Hurt & Douglass Face Off in 5th Distr...

Hurt & Douglass Face Off in 5th District Congressional Debate - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne...

There are 57 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Hurt & Douglass Face Off in 5th District Congressional Debate - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A lot of ground was covered, but one issue really stood out during the debate in Danville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
allum

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Hurt should have no problem beating one of obama's clones! When will people wake up and end this liberal downfall in our once great country?
Ummmm

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 11, 2012
allum wrote:
Hurt should have no problem beating one of obama's clones! When will people wake up and end this liberal downfall in our once great country?
I'd agree with you except the downfall started when the housing bubble popped and our govt(us) were left holding the bag and had to start life support as Wall St was in shock. How quickly America forgets the fall of 2007. Go back and read the headlines.
SRATTY

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Last night showed that General Douglass will make a great congressman.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Painful to listen to Hurt's halting delivery of talking points.
Douglass has a good point however, Hurt has only been party to one of the most obstructionist, do-nothing Congress in history.
Less than a month

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Oct 11, 2012
SRATTY wrote:
Did you have the sound turned on? This debate showed just how incompetent he is. I wouldn't want this guy as mayor. He reminds me of the welcome to Walmart guy.

Never trust anyone that has to tell you every 30 seconds he served in the military, this is all he has.
GoUVa

Bristow, VA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Anybody remember the story WVIR did with Hurt? Hurt made one statement in that interview that made me sick. He was on break and said "he was glad to have some time off from dealing with the countries problems". Wasn't he elected to fix America's problems? You idiots that elected him are the same ones that think Romney cares about us (middle class). Like Bush, Romney won't have any problem sending your kids to Iran for war but you can bet his kids will follow in daddies foot steps by sitting it out at a ski resort or warm sandy beach. Romney, Hurt, Cantor & McDonnell. All in it for themselves but you idiots will continue to believe their lies. I know, it's Obama's fault!
1 post removed
frmr

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Because my dish network was acting up, I could not see much of the debate but I noticed in the article it said Hurt was asked about uranium mining and "Douglas gave a sharp retort." What was Hurt's answer; was it more than "I don't have urainum interests" or something more? Why was Douglas' answer the only one printed? GEN. Douglass sounds like a man impressed with his own qualifications...why would he think Hurt was a minister? Crazy words, it seems.
Not impressed

Staunton, VA

#9 Oct 11, 2012
When he threw out his "it's not Mister, it's General" I couldn't find the delete button fast enough. I'm a pretty loyal Democrat but I can't bring myself to vote for this clown. Excuse me, General.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#10 Oct 11, 2012
After watching the debate, I have concluded that Ex-Lax would do Dougass a world of good. What an angry old man!
feel it slipping away

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 11, 2012
GoUVa wrote:
Anybody remember the story WVIR did with Hurt? Hurt made one statement in that interview that made me sick. He was on break and said "he was glad to have some time off from dealing with the countries problems". Wasn't he elected to fix America's problems? You idiots that elected him are the same ones that think Romney cares about us (middle class). Like Bush, Romney won't have any problem sending your kids to Iran for war but you can bet his kids will follow in daddies foot steps by sitting it out at a ski resort or warm sandy beach. Romney, Hurt, Cantor & McDonnell. All in it for themselves but you idiots will continue to believe their lies. I know, it's Obama's fault!
just like all you idiots who continue to be the lies from you King Obama........
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Oct 11, 2012
not a libtard

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Oct 11, 2012
douglass= hit me with your rythum stick!!
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#14 Oct 11, 2012
SRATTY wrote:
Someone who is a true "officer and gentleman" would NOT insist that civilians call him "general" when he is NOT in a "general officer" capacity. As a retired general he should know that. Seems to me he is one of those officers I remember from the military who didn't deserve the title, and constantly reminded you who he was. Self important popinjay...
Liberalace

Lexington, VA

#15 Oct 11, 2012
GoUVa wrote:
"I know, it's Obama's fault!"...Wasn't it a Democrat who said "The buck stops here?"

R.I.P.: Joe Flynn
local local

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Douglas keeps claiming Hurt has uranium interests, name the names of the connections then or shut up about it.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#17 Oct 11, 2012
BTW, making "general" in the Air Force is on a par with becoming head cashier at Kroger; keep your head down and don't piss anyone off and you'll make it.
Fiscal Conservative

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Oct 11, 2012
GoUVa wrote:
Of course Robert Hurt needs some time to relax and recharge. So does our President, for that matter. I don't hear complaints from liberals that President Obama spends time eating dinner with his family or golfing with friends. Surely Robert Hurt should not be held to a different standard.

As for the Romney and the "middle class": Romney is the candidate who is by far more likely to adopt policies that allow the economy to grow. Right now we are stagnating, with more than 20 million people unemployed or severely underemployed. Four more years of this, and the United States will be starting to look like Argentina or Spain.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Oct 11, 2012
Fiscal Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Robert Hurt needs some time to relax and recharge.
Hurt along with the rest of Congress works less than half the year in DC, and this current crop has almost nothing to show for it huck, buyerbeware, localocal and many more.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#20 Oct 11, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurt along with the rest of Congress works less than half the year in DC, and this current crop has almost nothing to show for it huck, buyerbeware, localocal and many more.
Answer...Look in Harry Reid's drawer. If you count the "obstructionist agenda" you dems constantly harp about, I'd say they have a LOT to show for their efforts...but then you'd have to retract your previous statement.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#21 Oct 11, 2012
And we ALL know heh is NEVER wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Ryan: Leaders must push beyond 'passions o... 1 min Britegirl 19
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 min Red Crosse 1,630
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Skin Head Water Park 27,260
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 4 min Putins Glock Holster 136
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min russianrepukes 287,981
News Uncounted Kansas ballots fuel fears about Kris ... 7 min DP Cassie 10
News John Oliver blasts Trump on Charlottesville: 'D... 11 min Putins Glock Holster 59
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Well Well 1,583,758
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 8,676
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 2 hr poi pounder 173
More from around the web