Obama says will push immigration afte...

Obama says will push immigration after fiscal crisis over

There are 115 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 15, 2013, titled Obama says will push immigration after fiscal crisis over. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#44 Oct 21, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>What happens when 60% of the voters dislike both candidates? I haven't liked a candidate from either party since I was able to vote in 1969. The media and big corporate dollars pick the guy they want and that goes for both parties. The middle class has no say. We're relegated to picking the lesser of two evils after the elites decide who gets nominated. That's how we the people are manipulated by our rigged system.
But they did not. Obama won and Romney lost. "We the people" would be the people who voted for Obama not the people in the minority.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#45 Oct 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
But they did not. Obama won and Romney lost. "We the people" would be the people who voted for Obama not the people in the minority.
Obama is the president of all Americans, not just those who voted him in. Didn't he run the first term as the 'great uniter'? it's business as usual in DC, in fact, it's gotten worse.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#46 Oct 21, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is the president of all Americans, not just those who voted him in. Didn't he run the first term as the 'great uniter'? it's business as usual in DC, in fact, it's gotten worse.
I am not sure how much help he gets uniting anybody. He was ridiculous in the first term offering up his olive branches, but what did he get in return? Ted Cruz.

Location hidden

#47 Oct 21, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure how much help he gets uniting anybody. He was ridiculous in the first term offering up his olive branches, but what did he get in return? Ted Cruz.
I lived for many years in Chicago, as Obama was rising up the political ladder. The general consensus was that he was a charismatic man who was a political newbie, former students of his said that he would frequently be a no-show at classes that he was supposed to teach. Instead of being in class, he'd be focused on his political aspirations, with TA's taking over his classes. He would also schedule meet-and-greets at local businesses, once he was a senator, and cancel at the last minute, very disappointing that he wouldn't follow through on his commitments, and we expect more of him when his responsibilities are more urgent than teaching a class or meeting workers?

I'm sure his intentions are good, but misdirected. There is no way that this government can continue the tax and spend policies that continue to grow our deficit, these bills have to get paid, and who is left to tax? big business is leaving the country for countries with less of a tax burden, the middle class is eroding, and the poor get tax money back (earned income credit). Who then, is left to pay the bills? The rich? They can move their money offshore.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#48 Oct 22, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
We the People would be ALL the people who voted for the person they felt would best serve them. Don't forget that a segment of We the People chose to stay home rather than to vote for either candidate.“We the People” signifies that the United States are one people, one nation. All who participated in voting their conscience were part of the whole.
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#49 Oct 22, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>We the People would be ALL the people who voted for the person they felt would best serve them. Don't forget that a segment of We the People chose to stay home rather than to vote for either candidate.“We the People” signifies that the United States are one people, one nation. All who participated in voting their conscience were part of the whole.
Apathy is no excuse,including voter apathy.
Republicans should have come out in force after Oblamers 1st term but opted to sit home in protest.
They're as responsible as the tax takers that voted him in twice,if not more.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#50 Oct 22, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans should have come out in force after Oblamers 1st term but opted to sit home in protest.
Frankly, I couldn't agree more. Too many people gave their blood and lives so that we could cast our ballots freely...to decide to refrain from voting does not honor those brave souls.
spud

Reading, PA

#51 Oct 22, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'M GLAD YOU'RE HAPPY THAT WE PICKED A DOG TURD OVER A CAT TURD.
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#52 Oct 22, 2013
"Jimmy Carter must be shipped off to Guantanamo Bay. Last weekend, former US president and current Al-Qaeda operative Jimmy Carter launched an unprovoked attack on democracy itself by telling an Arkansas newspaper that the Bush administration was the worst in history, and people were shocked: Arkansas has newspapers?!

But once again we were sucked into a made up controversy over who said what and how it hurt George Bush's feelings. Because when you hurt George Bush, you hurt America's feelings, and when you hurt America's feelings you hurt the truth. And when that happens, Tinkerbell's light goes out and she dies.

Now as for Carter's assertion: I was up all night doing an exhaustive search on Wikipedia on former Presidents, and while other Presidents have sucked in their own particular way, Bush is like a smorgasbord of suck. He combines the corruption of Warren G. Harding, the warmongering of James Polk, and the abuse of power of Richard Nixon.

Nixon got in trouble for illegally wiretapping democratic headquarters. Bush is wiretapping the entire country.
Nixon opened up relations with the Chinese, Bush let them poison your dog.

Herbert Hoover, who was literally named after a machine that sucks, sat on his ass through four years of depression, but he was an actual engineer; and if someone had told him about global warming he would have gotten it before the penguins caught on fire.

Ulysses S. Grant let his cronies loot the republic, but he won his civil war.

Harding sucked, but he once said "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here"; so at least he knew he sucked. He never walked off stage the way Bush does after one of his embarrassing language-mangling press conferences with that smirk on his face as if to say "Nailed it!".

Or maybe that's just the look you get when you have a showdown with the Democrats and you win, like he just did with Iraq Spending. You don't get to become the Worst President Ever without a little help from the other side.

You know I like Jimmy Carter, but when the Republican Fake Outrage Machine pretended to be so upset at his remarks, Carter did what Democrats always do, and backed down. He said that his words were misquoted and they were poorly thought out and the sun was in his eye and he was molested by a clergyman; instead of looking them in the eye and saying "NO! I meant what I said because its TRUE; and speaking as the First Citizen of Habitat for Humanity, let me take out my Jimmy Carter Toolbox and build you a house, where we can meet, and you can BLOW ME".
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php...

“You don’t summit Bullshit Mountain unless you know your way around a turd or two.”— John Stewart
http://www.thedailycall.org/...
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#53 Oct 23, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
So you oppose representation for all minorities yet you support Obamacare and amnesty which the majority of Americans oppose. Sounds like you think it should be we the people who agree with you.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#54 Oct 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>So you oppose representation for all minorities yet you support Obamacare and amnesty which the majority of Americans oppose. Sounds like you think it should be we the people who agree with you.
This is the downside to living in the bubble. You only have access to the "news" your handlers feed you. Believe it or not we had an election last year where Obamacare was one of the main issues. Spoiler alert. Obama won with the largest margin of victory since Clinton beat Dole.

We the people chose Obama. Deal with it.

Location hidden

#55 Oct 23, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the downside to living in the bubble. You only have access to the "news" your handlers feed you. Believe it or not we had an election last year where Obamacare was one of the main issues. Spoiler alert. Obama won with the largest margin of victory since Clinton beat Dole.
We the people chose Obama. Deal with it.
You and project "ACORN"! the philosophy in Chicago, "vote early and vote often".
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#56 Oct 23, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
You and project "ACORN"! the philosophy in Chicago, "vote early and vote often".
That's it. Just keep mindlessly repeating what your handlers tell you to repeat.

Since: Jan 09

Stockton, CA

#57 Oct 23, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Impeach Obama, the worst president in US history. He can't even keep the government running.
LMAO!! You apparently don't know your history.

Stockton, CA

#58 Oct 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>So you oppose representation for all minorities yet you support Obamacare and amnesty which the majority of Americans oppose. Sounds like you think it should be we the people who agree with you.
Wait! You mean you want to be represented by a black man? Is this a recent ocurrance?

Stockton, CA

#59 Oct 23, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't blame the retards for sitting home, they are fed up with the childness of the radical GOP & T-tooters. That lesson wasn't lost on the left either by Romney's 47% of undesirables he intended to leave behind. You know, those people Bush & Romney pushed out into the streets, shipped their jobs to China & India & Iran with "out sourcing is a good thing." Yeah, those tax-takers.

Location hidden

#60 Oct 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. Just keep mindlessly repeating what your handlers tell you to repeat.
What handlers? I'm in Chicago, and have seen enough of this liberal garbage to last a lifetime. Unlike Democrats, I don't require someone to lead me, I'm an independent thinker, and an Independent politically as well.
carson

Atlanta, GA

#61 Oct 24, 2013
It is cheaper to deport illegals than support them. Deportation should be a one time cost. Allowing illegals to stay is cost for a lifetime.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#62 Oct 24, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
What handlers? I'm in Chicago, and have seen enough of this liberal garbage to last a lifetime. Unlike Democrats, I don't require someone to lead me, I'm an independent thinker, and an Independent politically as well.
Everybody on the right seems to be an independent. Strange that they always move in lock step though.

Why is it that you are always repeating things you hear from opiate addicts on the radio and Arab princes on TV?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#63 Oct 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody on the right seems to be an independent. Strange that they always move in lock step though.
Why is it that you are always repeating things you hear from opiate addicts on the radio and Arab princes on TV?
Everybody on the LEFT seems to be child molesters...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min ChristineM 9,511
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,252,545
Time to go? 4 min Go Blue Forever 900
News Bristol Palin announces she's pregnant for seco... 4 min Butters 55
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min messianic114 169,085
News Clinton says Puerto Rico should have access to ... 5 min Le Jimbo 6
News Don't forget about the candidates; 2016 is comi... 8 min Le Jimbo 5
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 9 min Memo From Turner 132
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 1 hr Redeemed 159
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr NTR1 333,352
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr HILLARY 2016 186,667
More from around the web