Spinning Obamacare success

Apr 22, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

The Fact Checker was on break last week, but did manage to pass a TV set that aired images of the president's announcement on April 17 that 8 million people had signed up for health insurance on the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Comments
321 - 340 of 418 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2014
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha there are more today with out insurance than when it passed.
you cant prove that.
you just make up nonsense, lying is an art for you.
1 post removed
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, all those Obama jobs again:
Facts of the Union
Obama took some boasts too far in his 2014 State of the Union.
Posted on January 29, 2014
Selective Job Growth Stat
Obama referred to “more than 8 million new jobs our businesses have created over the past four years.” That’s true as far as it goes, but it’s a highly selective statistic.
It’s true that nearly 8.2 million private sector jobs have been added since February 2010, which was the low point of the great job slump that began a year before Obama took office and continued through his first year. But total employment has risen less – by 7.6 million – held back by layoffs of state and local government workers. Obama was technically correct, as he was careful to speak of jobs “our businesses have created.”
His 8 million figure also leaves aside the nearly 4.2 million private sector jobs that were lost between the time he took office and the time the slump bottomed out. Overall, the net job gain since he took office stood at just over 3.2 million (or nearly 4 million if counting only private sector jobs), as of the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics figures for December.
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/facts-of-the...
Let that soak in for a while.
Given the information in the link, which Republican in 35 yrs created or saw 4 Mil private jobs on their watch?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

foster wrote:
<quoted text>What Republican in the last 35 years saw a net 5 million jobs created during their administration?
All of them
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the information in the link, which Republican in 35 yrs created or saw 4 Mil private jobs on their watch?
Let me put it this way Foster, compare jobs all you want, but what was the unemployment rate during Bush's first two terms? What was the government dependency rate? What was the workforce labor rate? What was the U-6 rate?

You see, I don't mind giving credit where credit is due, but you and your ilk brag about all these jobs, yet we have the most government dependents we've seen in decades, the most amount of people in poverty, the most adjusted unemployment statistics we've ever seen.

If we have all these jobs, then I would expect to see a decrease in government dependency, poverty, real unemployment. Only then will I give DumBama some credit even though he's done nothing to improve jobs in this country. And if he has, by all means, let me know what action he took these past few years.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Everyday there is a new revelation about ObamaScam. Now it is that half the 8 million enrollees are duplicates. This keeps getting funnier, and funnier.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

foster wrote:
<quoted text>
you cant prove that.
you just make up nonsense, lying is an art for you.
What can be proven is that DumBama decided to have the Census ask different questions about health insurance; much different than the way we calculated it in the past. In fact, a trial run was done a year or so ago with the new questions, and guess what? It showed a net gain in citizens insured before the first measure of Commie Care took place.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush designating the Chinese, America's most favorite Trade Partner status ushered American production jobs to China. That was just one GOP destructive policies that exploded unemployment
How? Explain the dynamics of that please.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

foster wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need the opinions in the article when you can access the same BLS data the author of that ariticle had priviledge to review.
So your'e saying FactCheck lied? Come right out and say it if that's what you mean.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The PEW research center is FOX????
Not just Pew, but WaPo, too....

Sadly, their reading comprehension skills are lacking. The poster to whom you responded demanded to know where I got "18 million obamacare enrollees" because "nobody here was saying that". Really? He needs to review the misrepresentations by his fellows on the left here, just a few hours before my comment.

"The poll also shows Republicans lead when it come to which party people favor in the 2014 midterm election. While 47 percent favor Republicans, 43 percent favor Democrats.
Pollsters generally agree that, in a neutral environment, Democrats would have a small lead on this measure, the so-called generic ballot. So the GOP's small lead is likely more significant than it seems."

Note to the nutters on the left. The topic is about spinning obamacare. The poll clearly states if obamacare wasn't part of the environment, dems would be enjoying a lead, but the republican lead " is likely more significant than it seems."

Obamacare is growing more unpopular as employers dump health insurance and folks see what a 6k deductible does to their budgets. If obama hadn't delayed so many of the price tags, the numbers of disapproval would be enormous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, their reading comprehension skills are lacking. The poster to whom you responded demanded to know where I got "18 million obamacare enrollees" because "nobody here was saying that". Really? He needs to review the misrepresentations by his fellows on the left here, just a few hours before my comment.
"The poll also shows Republicans lead when it come to which party people favor in the 2014 midterm election. While 47 percent favor Republicans, 43 percent favor Democrats.
Pollsters generally agree that, in a neutral environment, Democrats would have a small lead on this measure, the so-called generic ballot. So the GOP's small lead is likely more significant than it seems."
Note to the nutters on the left. The topic is about spinning obamacare. The poll clearly states if obamacare wasn't part of the environment, dems would be enjoying a lead, but the republican lead " is likely more significant than it seems."
Obamacare is growing more unpopular as employers dump health insurance and folks see what a 6k deductible does to their budgets. If obama hadn't delayed so many of the price tags, the numbers of disapproval would be enormous.
Obama is the Mad Hatter and Michele is playing Alice this season.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

There is nothing to spin. The whole thing is as big a mess today as it was Oct 1, 2013. Democrats make no sense. Do they really think we wouldn't notice if ObamaScam was a huge success? Or that we didn't notice when it crashed, and burned?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
What I see happening now is a political slaughter. It''s similar to the business philosophy that "word of mouth" is everything. Let me give you a personal example:

I've always prided myself on personal responsibility. I was raised that way. During our last family get together, I informed my family that my health insurance was dropped by my employer because of Commie Care. I could not afford a policy of my own.

They were very concerned because I am an insulin dependent diabetic. I am a property owner. Because of DumBama, I could lose everything I've worked for my entire life, and I'm now approaching the age of 54.

I don't know how my family votes although I would like to think conservative. But if any of them do privately vote Democrat, do you think they will vote Democrat next election knowing what position the Democrats have put me in? Again, it's not like I'm some social leech that looks for any angle that benefits me. I've worked my entire life to take car of myself, and now my efforts are fruitless. I'm in a very precarious position that I didn't put myself in--the Democrats did.

Okay, besides the Democrats having no hope of ever getting my vote, they've lost the potential votes of my parents, my sister, and my niece and nephew, plus whoever they discuss my circumstance with.

My situation is not an anomaly. This is happening to millions of Americans. Word of mouth can build a business, but word of mouth can destroy a business just as well. Same holds true of politics and leadership of this country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>What I see happening now is a political slaughter. It''s similar to the business philosophy that "word of mouth" is everything. Let me give you a personal example:

I've always prided myself on personal responsibility. I was raised that way. During our last family get together, I informed my family that my health insurance was dropped by my employer because of Commie Care. I could not afford a policy of my own.

They were very concerned because I am an insulin dependent diabetic. I am a property owner. Because of DumBama, I could lose everything I've worked for my entire life, and I'm now approaching the age of 54.

I don't know how my family votes although I would like to think conservative. But if any of them do privately vote Democrat, do you think they will vote Democrat next election knowing what position the Democrats have put me in? Again, it's not like I'm some social leech that looks for any angle that benefits me. I've worked my entire life to take car of myself, and now my efforts are fruitless. I'm in a very precarious position that I didn't put myself in--the Democrats did.

Okay, besides the Democrats having no hope of ever getting my vote, they've lost the potential votes of my parents, my sister, and my niece and nephew, plus whoever they discuss my circumstance with.

My situation is not an anomaly. This is happening to millions of Americans. Word of mouth can build a business, but word of mouth can destroy a business just as well. Same holds true of politics and leadership of this country.
Yes, commie care has touched many lives in a negative way. Once the commies came out of the closet, they had no choice but to double down and hope they could baffle the children long enough to complete their coup.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

18million+ ACA beneficiaries and a 59% hatred rating of tea-m extreme among republicans, say the party is over.

hahahahahahahahahah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is the Mad Hatter and Michele is playing Alice this season.
Yup, and the flamingo mallets are well represented in the source less rantings of the left here.
1 post removed
Cat74

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

I give up. Where are the success stories? Americans know if they have good health insurance. They know what they had, and what they have now, and they talk about the differences. The only people completely happy with their healthcare are those who have been waived from ObamaScam. The Republicans don't have to say a word. Come November those unhappy with their healthcare will vote Republican, and those struggling with ObamaScam will also vote Republican, and the rest will vote Democrat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
I give up. Where are the success stories? Americans know if they have good health insurance. They know what they had, and what they have now, and they talk about the differences. The only people completely happy with their healthcare are those who have been waived from ObamaScam. The Republicans don't have to say a word. Come November those unhappy with their healthcare will vote Republican, and those struggling with ObamaScam will also vote Republican, and the rest will vote Democrat.
Cat74 wrote:
Four state exchanges, at an implementation cost of nearly half a billion dollars, have failed. They will have to be reworked and reinstituted . The latest is Massachusetts. The Boston Globe reported the bad news last week. Another half billion? What madness.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
There are people plenty happy with Commie Care. Mostly it's the people that didn't have anything before because they didn't work for anything before. Of course they are a minority.

A personal example is one of my tenants. When I made a snide remark about Commie Care, she said I can criticize all I want, but thanks to Commie Care, she now has health insurance.

My tenant works at Pizza Hut. She and her live in BF both work fast food jobs. They smoke pot and can't get a good paying job because they wouldn't be able to pass the drug test. I don't think either of them work near 40 hours a week.

In the meantime, I lost my insurance through work. My employer couldn't keep up with the ridiculous premium increases every year. So thanks to Commie Care, my pot smoking minimum wage tenant has healthcare and I don't.

Bottom line: the plot is working as planned. It takes away from responsible working people that tend to vote Republican, and gives to the irresponsible people that tend to vote Democrat.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
18million+ ACA beneficiaries and a 59% hatred rating of tea-m extreme among republicans, say the party is over.
hahahahahahahahahah
Hahahahaha. I already proved you to be a liar before just like your leader. You're about 10 million off with your estimate of people who signed up and paid for their insurance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha. I already proved you to be a liar before just like your leader. You're about 10 million off with your estimate of people who signed up and paid for their insurance.
I looked for his bogus numbers. The ONLY source was a far left BLOG. That’s right, an opinion piece with the author’s lunatic math. Nary one source from the government. Even the liar in chief stayed away from that kind of whopper.

Hawaii and Minnesota exchanges are in deep trouble. Should they fail, that brings six BLUE states into the “not too big to fail” column for obamacare exchanges. Looks like those red states that saw the writing on the wall were quite on target.

What a nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Donnie 1,082,893
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Pietro Armando 52,816
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Taletha 245,445
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 6 min WeTheSheeple 2,681
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Extreme Auto - Benton Il 48,978
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 13 min Rick Moss 993
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min wojar 175,037
•••
•••