Immigration bill passes first early t...

Immigration bill passes first early test in Senate

There are 10 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 9, 2013, titled Immigration bill passes first early test in Senate. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, speaks during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on immigrant women and immigration reform on Capitol Hill in Washington, Monday, March 18, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 May 9, 2013
Even the clowns in the Senate have had and will have to argue 300 amendment's to the original bill. And believe me, the sum total cost will impale any passage by the House. But they're really a naive bunch of old farts because their are 20 million or more and most won't even qualify at all. What a joke. I think a partial group of talented Asians and high School grads that have been here a while...maybe?????
see the light

El Paso, TX

#2 May 9, 2013
What makes those idiot Dems. think those illegals will pay. They snuck over and most collect Welfare. You really think those roaches are goin to pay or start to follow laws? haha
Gmc Jimmy

Glen Ellyn, IL

#3 May 9, 2013
29.5% of US businesses started in 2010 were started by immigrants. Enough said.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 May 9, 2013
Gmc Jimmy wrote:
How many of those businesses were started by illegal aliens?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#5 May 9, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those businesses were started by illegal aliens?
Be fair, I guess Illegals could start businesses, after they save some Welfare checks.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#6 May 9, 2013
The real fun starts when the bill hits the House.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#7 May 9, 2013
Gmc Jimmy wrote:
If you were to walk down a street in Bangkok, every 2 feet there's a business, so what? If immigrants were so productive, why are they here? Why can't they do this in their country? They are here for the handouts.

If they are starting so many businesses why are so many Americans still out of work? These businesses are not the kind that are providing a middle class wage.
1 post removed

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9 May 10, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Be fair, I guess Illegals could start businesses, after they save some Welfare checks.
selling tacos bought with food stamps businesses started with drug or other criminal activities along with help from traitors in gov.

look at the horse ranch finally bushed being ran by cartels,they could not have done it without gov help and looking the other way.
1 post removed
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 May 10, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
selling tacos bought with food stamps businesses started with drug or other criminal activities along with help from traitors in gov.
look at the horse ranch finally bushed being ran by cartels,they could not have done it without gov help and looking the other way.
I watched a video of an illegal alien women that worked out of a storage unit in Los Angelos selling fake brand name purses and tennis shoes. She got busted and deported. But the point is. They may start little business's, but they don't or won't pay one dime in tax or do it legally. Anything they can find to do illegally, they do. Go to a swap meet some day. That money goes straight to Mexico, not this Country.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 May 10, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>I watched a video of an illegal alien women that worked out of a storage unit in Los Angelos selling fake brand name purses and tennis shoes. She got busted and deported. But the point is. They may start little business's, but they don't or won't pay one dime in tax or do it legally. Anything they can find to do illegally, they do. Go to a swap meet some day. That money goes straight to Mexico, not this Country.
i lived by a group who sold chips and corn off carts,he was able to buy 2 houses with that cash. like those who sell tamales is big business,having a few people cooking,each of the ice chests hold over 100 bux worth when they run out they call and more is brought.thousands a day in cash untaxes,thes efolks are not going to pay taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Maria 31,104
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Truth is might 222,759
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 9 min Quirky 1,298
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Quirky 242,613
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,601,746
News Trump, in new dig, mocks North Korea leader as ... 2 hr poi pounder 91
News President Trump visits Huntsville in support of... 2 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr russianrepukes 289,179
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr cpeter1313 9,968
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 6 hr MeowMix 80
More from around the web