Democrats find living on minimum wage...

Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough

There are 493 comments on the USA Today story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough. In it, USA Today reports that:

Former Ohio governor Ted Strickland ran out of money and walked instead of taking taxis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Yep2

Roy, WA

#198 Jul 31, 2014
The only currently operating Ford plants in Mexico:

Chihuahua
Hermosillo

All others have either closed or are inactive.

BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI
1 post removed
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#200 Jul 31, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Could you be more WACKY???
Could you answer the question????
Cat74

Des Plaines, IL

#201 Jul 31, 2014
No, we are not going to subsidize healthy people. They can take 2 jobs, or get an education, or be trained for a job that pays their standard of living. This is insane. Every time I think the Democrats cannot find another reason to pick the pockets of the productive people in America, damned if they don't find another group to pay off for their votes.
1 post removed

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#203 Aug 1, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Global tensions, plus Congress went on vacation, without doing anything on immigration crisis.....it will even out....
Correction, the Senate went on vacation........not the House. Of course Reid has been on vacation setting on bills for three years now........of course at Obama's orders.

Paris

#204 Aug 1, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
What, like Blue Diamond Truck Plant in Escobedo General, Nuevo León, Mexico? Or Chihuahua Engine Plant in Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico? Or Cuautitlan Assembly Plant in Cuautitlán-Izcalli, Mexico? Or Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly Plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico? Or the IMMSA, Nuevo Leon, Mexico?
;)
It only counts if their open wood tick.

Paris

#205 Aug 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you answer the question????
They can't. That's the fact of the matter. They are like dumb fish caught in gill nets and know they are dying, and can't do anything about it.

ILLEGALS GET SUITES WITH FLAT-SCREEN TVS...

SHOCK POLL: GOP Standing Strong Against Illegal Immigration More Important Than Benghazi, Repealing Obamacare...
Justin

United States

#206 Aug 1, 2014
californio wrote:
The article stated after housing and taxes they had $77 a week to spend and they could not live on that. All I can say is no wonder our country is in debt if they dont know how to Stretch out $77 a week to live off. I could and will gladly tell anyone who has to how to survive and budget that.
I pay a Mexican guy $40 to mow my lawn, which takes him about an hour to complete. That's about how much an American working at McDonalds takes home after taxes for an entire shift. The problem is that Gen-Y Americans are dumb as dirt and lazier than a opposum.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#207 Aug 1, 2014
If they think that the minimum wage is bad, they should try living on social security.

Doesn't social security pay around $1,000-$1,200/month??

Well, these guys who tried to live on minimum wage won't have to worry.

They have their government funded retirement plans when they retire.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#208 Aug 1, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
No, we are not going to subsidize healthy people.
You are right, why should we pay for those healthy workers whose companies do not pay them a living wage?
1 post removed
foster

Ashburn, VA

#210 Aug 1, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see-
The dollar inflated from $1.00 to $1.11 - that's 11% inflation.
What is that - an omen?
Over 6 years
Thats not extraordinary inflation, nor is it 2% inflation per year. Are you stating other wise, again? Stop defending the indefensible. You were parroting nonsence from your propaganda source.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#211 Aug 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you trying to kid?
Who processes this raw material you speak of? Who packages it and ships it to the manufacturer? Who picks up this material and delivers it? Who unpacks the material and prepares it for production?
All and any costs get charged indirectly to the consumer. We all pay for these increased costs when we purchase a product or service. When you increase minimum wage, we pay for it. When you tax those big evil companies, we pay for it. When you force new expensive EPA regulations on a company, we pay for it.
We consumers pay for everything, it's just that it's not itemized on the product you buy.
No, wages arent a factor in the cost of raw material. What is the labor cost of a tree?
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#212 Aug 1, 2014
I was beginning to wonder if foster ran away to join the circus.

Or maybe moved to Mexico to work for Ford.

Or got put to death for sedition.
Righteous

Miami, FL

#213 Aug 1, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wages arent a factor in the cost of raw material. What is the labor cost of a tree?
depends on who planted it??????????
Righteous

Miami, FL

#214 Aug 1, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
I was beginning to wonder if foster ran away to join the circus.
Or maybe moved to Mexico to work for Ford.
Or got put to death for sedition.
I quess recess is over..........
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#215 Aug 1, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 6 years
Thats not extraordinary inflation, nor is it 2% inflation per year. Are you stating other wise, again? Stop defending the indefensible. You were parroting nonsence from your propaganda source.
I'd call a 20% food cost increase in less than 3 years inflationary.

In 6 years that would be a 40% increase in food costs.

Keep selling your ghost stories to people who actually pay for their food.

I bet you stuff your face on mom and dad's dime.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#216 Aug 1, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll be back when he gets gassed.
Like he was yesterday - Posse Comituat - Posse Comituta - Guards firing in women nationalized Bamks etc etc.
Still struggling to walk back your insane Perry Posse Comituta statement? After seeming so sure, ROFL
foster

Ashburn, VA

#217 Aug 1, 2014
Posse Comituta was enached to remove Federal Troops from the states ending reconstruction in 1878. Thats why Perry could not direct them to enforce the law.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#218 Aug 1, 2014
The Labor Cost of A Tree

>buy the land the tree grows on

>irrigation

>trimming and pest control

I know my trees are damn expensive to keep healthy.

If I don't it costs $600 to get it removed before a limb goes through my roof or lands on a kid.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#219 Aug 1, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Let the states settle the minimum wage, at least it will end up higher, than if Congress just did their job.....another lose-lose for the GOP.....
At every point in history State Houses will violate citizen rights guranteed by the US Constitution. They can never be the last word

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#220 Aug 1, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay a Mexican guy $40 to mow my lawn, which takes him about an hour to complete. That's about how much an American working at McDonalds takes home after taxes for an entire shift. The problem is that Gen-Y Americans are dumb as dirt and lazier than a opposum.
Well since according to Liberals the economy is doing so well, no one should be working at minimun wage jobs, they should quit and find a better paying job since there are now so many Jobs out there begging for workers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,418,887
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Coffee Party 393,274
News Governor's order seeks to make Minnesota more b... 8 min gwww 5
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min abc 7,739
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min syamsu 204,967
News Hillary Clinton is exploring the outer limits o... 14 min tumbleweed 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Coffee Party 222,486
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Frankendrumpf 239,446
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 8 hr asd 341
More from around the web