Who still takes global warming seriously?

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov. Full Story

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#29242 Jul 11, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of your problem (though not all of it by far) is that the chart is not very detailed. It covers 2000 years in about three inches. Then there's the fact that they cut it off at about AD 2000.
Another problem you have is with history. If you knew it very well, you'd see that the Republicans are nearer Nazis in actions and philosophy than anyone else, and they oppose in actions on climate change.
Maybe they're hoping for a larger Holocaust through climate action delay rather than machine guns and labor camps?
OK, I'll bite.. Again!!.. Why are strong central government National Socialist (Nazi's) closer to Republicans than strong central government Social Democrats (Communist)??..

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#29243 Jul 11, 2012
menoworry wrote:
<quoted text>Your chart shows temps. So that's what we are discussing. And yes,a linear trend analysis done over 2k years on the ring data, shows a cooling trend.But expand that ring data over the past 130 yrs; do a LTA and it'll show a positive slope, I bet.Data that will agree with actual temp measurements taken over the same period. This, along with an increase in the CO2 level over the same period, indicates that cooling trend is over. Don't you think?
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/
How do I "expand" 2000 year worth of data over 130 years??.. Don't you want me to "compress" or "narrow" the available data??..
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29244 Jul 11, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I'll bite.. Again!!.. Why are strong central government National Socialist (Nazi's) closer to Republicans than strong central government Social Democrats (Communist)??..
Wrong phrasing, dude. I said Republicans are nearer to Nazis in actions and philosophy than anyone else, not that National Socialists were like Republicans. Anyway, let's see.

Xenophobia.
Racism.
Maintenance of class stratification, with Party members enjoying the fruits of the workers labor.
Industrial control of government.
Imposition of their philosophy on the populace to the exclusion of all others.
BIG lies.
Lack of concern about anything but PROFIT.

All of these preclude any action in dealing with a looming disaster.
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

#29245 Jul 11, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong phrasing, dude. I said Republicans are nearer to Nazis in actions and philosophy than anyone else, not that National Socialists were like Republicans. Anyway, let's see.
Xenophobia.
Racism.
Maintenance of class stratification, with Party members enjoying the fruits of the workers labor.
Industrial control of government.
Imposition of their philosophy on the populace to the exclusion of all others.
BIG lies.
Lack of concern about anything but PROFIT.
All of these preclude any action in dealing with a looming disaster.
http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/b...
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."

Fact is that it is the old story of the 'aristocracy' vs the peasantry. The aristocracy sees that their power might slip if the public gets a 'fair share' so they oppress the public in any way they can, either directly or by distraction. This works for a while but ultimately leads to revolution and a new aristocracy that repeats the same pattern. So far..

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#29246 Jul 11, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong phrasing, dude. I said Republicans are nearer to Nazis in actions and philosophy than anyone else, not that National Socialists were like Republicans. Anyway, let's see.
Xenophobia.
Racism.
Maintenance of class stratification, with Party members enjoying the fruits of the workers labor.
Industrial control of government.
Imposition of their philosophy on the populace to the exclusion of all others.
BIG lies.
Lack of concern about anything but PROFIT.
All of these preclude any action in dealing with a looming disaster.
Sound like a list of items the Republicans fought the Civil War, to get rid of.. Remember if they only cared about profit, the Democrats would have been able to keep their slaves!!..
Sound more like a list Hitler, Lenin, Stalin & Mao would inflict on there Citizens.. Except for the profit thing.. You would have to change (just that word) it to power

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#29247 Jul 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sound like a list of items the Republicans fought the Civil War, to get rid of.. Remember if they only cared about profit, the Democrats would have been able to keep their slaves!!..
Sound more like a list Hitler, Lenin, Stalin & Mao would inflict on there Citizens.. Except for the profit thing.. You would have to change (just that word) it to power
Somewhere along the line, they flipped. Democrats became Republicans and Republicans became the Democrats of old.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29248 Jul 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sound like a list of items the Republicans fought the Civil War, to get rid of.. Remember if they only cared about profit, the Democrats would have been able to keep their slaves!!..
Sound more like a list Hitler, Lenin, Stalin & Mao would inflict on there Citizens.. Except for the profit thing.. You would have to change (just that word) it to power
OK, now you're only 150 years off. I was talking about modern (?) Republicans.

I believe Hitler was a Nazi, so the list applies to him and his followers.

As far as Lenin and Mao, their governments controlled industry, not the other way around, as the National Socialists did and as Republicans endorse. Stalin, IMO, was nothing but a monster and a murderer. I doubt Stalin's actions would have been different no matter what his political bent.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29249 Jul 12, 2012
Correction: National Socialism controlled industry, but it was a lover relationship, for the most part, not antagonistic. Industry loved the war profits.

Republicans love profit, and it doesn't matter where it comes from or who has to die to produce it.

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#29250 Jul 12, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere along the line, they flipped. Democrats became Republicans and Republicans became the Democrats of old.
So, the social programs (starting in the 30's) were not meant to make Citizens dependent upon the Government.. That it happened was an unintended side-effect, an accident??.. Really??..
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

#29251 Jul 12, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere along the line, they flipped. Democrats became Republicans and Republicans became the Democrats of old.
Don't try that line. His attempt is just 'labeling' or really 'mislabeling' to try to insult.

Fact is that the slave owners were CONSERVATIVES of their time. The ones that defended the STATUS QUO and PRIVILEGE of the slave masters.

Not much different today. Just a change from the physical control of slaves of old to the 'freedom to starve' of corporate controlled America.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#29252 Jul 12, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
Your out of date dude. We're coming up on 397 now.
You might as well say we're coming up on 500 now, "dude."
Atmospheric CO2 for June 2012
395.77ppm
CO2 Data Set:
Original data file posted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on Thursday July 5, 2012
Measuring Location:
Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii
http://co2now.org/

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#29253 Jul 12, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, aka:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
It changes within a fairly small range over centuries, a slightly larger one over millenia[sic] and a slightly larger one over eons.
We are on track to have a climate change that is equal to an eon
's worth in less than a century.
Eon's worth?
ֿ

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#29254 Jul 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>So, the social programs (starting in the 30's) were not meant to make Citizens dependent upon the Government.. That it happened was an unintended side-effect, an accident??.. Really??..
Nope, they saved people and possibly democracy. There was a real movement at the time to adopt socialism because capitalism had failed the masses. Capitalism was on its death bed. I don't know how old you are, but I witnessed some of the pain. Thankfully, President Bush and President Obama saw the emergency this time and took steps to avert a depression.

President Hoover tried the trickle down fiasco and it didn't work. If it was not for President Roosevelt our country might very well have reverted to socialism.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29255 Jul 12, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well say we're coming up on 500 now, "dude."
Atmospheric CO2 for June 2012
395.77ppm
CO2 Data Set:
Original data file posted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on Thursday July 5, 2012
Measuring Location:
Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii
http://co2now.org/
OK, dudette. We're coming up on 500 ppm.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29256 Jul 12, 2012
HOUSTON A Texas judge has ruled that the atmosphere and air must be protected for public use, just like water, which could help attorneys tasked with arguing climate change lawsuits designed to force states to cut emissions.

The written ruling, issued in a letter Monday by Texas District Court Judge Gisela Triana, shot down arguments by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality that only water is a "public trust," a doctrine that dates to the Roman Empire stating a government must protect certain resources usually water, sometimes wildlife for the common good.

Adam Abrams, one of the attorneys arguing the case against TCEQ, said Triana's ruling could be used as a persuasive argument in lawsuits pending in 11 other states.

In Texas, though, a ruling to protect air and the atmosphere has added significance. Republican Gov. Rick Perry is one of the most vocal opponents against widely accepted scientific research that fossil fuel emissions are causing global warming. And the state has refused to regulate greenhouse gases, forcing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to work directly with industries to ensure they comply with federal law.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><>

Gosh, the air belongs to everyone! Who woulda thunk?

This should be a landmark case and will probably go to the Supreme Court. It'll take years, but the final result could be the end of air pollution.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29257 Jul 12, 2012
One Illinois farmer is losing his corn and soybeans because of the drought. Illinois is not usually stricken by drought. If he had an irrigation system, he could probably save his crops, though his water bill would doubtless go up.

Well, I guess he just needs to adapt. Maybe he ought to invest in a new irrigation system. Probably won't cost much more than a quarter-million dollars for one the size he needs for his farm.

See? There's no problem. They can adapt. As long as they have enough collateral and both the farmer and his wife and their kids blow their banker.
menoworry

Farmington, NM

#29258 Jul 12, 2012
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration issued a warning recently that previously unusual weather is now becoming more and more common, in part due to the changes occurring at the two poles of the Earth.

Speaking of Texas;"2011 Texas drought was 20 times more likely due to warming, study says"

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/10/...

"...the first six months of 2012 accounted for the warmest January-through-June period on record for the contiguous U.S., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced Monday."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/09/...
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29259 Jul 12, 2012
This is about our fourth day of rain here in central Mississippi. We are about up to par on rain and I think we might like to start exporting some now. And, of course, that means I'm on the subject of adaptation again, because, as we all know, we'll be able to adapt to the slow, sweetheart climate change we're getting.

The way I see it, central Illinois is only about 700 miles from central Mississippi. We could have a fleet of aqueduct trucks, each carrying a 60' section of rain gutter on steroids, and line them up, and send water to our damyankee friends in central Illinois. And, of course, after all, it's funny how that elevation thing is, so I guess we'd have to have some of those, what I'd call, pumper trucks, maybe every hundred miles or maybe 200, and we could send them water!

See? We can adapt! There's no problem. We can adapt and even prosper. We just have to be willing to spend $2.5 billion for all those trucks. And pumps. But it's not a problem. WE CAN ADAPT!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#29260 Jul 12, 2012
menoworry wrote:
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration issued a warning recently that previously unusual weather is now becoming more and more common, in part due to the changes occurring at the two poles of the Earth.
Speaking of Texas;"2011 Texas drought was 20 times more likely due to warming, study says"
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/10/...
"...the first six months of 2012 accounted for the warmest January-through-June period on record for the contiguous U.S., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced Monday."
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/09/...
i KNOW YOU'RE up on the latest and an intellectual equal. dig it, man.

We have jacked with the jet stream. We've made the jet stream ..........lazy. Now it blocks, and we have stationary fronts, and everyone either drowns or burns up.

Those deniers. Poor bastards. They'll never know what hit 'em.
Life Rocks

Los Angeles, CA

#29261 Jul 12, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, now you're only 150 years off. I was talking about modern (?) Republicans.
I believe Hitler was a Nazi, so the list applies to him and his followers.
As far as Lenin and Mao, their governments controlled industry, not the other way around, as the National Socialists did and as Republicans endorse. Stalin, IMO, was nothing but a monster and a murderer. I doubt Stalin's actions would have been different no matter what his political bent.
HITLER WAS A SOCIALIST you IGNORANT TUMOR: National S.O.C.I.A.L.ism YOU IGNORANT CONFEDERAF*CK.

YOU and YOUR BRAIN DEAD ILK are the W.I.T.H.O.U.T. DOUBT S.T.U.P.I.D.E.S.T. hicks to EVER STEAL from a NEIGHBOR; and, because kind people tolerate it, your GREASY, MOLESTING @$$, ACTs like YOU
PERSONALLY
ACHIEVED something by being SO MUCH A LIE-BAG: REPUBLICAN CHRISTIANS & CAPITALISTS,- effectively -

ARE like HITLER'S "NATIONAL SOCIALISM! WE MARCH AS ONE!

You ignorant evil infidel trash, I'm so glad Darwin's got a dog to **IT you into AREA51/BIGFOOT/MOONTARD country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min Coffee Party 313,002
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min dirtclod 149,626
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu atten... 3 min goonsquad 71
VP Biden to headline gay rights group's convention 4 min Not Yet Equal 13
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,191,418
US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... 6 min Sneaky Pete 5
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 min Eagle 12 4,837
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min scirocco 172,037
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 1 hr spocko 608
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 1 hr Le Jimbo 1,872
More from around the web