Latino Voters Will Blame Republicans ...

Latino Voters Will Blame Republicans If Immigration Reform Fails, Poll Says

There are 60 comments on the Switched story from Jun 4, 2014, titled Latino Voters Will Blame Republicans If Immigration Reform Fails, Poll Says. In it, Switched reports that:

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner has said it would be difficult to pass an immigration bill because fellow Republicans don't trust President Barack Obama to implement the law, a position that shrinks chances for House action this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jujubead

Ardsley, NY

#1 Jun 4, 2014
Sad to say but they will be right!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2 Jun 4, 2014
On the upside Americans will praise Republicans for blocking amnesty. We need a sensible immigration policy in this country and granting amnesty and rewards to criminals makes no sense.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#3 Jun 4, 2014
Republicans will lose big if they roll over and give in to the lawless in chief,and the leeching criminals. We The People want the border secure,existing laws actually enforced(which they are not),and no rewarding illegal vermin who blatantly violated our immigration laws.
Jujubead

Lebanon, NJ

#4 Jun 4, 2014
Reports have shown that the majority of the American public wants immigration reform. It's just you bunch of self entitled duche bags that come on here and feel that immigration reform will make it worse for you sorry bunch.. What are they going to do? Take away jobs that they already have, that your lazy ass won't do? Think about that the next time you grab your family dinner at McDonalds!
The republican should find an island and go try to run that
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#5 Jun 4, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
On the upside Americans will praise Republicans for blocking amnesty. We need a sensible immigration policy in this country and granting amnesty and rewards to criminals makes no sense.
I'm glad to hear you like the present policy.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#6 Jun 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to hear you like the present policy.
I like the current laws regarding illegal immigration, though they could be strengthen say by making unauthorized entry a felony, not the current policy which is to ignore the current laws.
spud

Quarryville, PA

#7 Jun 4, 2014
Legal Hispanics who want their jobs and wages protected would be stupid to want amnesty. This whole thing is a scam by Democrats to legalize illegals and corral their votes. Only idiots like McCain, Boehner, Ryan and the rest of the neocon buffoons are stupid enough to think that any form of amnesty will help them electorally
Jujubead

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Jun 4, 2014
Both parties are just crying the same thing just saying it differently. The republicans say give them some sort of legal status then utilize the current laws to get legal. I agree with this. The senate bill is basically the same thing as it would take someone here the same amount of time to get legal. Amnesty is not need by most, just a chance to get legal and they can take it from there

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#9 Jun 4, 2014
Jujubead wrote:
Both parties are just crying the same thing just saying it differently. The republicans say give them some sort of legal status then utilize the current laws to get legal. I agree with this. The senate bill is basically the same thing as it would take someone here the same amount of time to get legal. Amnesty is not need by most, just a chance to get legal and they can take it from there
I agree! Grant people their amnesty who are already here and give them opportunity to prosper and have a better life, but nobody else after that. There are jobs out there that need to be filled, but there are lazy and egotistical Americans who don't want them because they think it's beneath them, but don't think twice about being whining freeloaders.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#10 Jun 4, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the current laws regarding illegal immigration, though they could be strengthen say by making unauthorized entry a felony, not the current policy which is to ignore the current laws.
Yes the current laws are working so well. Why would you want to change them?

Interesting idea to upgrade unlawful presence from a civil violation to a felony. Of course that would mean that everybody who is caught would be entitled to their day in court with a taxpayer funded lawyer. We can forget about the days when we could simply deport people in a single day. Instead it will take years in court to accomplish the same thing.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#11 Jun 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the current laws are working so well. Why would you want to change them?
Interesting idea to upgrade unlawful presence from a civil violation to a felony. Of course that would mean that everybody who is caught would be entitled to their day in court with a taxpayer funded lawyer. We can forget about the days when we could simply deport people in a single day. Instead it will take years in court to accomplish the same thing.
Actually it would work like any felony charge. The accused can plead guilty and usually if it is a first offense they would be deported with time served, have their record expunged after some preset time, most likely the 10 years that they would be prohibited from reentering and possibly a small fine. Plea not guilty and face jail, a felony conviction and being banned from reentering for life.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#12 Jun 4, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
Republicans will lose big if they roll over and give in to the lawless in chief,and the leeching criminals. We The People want the border secure,existing laws actually enforced(which they are not),and no rewarding illegal vermin who blatantly violated our immigration laws.
Republican have already loss big, twice. The future elections arent going to be any better for Republicans. Gerrymander saves the House, they'll never win the Senat or White House
sandy1

Southold, NY

#13 Jun 4, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican have already loss big, twice. The future elections arent going to be any better for Republicans. Gerrymander saves the House, they'll never win the Senat or White House
In your dreams. Excuse me,we are now on day six and you still have yet to prove gun running on the other thread. Tick tock,festurd. Move It!!!! LMAO!!
foster

Ashburn, VA

#14 Jun 4, 2014
spud wrote:
Legal Hispanics who want their jobs and wages protected would be stupid to want amnesty. This whole thing is a scam by Democrats to legalize illegals and corral their votes. Only idiots like McCain, Boehner, Ryan and the rest of the neocon buffoons are stupid enough to think that any form of amnesty will help them electorally
The bulk of Latinos are citizens by birth. Its their parents who need access to Citizenship
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#15 Jun 4, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it would work like any felony charge. The accused can plead guilty and usually if it is a first offense they would be deported with time served, have their record expunged after some preset time, most likely the 10 years that they would be prohibited from reentering and possibly a small fine. Plea not guilty and face jail, a felony conviction and being banned from reentering for life.
That's not how courts work. The immigration courts are so backlogged now it takes three years just to schedule a court appearance. A deportation case takes about ten years to resolve. That is what you are proposing for all cases now. If that were to happen the backlogs would be measured in decades.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jun 4, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams. Excuse me,we are now on day six and you still have yet to prove gun running on the other thread. Tick tock,festurd. Move It!!!! LMAO!!
The GOP just syffered a landslide defeat twice in the Presidential Election and loss seats in Congress by more than 1 mil votes. Hello!!!
1 post removed
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#18 Jun 4, 2014
Jujubead wrote:
Both parties are just crying the same thing just saying it differently. The republicans say give them some sort of legal status then utilize the current laws to get legal. I agree with this. The senate bill is basically the same thing as it would take someone here the same amount of time to get legal. Amnesty is not need by most, just a chance to get legal and they can take it from there
To get legal they need to get the fluck out a apply properly. We are a nation of laws.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#19 Jun 4, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree! Grant people their amnesty who are already here and give them opportunity to prosper and have a better life, but nobody else after that. There are jobs out there that need to be filled, but there are lazy and egotistical Americans who don't want them because they think it's beneath them, but don't think twice about being whining freeloaders.
Thats already been tried in the past and it just increased the future illegals.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#20 Jun 4, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP just syffered a landslide defeat twice in the Presidential Election and loss seats in Congress by more than 1 mil votes. Hello!!!
Nice fuzzy liberal math,festurd. The treasonous libturds can't escape obamafail no matter how hard they try,and this latest stunt of releasing killers in exchange for a muzzie sympathizing deserter is making the libturds very nervous. Even the big libturd feinstein is backing away from bath house Barry. Right now things look good for the GOP,of course you will deny this since you are a drooling obamabot but I really don't give a damn since the facts prove otherwise. Speaking of facts, where is the proof of gun running on the other thread? You didn't think I was going to let you sleaze out of that,did you?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Jun 4, 2014
Here's my idea.
Let the Republicans successfully block immigration reform. Then Latino voters can help oust the Republican ghouls, and get more Democrats into office. When that happens, a humane immigration reform bill will pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min I Not Religion ... 1,382,096
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 4 min Three Days Paleo 157
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 12 min josh 189
News The last of Hawaii's wild donkeys to be prepped... 27 min Three Days Paleo 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Chimney1 197,174
News Pistol used in Trayvon Martin shooting to be au... 43 min payme 110
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 1 hr woodtick57 1,849
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr dark goat 383,739
News The Republican Party is dead 1 hr LarryV 612
News Secret Service investigating Trump's ex-butler ... 1 hr LarryV 405
More from around the web