Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

Apr 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Comments (Page 12)

Showing posts 221 - 240 of584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a police state.
No, it sounds like a community taking responsibility for the rampant crime that has infected our nation.
FormerParatroope r

Maryland Heights, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they're not serious about enforcing the law.(See previous post)
Here we agree. Until the laws are enforced nothing will happen.
FormerParatroope r

Maryland Heights, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because kids benefit from interaction with their peers.
Not trusting the teachers is how you PREVENT abuses from happening. Parents keep a close eye on teachers now, and the teachers KNOW we're keeping a close eye on them; that keeps everybody honest, at least in small town school districts like mine.
Hard to disagree in case where parents actually care. Unfortunately parents like us seem to be the minority.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

If the teacher couldn't tolerate kids, he wouldn't become a teacher.
FormerParatroope r

Maryland Heights, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sounds like a community taking responsibility for the rampant crime that has infected our nation.
If is the government doing it thru the police or other government officials, its a police state. If it is the community's citizens, it is vigilantism. I oppose a police state, but responsible vigilantism I support.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

NOT A FREAKIN' GOOD IDEA...Gonna have kids wrestling teachers to the ground for their GUN!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Colorado Chick wrote:
NOT A FREAKIN' GOOD IDEA...Gonna have kids wrestling teachers to the ground for their GUN!!
Good point... 2 or 3 cops in a school could help though. Either that or the walls and windows should get better security. Also Sandy Hook was probably faked, why do you think the guy commited suicide afterwards

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife carries a compact .45. I am not about to let her even think I am going to beat her. That is how a gun deters violence, for those of you that don't get it.
I think you may have read too much into that comment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-profilers won't have a leg to stand on. Recent polling shows nearly 80% of blacks support stricter gun laws. When the law abiding minorities start demanding the police & local & state & federal govt do something about the rampant gun violence in their neighborhoods, then it won't matter what outside ACLU types do.
Bottom line, it's their neighborhoods, and at some point they need to clean up their own mess. I'm more than willing to give them whatever help they need, but they have to ask first. When I see all those Chicago preachers who are marching on Springfield to oppose same-sex marriage take to the streets in their own neighborhoods to oppose gun violence & drugs & prostitution etc, THEN I'll know they're serious.
The "anti-profilers" certainly had a leg to stand on post 9/11 when we started searching 80 year old grandmothers at the airport, instead of targeting 20-40 year old men of Arabic descent. I have seen no signs of profiling becoming more acceptable.

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you may have read too much into that comment.
How often did you beat her before she got a gun...Janie's go a gun!!!

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

D0ctorMag1c wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point... 2 or 3 cops in a school could help though. Either that or the walls and windows should get better security. Also Sandy Hook was probably faked, why do you think the guy commited suicide afterwards
AA! or Kapootz is this you? You have been saying this fake crap for months.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they're not serious about enforcing the law.(See previous post)
and Chicago has been Under Democrat control for years in Chicago so there again the Democrats are creating the problem with guns which the Mayors of Chicago Since 1931 have been all Democrats one right after another.

List of Mayors of Chicago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Chicago...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Moe of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>How often did you beat her before she got a gun...Janie's go a gun!!!
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while? But FYI, I bought it for her. I have no reason to fear her.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Until they get all the mentally ill people off the streets and enforce the laws on the books now, we need armed personnel in the schools. Allow students in college to have concealed carry permits, and CARRY.
The Benevolent Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while? But FYI, I bought it for her. I have no reason to fear her.
If you had been a real man,you would not have had to buy your woman a steely dan. Were you embarrassed when you entered the adult store and brought it to the counter to purchase?

Also...Judging by your volatile attitude here at the forum,I bet your woman puts up with a lot. Well,revenge is sweet. Someday soon,I hope she shoves that thing extremely far up in your a** when you're sleeping.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

The Benevolent Moe wrote:
<quoted text> If you had been a real man,you would not have had to buy your woman a steely dan. Were you embarrassed when you entered the adult store and brought it to the counter to purchase?
Also...Judging by your volatile attitude here at the forum,I bet your woman puts up with a lot. Well,revenge is sweet. Someday soon,I hope she shoves that thing extremely far up in your a** when you're sleeping.
Sorry, but you need to stop using me to fuel your sexual fantasies. Perhaps Carl, or Moe of Indy would be willing to "fall on the sword", so to speak.
Marriage Counselor Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you need to stop using me to fuel your sexual fantasies. Perhaps Carl, or Moe of Indy would be willing to "fall on the sword", so to speak.
When you're in the midst of intimacy with your wife,and she makes those "interesting" sounds....Do you accuse her of cheating on you with Moe?

i.e.

Wife:"Moooooooeeeennnnnn. "

You: "B*tch! Are you cheating on me?' AND IS HIS NAME MOE!!!!"
Fitness Advising Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while?
Big people? Are you overweight? You should step away from the pc and hit the treadmill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Fitness Advising Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
Big people? Are you overweight? You should step away from the pc and hit the treadmill.
Ran 4 miles yesterday so I am going to skip the running today, but thanks for your concern about my health.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Moses wrote:
All we ever hear from the wingers is how union people are dumb,lazy,thugs,selfish,worthl ess and just generally bad news. Especially the teachers union.
But when it comes to guns.....These very same wingers are enthusiastic for these public/union employees they consider to be lazy,thugs,etc to carry guns.
It's absolutely amazing.
To be a winger....is to be a walking mass of conflicting emotions and contradictions.
Only In liberalville do the teachers hold the students and schools hostage while giving them the low test scores their teaching produces. Look at California and NY.....shambles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 221 - 240 of584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,073,323
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 min Reverend Alan 50,863
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min LMS 145,003
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 min SpaceBlues 31,876
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min DanFromSmithville 112,054
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Junket 304,949
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min positronium 240,583
•••
•••