Obama, Boehner discuss 'fiscal cliff'...

Obama, Boehner discuss 'fiscal cliff' stalemate

There are 48 comments on the CBS Atlanta story from Dec 10, 2012, titled Obama, Boehner discuss 'fiscal cliff' stalemate. In it, CBS Atlanta reports that:

Two-thirds of the world's population will live in cities by 2030. Most people will be middle class, connected by technology, protected by advanced health care and linked by countries that work together, perhaps... Two-thirds of the world's population will live in cities by 2030.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Atlanta.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2012
It is NOT a fiscal cliff.

A small increase in taxes, coupled with a decrease in government spending is RESPONSIBLE government.

Calling it a 'cliff' is causing more excitment than saying what is REALLY IS: that the government is attempting to live within its means.

The government should do what EVERY AMERICAN is already doing ... trying to earn more money, while attempting to cut back on spending.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Okay, so we rather have a mean and lean Gov’t than a bloated one but how about attacking the real culprits?
http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/ite...
Osama Obama

South Mountain, PA

#3 Dec 10, 2012
The more they take the more they waste period.It will never be enough.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Get 'er going Boehner. 2014 and 2016 are looking at you cons, and not liking what is seen and ready to give super majorities to the Democrats and another minority President.

Good luck with being racist and trying not to show it and trying to transfer it to Democrats as the ones being racist. It wasn't bought in 2012 and won't be bought in 2014 and 2016.

You stay clueless, and have yo sef a nice day, you heuh.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Republicans have learned that they can vote themselves money from the public kitty and they intend to keep spending by giving more and more of it to the ultra-rich and themselves while taking more and more from the middle-class.
ronone

Masontown, PA

#6 Dec 10, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …… Our Goverment at Work
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Republicans have learned that they can vote themselves money from the public kitty and they intend to keep spending by giving more and more of it to the ultra-rich and themselves while taking more and more from the middle-class.
And likewise, the Democrats have learned they can vote themselves money from the public kitty, pass it around to the non-working, poor and guarantee themselves re-election.

Freebies builds loyalty and guarantees future reliance on the government for their basic needs.
Frankly

Auburn, AL

#8 Dec 10, 2012
Nothing anyone can do but just wait for it all to come crashing down.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
And likewise, the Democrats have learned they can vote themselves money from the public kitty, pass it around to the non-working, poor and guarantee themselves re-election.
Freebies builds loyalty and guarantees future reliance on the government for their basic needs.
==========
Yes, but social welfare is a much better deal for society. It is cheaper than corporate welfare and it helps keep crime down so working people can live in some semblance of peace and are not as victimized by those kind of people you mentioned.

Corporations keep the welfare and don't invest it therefore not creating jobs and making society better, especially those who buy millions of acres and don't produce any product nor create a single job but get billions to not grow crops on the land.

Corporations love their welfare because most don't know how to see it for what it is and instead target social welfare when it is not a piss in the ocean compared to corporate welfare.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
It is NOT a fiscal cliff.
The government should do what EVERY AMERICAN is already doing ... trying to earn more money, while attempting to cut back on spending.
.
most people don't have the means to make more money unless they have the time and availability for a second or third job.

if the govt had to live like obamas 'folks' he talks about, they would have to not spend more than they make. real people do NOT have the luxury of just mugging people for more cash without legal repercussion. gubbmint can steal at will, borrow way past their limit (try charging on your topped out card) plus not have a budget for 4 years. bams just wants that open charge card and making the people pay more so he can just pay the interest on his 16trillion debt every month.

remember 4 yrs ago when credit card default was at an alltime high and obama told people to live within their means ? plus not waste money on vacations to las vegas ? obama, the do as I say not as I do pompous asz.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#11 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
most people don't have the means to make more money unless they have the time and availability for a second or third job.
if the govt had to live like obamas 'folks' he talks about, they would have to not spend more than they make. real people do NOT have the luxury of just mugging people for more cash without legal repercussion. gubbmint can steal at will, borrow way past their limit (try charging on your topped out card) plus not have a budget for 4 years. bams just wants that open charge card and making the people pay more so he can just pay the interest on his 16trillion debt every month.
remember 4 yrs ago when credit card default was at an alltime high and obama told people to live within their means ? plus not waste money on vacations to las vegas ? obama, the do as I say not as I do pompous asz.
Yes, it is true that that "the government can steal (tax) at will".

It has been said that government taxation is a form of VIOLENCE against its own people.

[Demanding citizens release a portion of the 'fruits of THEIR labor' to the government to do as they please. It's like the government giving itself the authority to steal from your wallet.)

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Beohner begging..."PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING...you know we repubs can't keep fooling the sheep. They will see we are preventing 98% OF AMERICANS from seeing THEIR taxes go up, just so we can get the Top 2% their Bush tax cut!"

Pres Obama doing what he did last term, offering a compromise...until he saw McConnel and Beohner were serious about doing whatever they could to get a repub in the Oval Office in 2012 Election.

Now Boehner wants compromise. LOL

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is true that that "the government can steal (tax) at will".
It has been said that government taxation is a form of VIOLENCE against its own people.
[Demanding citizens release a portion of the 'fruits of THEIR labor' to the government to do as they please. It's like the government giving itself the authority to steal from your wallet.)
Actually, every one of the "Founding Fathers" accepted and incorporated taxes into our system of government.

The issue against taxes was "Taxing WITHOUT representation". They were not against taxing.

Just the opposite, they realized a system of taxing, with representation, is needed to support the needs of the new nation.

Based on your comments, how would the Federal Gov pay debts, support a military, and pay our representatives?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#14 Dec 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
.
most people don't have the means to make more money unless they have the time and availability for a second or third job.
if the govt had to live like obamas 'folks' he talks about, they would have to not spend more than they make. real people do NOT have the luxury of just mugging people for more cash without legal repercussion. gubbmint can steal at will, borrow way past their limit (try charging on your topped out card) plus not have a budget for 4 years. bams just wants that open charge card and making the people pay more so he can just pay the interest on his 16trillion debt every month.
remember 4 yrs ago when credit card default was at an alltime high and obama told people to live within their means ? plus not waste money on vacations to las vegas ? obama, the do as I say not as I do pompous asz.
Didnt repubs get us into this mess? You think credit card defaults you mentioned "4 years ago" didn't build to that point prior to Pres Obama being in office?

I seem to remember we were in such bad shape we gave 700 Billion to GoldmanSachs with no requirement to repay...and they didnt. That was under Dubya. The when we gave a LOAN WITH A REQURIEMENT TO REPAY under Pres Obama. And they did...and the gov made money on the deal.

Seriously, you repubs make me shake my head in amazement when you act like we should listen to repub theories that ruined the country after 8 years of your nation-building spending in other countries...on borrowed funds.

And you lack of controls on Wall St. caused Bush to say.....

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

You may have a short memory, but America doesn't.
2 posts removed
A Nnoyed

Tonbridge, UK

#17 Dec 10, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt repubs get us into this mess?
I still can't understand how the Republicans are to blame for technology, increased communications, and advancements in global logistics making Asia a dominant force.

Political allegiance seems to blind people people to reality. This started in the 1960s, maybe 50s and just grew and grew. Technology sped the process up.

Unintended consequences of progress.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#18 Dec 10, 2012
A Nnoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't understand how the Republicans are to blame for technology, increased communications, and advancements in global logistics making Asia a dominant force.
Political allegiance seems to blind people people to reality. This started in the 1960s, maybe 50s and just grew and grew. Technology sped the process up.
Unintended consequences of progress.
Sorry, but didn't follow that. I remember we had a surplus under Clinton and it was trashed under Bush policy and repub need to nation-build in Iraq while not being able to pay for it without borrowing from China.

Progress does not call for failure. Just the opposite. Progress should help us learn how not to fail.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#19 Dec 10, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
And likewise, the Democrats have learned they can vote themselves money from the public kitty, pass it around to the non-working, poor and guarantee themselves re-election.
Freebies builds loyalty and guarantees future reliance on the government for their basic needs.
You mean like farm subsidies...which have been going on long before food stamps every came about. But who's counting.

We're just basing this off emotions right?

Show me the farmers who are demanding the gov stop subsidizing their businesses. I'll wait.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#20 Dec 10, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Good luck with being racist and trying not to show it and trying to transfer it to Democrats as the ones being racist. It wasn't bought in 2012 and won't be bought in 2014 and 2016.
You can cry racism all you want (the only Democrats have).
.
The people who make the economy work will make the final call.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#21 Dec 10, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Corporations love their welfare because most don't know how to see it for what it is and instead target social welfare when it is not a piss in the ocean compared to corporate welfare.
Maybe you need to look at the federal budget before you offer such opinions.
.
It is from the taxes paid by people who do work that allows for the money used to let Obama jet around the country making speeches instead of doing real work.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#22 Dec 10, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt repubs get us into this mess? You think credit card defaults you mentioned "4 years ago" didn't build to that point prior to Pres Obama being in office?
Rick Santorum always took a little amusement when he spoke of how Senator Barack Obama helped block Republican efforts to prevent the 2008 crash from happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Comey fired as FBI director 2 min Lawrence Wolf 2,543
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,534,995
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Frankie Rizzo 25,609
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Buck Crick 2,362
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min RussianrepubliCONS 269,868
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min District 1 240,869
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min cpeter1313 314,326
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 53 min Lawrence Wolf 145
More from around the web