Ind. could be first to require armed ...

Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

There are 583 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 3, 2013, titled Ind. could be first to require armed school employees. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#224 Apr 4, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a police state.
No, it sounds like a community taking responsibility for the rampant crime that has infected our nation.
FormerParatroope r

Saint Louis, MO

#225 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they're not serious about enforcing the law.(See previous post)
Here we agree. Until the laws are enforced nothing will happen.
FormerParatroope r

Saint Louis, MO

#226 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because kids benefit from interaction with their peers.
Not trusting the teachers is how you PREVENT abuses from happening. Parents keep a close eye on teachers now, and the teachers KNOW we're keeping a close eye on them; that keeps everybody honest, at least in small town school districts like mine.
Hard to disagree in case where parents actually care. Unfortunately parents like us seem to be the minority.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#227 Apr 4, 2013
If the teacher couldn't tolerate kids, he wouldn't become a teacher.
FormerParatroope r

Saint Louis, MO

#228 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sounds like a community taking responsibility for the rampant crime that has infected our nation.
If is the government doing it thru the police or other government officials, its a police state. If it is the community's citizens, it is vigilantism. I oppose a police state, but responsible vigilantism I support.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#229 Apr 4, 2013
NOT A FREAKIN' GOOD IDEA...Gonna have kids wrestling teachers to the ground for their GUN!!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#230 Apr 4, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
NOT A FREAKIN' GOOD IDEA...Gonna have kids wrestling teachers to the ground for their GUN!!
Good point... 2 or 3 cops in a school could help though. Either that or the walls and windows should get better security. Also Sandy Hook was probably faked, why do you think the guy commited suicide afterwards

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#231 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife carries a compact .45. I am not about to let her even think I am going to beat her. That is how a gun deters violence, for those of you that don't get it.
I think you may have read too much into that comment.

Location hidden

#232 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti-profilers won't have a leg to stand on. Recent polling shows nearly 80% of blacks support stricter gun laws. When the law abiding minorities start demanding the police & local & state & federal govt do something about the rampant gun violence in their neighborhoods, then it won't matter what outside ACLU types do.
Bottom line, it's their neighborhoods, and at some point they need to clean up their own mess. I'm more than willing to give them whatever help they need, but they have to ask first. When I see all those Chicago preachers who are marching on Springfield to oppose same-sex marriage take to the streets in their own neighborhoods to oppose gun violence & drugs & prostitution etc, THEN I'll know they're serious.
The "anti-profilers" certainly had a leg to stand on post 9/11 when we started searching 80 year old grandmothers at the airport, instead of targeting 20-40 year old men of Arabic descent. I have seen no signs of profiling becoming more acceptable.

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#233 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you may have read too much into that comment.
How often did you beat her before she got a gun...Janie's go a gun!!!

“Liberal”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#234 Apr 4, 2013
D0ctorMag1c wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point... 2 or 3 cops in a school could help though. Either that or the walls and windows should get better security. Also Sandy Hook was probably faked, why do you think the guy commited suicide afterwards
AA! or Kapootz is this you? You have been saying this fake crap for months.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#235 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they're not serious about enforcing the law.(See previous post)
and Chicago has been Under Democrat control for years in Chicago so there again the Democrats are creating the problem with guns which the Mayors of Chicago Since 1931 have been all Democrats one right after another.

List of Mayors of Chicago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Chicago...

Location hidden

#236 Apr 4, 2013
Moe of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>How often did you beat her before she got a gun...Janie's go a gun!!!
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while? But FYI, I bought it for her. I have no reason to fear her.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#237 Apr 4, 2013
Until they get all the mentally ill people off the streets and enforce the laws on the books now, we need armed personnel in the schools. Allow students in college to have concealed carry permits, and CARRY.
The Benevolent Moe

Indianapolis, IN

#238 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while? But FYI, I bought it for her. I have no reason to fear her.
If you had been a real man,you would not have had to buy your woman a steely dan. Were you embarrassed when you entered the adult store and brought it to the counter to purchase?

Also...Judging by your volatile attitude here at the forum,I bet your woman puts up with a lot. Well,revenge is sweet. Someday soon,I hope she shoves that thing extremely far up in your a** when you're sleeping.

Location hidden

#239 Apr 4, 2013
The Benevolent Moe wrote:
<quoted text> If you had been a real man,you would not have had to buy your woman a steely dan. Were you embarrassed when you entered the adult store and brought it to the counter to purchase?
Also...Judging by your volatile attitude here at the forum,I bet your woman puts up with a lot. Well,revenge is sweet. Someday soon,I hope she shoves that thing extremely far up in your a** when you're sleeping.
Sorry, but you need to stop using me to fuel your sexual fantasies. Perhaps Carl, or Moe of Indy would be willing to "fall on the sword", so to speak.
Marriage Counselor Moe

Fletcher, OH

#240 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you need to stop using me to fuel your sexual fantasies. Perhaps Carl, or Moe of Indy would be willing to "fall on the sword", so to speak.
When you're in the midst of intimacy with your wife,and she makes those "interesting" sounds....Do you accuse her of cheating on you with Moe?

i.e.

Wife:"Moooooooeeeennnnnn. "

You: "B*tch! Are you cheating on me?' AND IS HIS NAME MOE!!!!"
Fitness Advising Moe

Fletcher, OH

#241 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Moe, can't you stay away and let big people talk for a while?
Big people? Are you overweight? You should step away from the pc and hit the treadmill.

Location hidden

#242 Apr 5, 2013
Fitness Advising Moe wrote:
<quoted text>
Big people? Are you overweight? You should step away from the pc and hit the treadmill.
Ran 4 miles yesterday so I am going to skip the running today, but thanks for your concern about my health.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#243 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
All we ever hear from the wingers is how union people are dumb,lazy,thugs,selfish,worthl ess and just generally bad news. Especially the teachers union.
But when it comes to guns.....These very same wingers are enthusiastic for these public/union employees they consider to be lazy,thugs,etc to carry guns.
It's absolutely amazing.
To be a winger....is to be a walking mass of conflicting emotions and contradictions.
Only In liberalville do the teachers hold the students and schools hostage while giving them the low test scores their teaching produces. Look at California and NY.....shambles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 3 min WelbyMD 33
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min bad bob 270,325
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 6 min Mexican 155
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 7 min Sandra 419
News 'Climate change musical' is cited as tax waste ... 11 min WelbyMD 11
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 16 min WelbyMD 875
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min Jasonville 6,080
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Trump Worshiper 2,628
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr JCPete 1,535,920
News James Comey fired as FBI director 2 hr UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,781
More from around the web