Sperling: 'Grand' Deal on Deficit Pos...

Sperling: 'Grand' Deal on Deficit Possible After Election

There are 45 comments on the The Wall Street Journal story from Jun 26, 2012, titled Sperling: 'Grand' Deal on Deficit Possible After Election. In it, The Wall Street Journal reports that:

A top White House economic adviser said Tuesday he was hopeful an agreement to tackle the country's fiscal deficit could be reached with Republicans after the November election, saying lawmakers weren't likely to make major concessions - at least not publicly -before voters headed to the polls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wall Street Journal.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#27 Jun 27, 2012
This would be funny, except it's not! Blaming the GOP for the deficit?

This from the administration that increased the debt in 3 1/2 years as much as Bush increased it in 8 years? This president increased the national debt to 99.7% of our GDP!

Another year of this administration and we'll be going bankrupt alongside cities in the USA that are already upside down.
Gravediggers

Bakersfield, CA

#28 Jun 27, 2012
The only person who has FAILED to UNITE, WORK TOGETHER with Republicans- who were voted into office in 2010,(you know, that 'shellacking' quote, unquote); is President Obama.

Millions spoke in 2010 and the President demonstrated his INability to work and compromise.

Dr. Krauthammer was right when he called Obama a narcissist.

Obama is unbalanced and rigid. We can't function as a nation when leadership is unbending.

Mitt Romney will work to unite this country.

Obama's past history indicates there is no room for compromise-it's ALL his way, or no way.

Time for Obama to go in NOvember.
Cat74

United States

#29 Jun 27, 2012
Oh please. No one believes Sandusky is better then the President of the U S. They wrote that to make you jump up, and down like a monkey in a cage, and you obliged them. The President does have many shortcomings, not the least of which is his arrogance.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#30 Jun 27, 2012
"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

<sigh>

Always another promise of what can be done LATER!

secure the boarders
lower the debt
balance the budget
reign in federal spending
Obamacare

Is this the 'hope' or the 'change'?
1 post removed

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#32 Jun 27, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Oh please. No one believes Sandusky is better then the President of the U S. They wrote that to make you jump up, and down like a monkey in a cage, and you obliged them. The President does have many shortcomings, not the least of which is his arrogance.

You picked up on that right away while the Democrat loon is still bouncing off the walls of his cage and howling like a monkey. I do like comparing Sandusky to Obama though. It makes for "Spirited" debate.-_-

Frankston, TX

#33 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
The deficit will never be paid down so long as the RINO party have pledged their allegiance to Grover Norquist. Spend spend spend coupled with tax cuts (the RINO fiscal policy) will bankrupt this country.
http://www.redheadranting.com/wp-content/uplo...
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#34 Jun 27, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Why lie Cat? It's right there:

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T3VIR5...
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#35 Jun 27, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You picked up on that right away while the Democrat loon is still bouncing off the walls of his cage and howling like a monkey. I do like comparing Sandusky to Obama though. It makes for "Spirited" debate.-_-
You're a disgusting POS who believes a pedophile Sandusky who rapes little boys is a better man than the President of the United States.

I've read and seen many offensive posts over the years on topix...but you have certainly outdid yourself. You disgust us and any decent human being (except for Cat74 apparently) beyond just politics.
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#36 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Anyone who isn't offended by your comment about Sandusky is not decent human being. You who holds the rape of little at a higher regard than the President of the United States. You're filth.

Frankston, TX

#37 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
we are fully aware that the GOPTEA and the 1% are doing all they can to tank the economy just to win an election.
By November here is what the American people will remember after the G-roup O-f P-olitical T-erroristic E-uropean A-merican birthers took over the house.
1) They shifted focus from jobs and the economy to defending DOMA.
2) They almost pushed us into a government shutdown.
3) They pushed us into a credit downgrade.
4) They fought to kill medicare and medicaid.
5) They held our payroll tax cuts hostage for a pipeline.
6) But they sure fought vehemently for those top 1% wealthy people.
All at the expense of the economy and the middle and working class. The people who will be most hurt by GOPTEA obstructionism are the working middle class. The rich 1% would hardly notice a dent. Which is why Rich Money Boehnor could care less.
It's time to fire Speaker Downgrade Boehner and the RINO he rode in on!
They tried to de-fund Obamacare - the biggest job killer there ever is.
They fought the democrats to include fiscal responsibility in any new spending plans.
The democrats - not wanting to give up any of their precious programs stopped the republicans from passing any spending cuts, thus creating the showdown over the debt limit.
They did not fight to KILL medicare/Medicaid (that's a demo-speak talking point) They actually tried to make it fiscally sound.
Most Republicans are normal everyday folk - not the top 1%(there's a lot of democrats in that bunch - The Republicans want the democrats to stop picking the pockets of those top 1% and giving it away to their voting base!
You know - the ones who work for ACORN (renamed)

We fired the worst speaker in 2010, she won't be back anytime soon.

Nobama
First President to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the United States .
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico ..
First President to defy a Federal Judges court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on shovel-ready jobs and later admit there was no such thing as shovel-ready jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.

The credit rating down grade was due to the massive failures of CRA, fannie/freddie and the massive problems they caused. Dem policies.
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#38 Jun 27, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
They wrote that to make you jump up, and down like a monkey in a cage, and you obliged them.
So you're saying the Laughing Loon is and internet troll who spams and doesn't mean what he/she says? No, I disagree....

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#39 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who isn't offended by your comment about Sandusky is not decent human being. You who holds the rape of little at a higher regard than the President of the United States. You're filth.

I enjoy comparing Obama to Sandusky so let's go over their records:

1. Obama Assassinates/Kills US Citizens. Sandusky is a rotten pedophile taking advantage of little boys.

While Both are Despicable Crimes & people: MURDER is a HIGHER CRIME.

2. The People Obama Murder will not be coming back and were summarily denied their Day In Court by the Judge/Jury/Executioner Obama. Sandusky had to face his accusers and now will spend the rest of his life in prison. The same fate should befall Obama.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#40 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying the Laughing Loon is and internet troll who spams and doesn't mean what he/she says? No, I disagree....

LOL! I'm giving you a free lesson in the Constitution and Principles in general. You seem to have none so getting through to you is nearly impossible.

Would you like to continue comparing the Murderous Obama with the Pedo-Sandusky?

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#41 Jun 27, 2012

The Obama Legacy continues: Stockton, CA files for Bankrupcty

Stockton bankruptcy:'All that's left is sadness' for city

June 27, 2012

With the city of Stockton moving to become the nation's largest city to seek protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Tuesday night's City Council meeting was quiet, with an evident sadness on faces in the packed chambers.

Many residents said they were there mostly to hear for themselves that the day so long expected had finally come.

For at least a moment, blame and anger seemed to be set aside.

"All that's left is sadness," said Gary Gillis, who said he lived his boyhood dream by becoming fire chief in his hometown. "Stockton has the most good, solid, down-to-earth people you'll ever meet. And now things are going to get even harder for many of them."

The working-class port city -- from where many of California's agricultural exports set sail -- lived largely on credit during economic boom times. The city borrowed millions of dollars for ambitious, eye-catching projects in the mid-2000s. Up went a sports arena, hotel and promenade. The city booked a Neil Diamond concert as a kickoff to better times. Houses in sprawling tracts sold quickly and with high mortgages.

When the bust came, few places fell as hard as Stockton. It has the second-highest rate of foreclosures in the nation. Property tax money dried up.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06...
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#42 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL! I'm giving you a free lesson in the Constitution and Principles in general. You seem to have none so getting through to you is nearly impossible.
Would you like to continue comparing the Murderous Obama with the Pedo-Sandusky?
You're free to declare that you believe a pedophile like Sandusky is a better man than the President of the United States of America.

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't need a constitutionality lesson from a pedo-sympathizer. And I am free to declare that you are a disgusting POS.
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#43 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
1. Obama Assassinates/Kills US Citizens. Sandusky is a rotten pedophile taking advantage of little boys.
2. The People Obama Murder will not be coming back and were summarily denied their Day In Court by the Judge/Jury/Executioner Obama. Sandusky had to face his accusers and now will spend the rest of his life in prison. The same fate should befall Obama.
Why lie? You're not comparing. You hold Sandusky to a higher regard:

The Laughing Loon: "There's not a more disgusting person than Obama Hussein...Jerry Sandusky included. At least the pedofile didn't Assassinate US Citizens like the faux Messiah Obama. "

You're a disgusting POS and your opinions mean sh**. Anyone who isn't offended by your comment is no decent human being. These were innocent little boys. I'd trust their care in the hands of President Obama or Bush more than Sandusky. You on the otherhand....

“Truth to Power!”

Powhatan, VA

#44 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
The Laughing Loon: "There's not a more disgusting person than Obama Hussein...Jerry Sandusky included. At least the pedofile didn't Assassinate US Citizens like the faux Messiah Obama. "
You're a disgusting POS and your opinions mean sh**. Anyone who isn't offended by your comment is no decent human being. These were innocent little boys. I'd trust their care in the hands of President Obama or Bush more than Sandusky. You on the otherhand....

2. The People Obama Murder will not be coming back and were summarily denied their Day In Court by the Judge/Jury/Executioner Obama. Sandusky had to face his accusers and now will spend the rest of his life in prison.

The same fate should befall Obama.

Would you like to defend Obama's Criminal activity?

“Truth to Power!”

Powhatan, VA

#45 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
You're free to declare that you believe a pedophile like Sandusky is a better man than the President of the United States of America.
You are entitled to your opinion. I don't need a constitutionality lesson from a pedo-sympathizer. And I am free to declare that you are a disgusting POS.

The job you have certainly has No Bearing on whether you're a criminal or not dummy. Try to lay off the booze for a few hours. We don't have Royalty to worship although you seem to want to suckle on lord Obama. LOL!

1 post removed
Ex-GOP Con

Columbia, SC

#47 Jun 27, 2012
<quoted text>
2. The People Obama Murder will not be coming back and were summarily denied their Day In Court by the Judge/Jury/Executioner Obama. Sandusky had to face his accusers and now will spend the rest of his life in prison.
The same fate should befall Obama.
Would you like to defend Obama's Criminal activity?

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#48 Jun 27, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>

Your frontal lobotomy has taken its toll on your reading comprehension my friend.

Let me make this a little easier for you: I Don't Hold Criminals in "High Regard." Both Sandusky and Obama are Criminals. Obama committed "Capital Crimes" (Murder) while Sandusky did Not.

Bottom Line": They're both rotten, criminal SOB's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 1 min Retribution 262
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Guest 1,521,332
News Obama meets with at-risk youth ahead of Chicago... 4 min Retribution 35
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 25 min No Surprise 5,586
News Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to releas... 25 min District10 299
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 34 min inbred Genius 1,521
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 38 min silly rabbit 313,939
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 59 min WOW 265,086
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 59 min kuda 148
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 1 hr WEDONTKNOW 48
More from around the web