with it Sherlock? Lets see, republicans concocted the scheme, republicans signed off on it and republicans seen it thru, but we'll blame the libs? LOL
that's fine and I'll accept when a Rep or GOP goofs up. I know wasteful spending happens in both parties. However 2 things ripped me about the new airport #1. When Steve pitched this proposal to the commissioners and town elected people. He made it sound like this would bring in boats and boats of jobs. I honestly don't think it's brought in 5 jobs.(so Lie #1)#2. Any that laid cement knows the cost to put in those runways. Now the old airport I'll admit the old airport could of used some "TLC". okay maybe update some hangers, update the equipment in the tower. but which is cheaper A WHOLE NEW AIRPORT or updating equipment? Updating equipment. to me this was one of the biggest waste in Logan county's history. He stated to the paper it would be cheaper to build a new airport than do updates or renovations to existing airport(Lie #2)
grumpy

Mount Vernon, OH

#20 Aug 15, 2013
transloader wrote:
<quoted text>
that's fine and I'll accept when a Rep or GOP goofs up. I know wasteful spending happens in both parties. However 2 things ripped me about the new airport #1. When Steve pitched this proposal to the commissioners and town elected people. He made it sound like this would bring in boats and boats of jobs. I honestly don't think it's brought in 5 jobs.(so Lie #1)#2. Any that laid cement knows the cost to put in those runways. Now the old airport I'll admit the old airport could of used some "TLC". okay maybe update some hangers, update the equipment in the tower. but which is cheaper A WHOLE NEW AIRPORT or updating equipment? Updating equipment. to me this was one of the biggest waste in Logan county's history. He stated to the paper it would be cheaper to build a new airport than do updates or renovations to existing airport(Lie #2)
I know your not very good at math as that has all ready established, but you started your first post saying you hate it when libs waste money. I explained to you how it was republicans who did all this. I stated my displeasure of the waste of the new airport and then you state you don't care which party did it because both parties waste money and then go on about the airport again? Are you related to South or AssV? Do you really know what your even responding to?
I agreed with you on the airport. It was a tremendous con job on the people of Logan County and Bellefontaine. Of that, there is little doubt. But there are very few libs ever elected in Logan County and that is why this could occur. It is the good ole boy system at it's best.
Who ever started this post is trying to belittle Brown because he apparently announced new federal money for local airports and they are trying to turn it into a liberal agenda. The Federal government did not convince Steve and the local republicans to rip off Logan County. They try to provide help where it is needed and the local republicans used this money to build Steve his own personal airport under the auspices of local need and wasted our Federal tax dollars in the process. Republicans constantly decry big government, yet here they are with their hands in the till. Go figure.... Imagine that. Don't do as I do, do as I say.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min sandy1 293,673
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 133,117
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 181,959
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,154,624
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Limbertwig 165,625
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 12 min Lawrence Wolf 344
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 16 min barefoot2626 165
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 44 min spocko 825
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 1 hr xxxrayted 1,552
More from around the web