NOM Sets Sights on Starbucks for Gay Marriage Support

There are 20 comments on the Nov 14, 2012, EDGE story titled NOM Sets Sights on Starbucks for Gay Marriage Support. In it, EDGE reports that:

The leaders of the anti-gay marriage group the National Organization for Marriage are furious that the LGBT community made great strides after Election Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#22 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane refuses to look where the donations are going or what the groups donated to believe in.
I know..Just like she likes to argue pro-bigoted law, never concedes or even thinks about what the real issues are. Never say marriage or equal rights to him/her.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#23 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
I know..Just like she likes to argue pro-bigoted law, never concedes or even thinks about what the real issues are. Never say marriage or equal rights to him/her.
1. We have not been through this before, I have no idea what you are talking about as to Nigeria...
but that is just a front anyway, since that is hardly the sole company you guys have gone after...

I was merely saying you guys SAY you worry about the poor people's jobs except when you don't...as in Chik-fil-A or EVERY other organization that doesn't support gay marriage...then the poor employees are expendable...

2. If you want to ramble about state marriage law, go ahead, but you would be surprised to know that i find states voting for themselves to be beautiful....democracy at work regardless of the outcome...CA voting and then the court play, that's ANOTHER STORY...as is any claim that court entitles you to marriage. It simply DOESN'T. That play is just an end run...

So in sum, love the votes, hate the use of the consitution to say what it has never said...
I am thinking further down the road and about more important issues than gay marriage, although, states no longer having an encouragement to biological families will be kind of a loss in my opinion, but that's democracy!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#24 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. If Jane is a lawyer, I'm the queen of France. His argumnets are beyond weak. His "interpretation" of law isn't even worthy of a quick read, because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just wants to argue. Remember, this is the same dipshit that said the KKK could force a gay B&B to hold an anti-gay marriage rally for the same reason that a "christian" B&B was sued by a couple couple for refusing to host their wedding. He insists that the B&B was FORCED to hold the gay wedding, even though no wedding took place. They paid a hefty fine for REFUSING to hold it. Jane doesn't have both oars in the water if he thinks the KKK has "protected class" status in a public accommodation discrimination suit. No real lawyer would say ANYTHING remotely THAT stupid.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez. If Jane is a lawyer, I'm the queen of France. His argumnets are beyond weak. His "interpretation" of law isn't even worthy of a quick read, because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just wants to argue. Remember, this is the same dipshit that said the KKK could force a gay B&B to hold an anti-gay marriage rally for the same reason that a "christian" B&B was sued by a couple couple for refusing to host their wedding. He insists that the B&B was FORCED to hold the gay wedding, even though no wedding took place. They paid a hefty fine for REFUSING to hold it. Jane doesn't have both oars in the water if he thinks the KKK has "protected class" status in a public accommodation discrimination suit. No real lawyer would say ANYTHING remotely THAT stupid.
wow...this took a long time to type for you...
you are obsessed and trivial indeed...

and a liar to boot...since you know I was talking first amendment...

but that makes all your wrote stupid... so reality aside as usual eh?
keep trying dude....

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#26 Nov 14, 2012
So said your parents about those negroes in the '60s.

Don't you haters ever learn. Your going to lose this one just as your parents did against the negroes.

And of course you call yourselves Christian while telling your God to take that "love thy neighbor thing" and shove it.

There's a price you'll pay for your hatred.
3OHY wrote:
If gays don't want opposition to focus on companies overtly supporting gay agendas, maybe the leading gay organizations should stop publishing lists of companies most friendly to their agendas and recommendations for consumers to use the lists to focus discrimination onto companies not specifically heralding gay agendas. As usual, it's the gays generating the problems.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#27 Nov 14, 2012
Don't trolls ever get tired of eating the same ignorant garbage day in and day out. Most make themselves sound so stupid it's an embarrassment to their mothers.

No one believes a word of what you say when you show the world just how dumb you are by posting this drivel. No wonder they're finally voting against your agenda. Your doing a lot of our work for us with posts like this one.

FOOL
3OHY wrote:
<quoted text>
If gays insist on polarizing the issue and harassing companies not actively supporting their agendas increasingly focused on turning youth into sexually active perverts, there will undoubtedly be a reversed use of the lists generated by organizations surreptitiously supporting NAMBLA agendas by indoctrinating children in first grade and in their consumption of candy bars, etc.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#28 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We have not been through this before, I have no idea what you are talking about as to Nigeria...
but that is just a front anyway, since that is hardly the sole company you guys have gone after...
I was merely saying you guys SAY you worry about the poor people's jobs except when you don't...as in Chik-fil-A or EVERY other organization that doesn't support gay marriage...then the poor employees are expendable...
2. If you want to ramble about state marriage law, go ahead, but you would be surprised to know that i find states voting for themselves to be beautiful....democracy at work regardless of the outcome...CA voting and then the court play, that's ANOTHER STORY...as is any claim that court entitles you to marriage. It simply DOESN'T. That play is just an end run...
So in sum, love the votes, hate the use of the consitution to say what it has never said...
I am thinking further down the road and about more important issues than gay marriage, although, states no longer having an encouragement to biological families will be kind of a loss in my opinion, but that's democracy!
LOL..I was wrong it's Uganda.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#29 Nov 14, 2012
We all need to buy Starbucks stock immediately. Every time anyone from the right decides to boycott a company for supporting gay rights, that company's revenue jumps dramatically. Case in point: the Southern Baptists decided to punish Disney World for allowing GayDays to continue and revenues at the park increased by 5% over the next year. I already had their stock and made out like a bandit. It's happened every time. I'm surprised CEO's are chasing down HRC and begging to be added to the support list just to see their profits grow. If they're smart, they'll also call Maggie and tell her how much they love and support the gays, then sit back and wait for the money to come rolling in.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#30 Nov 14, 2012
Can anyone explain to be what First Amendment rights have to do with protected class status in anti-discrimination law for public accommodations?? Jane seems to think they are related.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#31 Nov 14, 2012
explain to me*
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#32 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
we all make mistakes...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#33 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Can anyone explain to be what First Amendment rights have to do with protected class status in anti-discrimination law for public accommodations?? Jane seems to think they are related.
NOPE!
Jane knows you are a lying fraud...
did I ever use the words "protected class"?
NO! YOU DID!
I said first amendment like in the ARTICLE...

the KKK's first amendment right will prevail over your right to be free from them in your private business was the idea that you have MAULED by now with your own inability...
again, it was a slippery slope argument that has support by the ACLU aiding the KKK in the highway department fight...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/us/georgia-kkk-...

you are such a fraud Mona...
and angry troll fraud.
I got your number dude.

How about you either fully ignore me or respond to me, but besides pathetic, what you are doing is very petty...
but then again, you enable me, so thanks AGAIN.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#34 Nov 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
explain to me*
I don't think anyone could explain gravity to YOU...
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#35 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention Uganda. Uganda had one of the most successful HIV prevention programs until it was destroyed by the 'rev franklin graham and his merry band of fundietard lunatics with their abstinence only bullshit!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#36 Nov 14, 2012
Well look what I found by scrolling back:

"google "lesbians sue bed and breakfast" and read away about how those owners cannot have a personal opinion in theitr own home...

wait til the gay B&B owners have to host an event they find offensive...maybe a sanctity of marriage rally....

we on the right think about the precedent set, that's why you liberals are so dangerous, you never think more than 1 move ahead...."

and this:

"and the black panthers guard the polls for the dems...whats your point?
MY point was that you will not like how this personal objection is overruled in your business when YOU are forced to host an event to which you object...
in other words, the rules work both ways, do you guys grasp that?
so at some point, anti-gay marriage folks will plan a rally at a gay B&B and the gay owners will have to host it..."

Who could have written those posts????????
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#37 Nov 14, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention Uganda. Uganda had one of the most successful HIV prevention programs until it was destroyed by the 'rev franklin graham and his merry band of fundietard lunatics with their abstinence only bullshit!
Ah..another example of the wrongs of the Christian right.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#38 Nov 14, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
The antigay are simply not logical. In fact, by some indications I'm reading and seeing, you're now witnessing just the beginning of their utter hysteria on this subject: NOW I believe they are going to get extreme.
Getting "desperate" is not a good thing to call it, as I see some saying; they're far from over with this fight. What they will get is *extreme*, even sabotaging their own self-interests.
This is because their viewpoint is based, for them, in *ideology* which is unchangeable and unbudgeable. It is antigay *ideology* based on a *moral imperative* which drives them to behave in this way: In short, you're seeing what indoctrination does to otherwise normal people who become batshit demons, hysterical with hatred.
I wholly agree with this comment.
1 post removed
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#40 Nov 15, 2012
your day will come wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you queers would stop molesting little boys.
Wish you old bigots would stop the hate and get an education..BTW F'k off and stop fantasizing about me.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#41 Nov 15, 2012
It's so ironic when religious groups get mad whenever it reaps what they sow.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#42 Nov 15, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think of the possibility that someone could be killed in the process while it is 100% true that the possibility exists.
NOM is a destructive force that claims it is doing good, yet they fail to realize what their actions could yield consequentially.
I have to agree. But "disgusted" stopped short. If they are going to charge the guy who attacked the Chick Fil-A headquarters with TERRORISM, then I think the charge should be used against anyone who attacks a gay person or organization anywhere in the world!

Too extreme? That's my whole point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 179,017
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Agents of Corruption 160,752
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,219,661
News Huckabee: Wait until Obama is out of office bef... 6 min Shinichiro Takizawa 149
News Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP White Ho... 12 min Christsharians on... 81
News Poll: Majority want businesses to serve gay wed... 19 min Christsharians on... 17
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 52,837
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 46 min Christsharians on... 73
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 58 min Agents of Corruption 324,148
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 1 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 126
More from around the web