Senators try to speed up deployment o...

Senators try to speed up deployment of self-driving cars

There are 10 comments on the Fairfield Citizen-News story from Monday Feb 13, titled Senators try to speed up deployment of self-driving cars. In it, Fairfield Citizen-News reports that:

In this Dec. 13, 2016 file photo, an Uber driverless car heads out for a test drive in San Francisco. In the first major congressional attempt to address the advent of self-driving cars, two key senators said Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, they're launching a bipartisan effort to help to speed up the deployment of the vehicles on the nation's roads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fairfield Citizen-News.

davy

Colby, KS

#1 Monday Feb 13
maybe they can use the senators for test crash dummies
1 post removed

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#3 Monday Feb 13
Get rid of Drivers Licenses and remove a venue to register illegal voters.
Hostis Publicus

Columbus, OH

#4 Monday Feb 13
Too bad ted kennedy did not have one of these!
gwww

Belle Plaine, MN

#5 Monday Feb 13
I have a hard time trusting a driverless car.One small computer glitch and its over.

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#6 Tuesday Feb 14
I find it both funny and sad that with ALL the issues at hand currently these Senators are even THINKING about self driving cars.

How about tackling the debt problem (or any other issue that REALLY matters) first?

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#7 Tuesday Feb 14
gwww wrote:
I have a hard time trusting a driverless car.One small computer glitch and its over.
I also want to know how it's going to handle "moral" issues as well.

The computer determines the chances of a crash are 100% but has a choice to slide you into a school bus full of children or sending you over a ravine. Does it kill you to save the kids or chance killing some kids to save you?

Personally, I'd like THAT decision to be in MY hands.
2 posts removed
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#10 Tuesday Feb 14
What about Bridge Abutment or cow standing in road.

I had this question in an advanced Driver training. You only had 3-4 seconds to choose. Correct answer was to try to hit cow with glancing blow.

I'll drive my own car thanks.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Tuesday Feb 14
Who gets the ticket for driving drunk? The driverless car or its passenger?
1 post removed
Death on 2 Legs

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#13 Wednesday Feb 15
don't we have a 2,000 mile wall to build?
Maybe we should get started on that.
I would hate for Trump to not be able to live up to his campign promises.
coyote505

Long Beach, MS

#14 Thursday Feb 16
If you really want to make a dent in the rising death rate, which is overwhelmingly due to distracted driving by those playing with their mobile devices, do the following. Use whatever Federal authority there is under the highway safety acts and communications acts to require ALL mobile devices to be programmed so that they are INOPERABLE when in motion, other than for 911 calls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 min Chilli J 5,716
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 1 min Dalai Lama 299
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Badjudgment 1,496,774
News Trump's state visit should be scrapped, says Lo... 1 min Denny CranesPlace 53
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min Scratch Golfer 1,327
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 259,074
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 7 min Chilli J 2,543
News Fearing deportation, undocumented mother seeks ... 10 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 164
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr positronium 412,717
More from around the web