Caseyville Township resident files Op...

Caseyville Township resident files Open Meetings Act complaint

There are 15 comments on the Belleville News Democrat story from Sep 28, 2013, titled Caseyville Township resident files Open Meetings Act complaint. In it, Belleville News Democrat reports that:

The Caseyville Township Board of Trustees is approving ordinances without notifying the public as required by state law, according to a resident's complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News Democrat.

my vote counts

Sparta, IL

#1 Sep 30, 2013
why is this thread being removed?
SEEN IT

Collinsville, IL

#2 Oct 2, 2013
REMOVED BECAUSE OF ALL THE UNTRUTHS. ORDINANCES WERE FOR EMPLOYEE RULES AND GUIDELINES, TOWNSHIP VENDOR REQUIREMENTS, AND APPROVAL OF MEDICAL INSURANCE WORDING OF THE ORIGINAL ORDINANCE WHICH WAS APPROVED WAY BACK IN 1989......BLACKBURN NEEDS TO GET HIS FACTS STRAIGHT...IT APPEARS HE IN MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT HAPPENS THAT MAY EFFECT HIS WIFES JOB AT THE SEWER PLANT.....NOT ONE OF THE ORDINANCES IN QUESTION HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RESIDENTS OF OUR TOWNSHIP. I THINK HE IS PERHAPS LISTENING TOO MUCH TO OUR WORTHLESS TOWNSHIP SUPERVISOR BRUCE CANTY........
Wondering

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 3, 2013
It appears based on the article in the BND that Blackburn's concern is with the way these ordinances were approved rather than there substance.
Alice Wonderland

Mount Vernon, IL

#4 Oct 20, 2013
SEEN IT wrote:
REMOVED BECAUSE OF ALL THE UNTRUTHS. ORDINANCES WERE FOR EMPLOYEE RULES AND GUIDELINES, TOWNSHIP VENDOR REQUIREMENTS, AND APPROVAL OF MEDICAL INSURANCE WORDING OF THE ORIGINAL ORDINANCE WHICH WAS APPROVED WAY BACK IN 1989......BLACKBURN NEEDS TO GET HIS FACTS STRAIGHT...IT APPEARS HE IN MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT HAPPENS THAT MAY EFFECT HIS WIFES JOB AT THE SEWER PLANT.....NOT ONE OF THE ORDINANCES IN QUESTION HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RESIDENTS OF OUR TOWNSHIP. I THINK HE IS PERHAPS LISTENING TOO MUCH TO OUR WORTHLESS TOWNSHIP SUPERVISOR BRUCE CANTY........
Rick Donovan is the biggest horses ass in St.Clair County. Since joining the board they have gone behind closed dorrs to do the publics business. Now, because residents are not happy with these antics, the board is going to spend an additional $100-$150 a meeting to hire one of their flunky buddies from St.Clair County....AND they are giving him health insurance for three meetings a month.....Aproximately 6 hours of work.....as voted for by Rick Donovan, Jim Lemansky and Donald Chrismore.
The tin man

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Oct 21, 2013
Alice Wonderland wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick Donovan is the biggest horses ass in St.Clair County. Since joining the board they have gone behind closed dorrs to do the publics business. Now, because residents are not happy with these antics, the board is going to spend an additional $100-$150 a meeting to hire one of their flunky buddies from St.Clair County....AND they are giving him health insurance for three meetings a month.....Aproximately 6 hours of work.....as voted for by Rick Donovan, Jim Lemansky and Donald Chrismore.
Rick Donovan is holding the township responsible for the first time ever. They have had free run and have done some shoddy dealings that are coming to light now. Go Rick! Keep up the good work - you are doing a great job.
scarecrow

Sparta, IL

#6 Oct 21, 2013
The tin man wrote:
<quoted text>Rick Donovan is holding the township responsible for the first time ever. They have had free run and have done some shoddy dealings that are coming to light now. Go Rick! Keep up the good work - you are doing a great job.
you are very confused.....
1 post removed
the 411

Sparta, IL

#8 Nov 3, 2013
I feel for Moody and Canty to even have to be seated in the same room with these weasels...yeah Rick..keep up the good work...get rid of everyone who has any ounce of decency and tell the tax payers that voted you idiots in to grab their knees and bend over
the 411

Sparta, IL

#9 Nov 3, 2013
You deny illegally meeting per Brad Van Hoose's allegations according to your editorial in todays newspaper. But how are you coming up with new ordinances to pass if there are nothing listed in the meeting minutes posted on the township's website. If you're not discussing them in the meetings scheduled then you must be discussing them on the parking lot or maybe a local restaurant.......everything is sneaky in sneakytown....
huh

France

#10 Nov 3, 2013
huh
dave

Tulsa, OK

#11 Nov 3, 2013
Donovan and his twin brother aka his wife have lots to gain from this turmoil.
imwithdick

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Nov 6, 2013
What's dick's deal with the sewer system anyway? Blackburn isn't his only target. He was also the ringleader in targeting another lady with some more false allegations.

what's his agenda?
truth be told

Mount Vernon, IL

#13 Nov 7, 2013
imwithdick wrote:
What's dick's deal with the sewer system anyway? Blackburn isn't his only target. He was also the ringleader in targeting another lady with some more false allegations.
what's his agenda?
His agenda is for the truth be told and people be accountable for their actions. Keep up the good work, Mr. Donovan. The taxpayers appreciate you.
imwithdick

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Nov 7, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text> His ageanda is the truth be told and people be accountable for their actions. Keep up the good work, Mr. Donovan. The taxpayers appreciate you.
I agree 100% with holding people accountable, however, i   do not agree with someone's pay to be withheld from them before an investigation is even completed.
What if the allegations turn out to be false, Dick?

You can't withhold someone's pay just because you think they have themselves a raise. That's illegal!
Anonymous

Collinsville, IL

#15 Nov 7, 2013
imwithdick wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with holding people accountable, however, i   do not agree with someone's pay to be withheld from them before an investigation is even completed.
What if the allegations turn out to be false, Dick?
You can't withhold someone's pay just because you think they have themselves a raise. That's illegal!
Dear Concerned (imwithdick)
Let's set the record straight, shall we? The board DID NOT withhold the employee's pay. Supervisor Canty told the employee that the board wanted the employee's check held up. A union rep called me that evening and ask me what was going on and I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about. I then called the other board members and ask them if they knew anything about it, they did not.
I then called the union rep back and told him I would go to the township office at 8am the next morning and find out why this persons check was being held. At 8am, myself and two other trustee's meet at the township office and ask Supervisor Canty who authorized this persons check held. He said the township attorney told him to hold the check, saying the board needed to approve it. This was not the case. I immediately called the township attorney and he said that he told Supervisor Canty that the board wanted to LOOK AT THE AUDIT, he never said to withhold the check. I immediately turned to Canty and actually yelled at him to never withhold a check without board approval. I told him to call the employee and immediately tell him/her that the check can be picked up whenever he/she wished. I also told Canty to write a letter saying the board was sorry, even though the board had nothing to do with it.
It was Supervisor Canty who withheld the check, the board had nothing to do with it.
My conversation with Supervisor Canty can be verified by five other people who were in the township office at the time.
In addition, Supervisor Canty denied knowing anything about it, when ask by the board several times about the apparent wage increase for this employee. Only after the audit and a statement from the employee, did the board find out that Supervisor Canty was the one who told this employee what he/she would be making. If Supervisor Canty would have been honest with the board when he was ask about this persons wages, the audit would not have been necessary.
I hope this clears things up a bit.
truth be told

Mount Vernon, IL

#16 Nov 7, 2013
Richard Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Concerned (imwithdick)
Let's set the record straight, shall we? The board DID NOT withhold the employee's pay. Supervisor Canty told the employee that the board wanted the employee's check held up. A union rep called me that evening and ask me what was going on and I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about. I then called the other board members and ask them if they knew anything about it, they did not.
I then called the union rep back and told him I would go to the township office at 8am the next morning and find out why this persons check was being held. At 8am, myself and two other trustee's meet at the township office and ask Supervisor Canty who authorized this persons check held. He said the township attorney told him to hold the check, saying the board needed to approve it. This was not the case. I immediately called the township attorney and he said that he told Supervisor Canty that the board wanted to LOOK AT THE AUDIT, he never said to withhold the check. I immediately turned to Canty and actually yelled at him to never withhold a check without board approval. I told him to call the employee and immediately tell him/her that the check can be picked up whenever he/she wished. I also told Canty to write a letter saying the board was sorry, even though the board had nothing to do with it.
It was Supervisor Canty who withheld the check, the board had nothing to do with it.
My conversation with Supervisor Canty can be verified by five other people who were in the township office at the time.
In addition, Supervisor Canty denied knowing anything about it, when ask by the board several times about the apparent wage increase for this employee. Only after the audit and a statement from the employee, did the board find out that Supervisor Canty was the one who told this employee what he/she would be making. If Supervisor Canty would have been honest with the board when he was ask about this persons wages, the audit would not have been necessary.
I hope this clears things up a bit.
Keep up the good work, Rick. Every municipality in the area needs a representative like you to protect their tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Slade surfer Thom... 7,808
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 205,044
News Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks suppor... 2 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min freebird 393,289
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Slade surfer Thom... 1,419,250
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 4 min littleoleladyfrom... 38
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dale 222,536
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Uncle Tab 239,528
More from around the web