In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Apr 12

Lansdale, PA

#11860 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to cut in but your RNA is H.O.R.S.E. C.R.A.P.!
No, it is not. RNA is short for Ribonucleic acid. It is not "H.O.R.S.E. C.R.A.P.". What a ridiculous thing to say!

Lansdale, PA

#11861 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>yeah typical response from the science community ...anything that based on human sense is where science goes wrong...I live by faith not by sense as sense can be flawed and faith is perfect when done Gods way and not interpreted by the believer...bet that just flew over your head!
Go back to your Science books and try to make sense of faith...ya dunce!
You live by the myths created by ancient people when they didnt know much about anything. I live by the knowledge created by modern humans in their pursuit of study of the natural world around us.
Go back to your Great Poof theory and dont bother us.

Lansdale, PA

#11862 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic is not an atheist.
What about an agnostic atheist?

In case you didn't know, Agnosticism/Gnosticism is about KNOWLEDGE and Atheism/Theism is about BELIEF.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#11863 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who brought it up, darling, and the horrendous time in "British" history - as you say- was brought on by the occupation of Ireland by the "British".
I did not say it wasnít, BTW northern Ireland is part of the united kingdom so itís in with the bits you selectively omit when you make claims of state religions.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11864 May 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because creatards can't explain them. Wait until Higgs Boson gets figured out, that will be a huge resent discovery, for the creatards. We don't resent discoveries though.
Dang, yer funny! What, exactly, do you think manifesting the Higgs-Boson would prove?

XD

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#11865 May 29, 2012
Aye scallywags!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11866 May 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say it wasnít, BTW northern Ireland is part of the united kingdom so itís in with the bits you selectively omit when you make claims of state religions.
Are you daft?

YOU brought up Northern Ireland, and being "part" of the UK is why they have The Troubles.

And I have been absolutely accurate re: state religion in the UK. One religious denomination is formally recognized and given a privileged status, the "established" church of UK:the Church of England or Anglican Church.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11867 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you ignore me twenty times a day.
Here's a thought: ignore me in complete silence!
Wow! that would really spin my wheels.
I know: show this thread where I blamed Obama for the current unemployment and I will ignore you and all your posts forever.
Until then...STFU.
Aaw, are you feeling left out of the adult conversations again. One day you'll be old enough to join, for now get back to the kiddy table and eat your peas.

Location hidden

#11868 May 29, 2012
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about an agnostic atheist?
I prefer to use English. You like oxymorons.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11869 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid ho, you lying stupid ho... please you show everyone in this thread were I blamed Obama for the unemployment.
I call you out (again) for the liar you are.
Do show everyone- post the quote- where I blamed Obama for the unemployment.
Well, if you'd stop paying her for it, maybe she'll stop screwing you ....

I forgot a word in there. She can add it.
Hey Pal

Madison, WI

#11870 May 29, 2012
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've brought a spoon to a battle of wits. Better luck next time.
No I brought the sword of the Bible...it's all the love of Christ...Not about me...your way outta the ball park far left of center!
Go Brewer's! and come fall Go Pack Go
And Go Badgers!
1 post removed

Location hidden

#11872 May 29, 2012
rpk58 wrote:
In case you didn't know, Agnosticism/Gnosticism is about KNOWLEDGE and Atheism/Theism is about BELIEF.
If you follow the thread you will find that KrustOdor is the some who said tat agnostic/atheist were "technically" the same.

Not me.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11873 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Are you being serious or just making fun of my faith?
Although your faith is laughable, I think he's being serious.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11874 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow the thread you will find that KrustOdor is the some who said tat agnostic/atheist were "technically" the same.
Not me.
Funny, you keep making this completely false claim, yet you cannot show where I did. Of course they already know you're lying, but come on, where's your proof? At least try to prove your assertions, it's fun swatting at them like tiny balls of yarn unraveling quickly.

Lansdale, PA

#11875 May 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you still here?
For the same reason as you are?
Hey Pal

Madison, WI

#11876 May 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What are these "signs of the end?"
Prove it to yourself..go read Matthew 24 for your self...and because your not a christian you will scratch you head and still not know the true meaning of Christ's words...it requires a person to be Born Again to Receive Christ as Lord and then and only then can a person receive the Holy Spirit...who give clarification of God Word...This requires time alone in meditation and pray and much patience...Many read Gods word and well most end up like your self because they want there cake now...well God don't work as a waitress to serve you your cake now...God will give you understanding but one must be sincere as a believer in Christ and know that in time Gods words in Scripture will make knowledge and wisdom...but not as the world knows knowledge!
This is Spiritual Wisdom...a much higher plain of knowledge for the Believer's life to protect and bring fulfillment in the believer's life!
I could continue to quote scripture to you but your carnal mind can not comprehend what is meant for only the believer to know...this is why there is a very strong delusion and persuasion from Satan on those who are not saved!
I only wish your life the very best...but faith come only by hearing the word of God and I'm sorry to say you have rejected not me but Christ every time I have given you Scripture to read.
You ask for proof..but your like the pharisees who were the elect of there day and they were blind wolves of there day.
Your not in the same boat as they are...but you reject the very truth of Gods own Son Christ Jesus...all because you have not seen or known Gods love for your life...but today you could simply just except Christ and receive him in prayer and then also ask to receive the Holy Spirit...Won't you please reconsider today?

Location hidden

#11877 May 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaw, are you feeling left out of the adult conversations again.
Ahhh... you are stuck pretending you didn't say something and I have quoted you exactly a dozen times... maybe someday you will start eating at the table instead of the bowl over in the corner?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11878 May 29, 2012
Hey Pal wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it to yourself..go read Matthew 24 for your self...and because your not a christian you will scratch you head and still not know the true meaning of Christ's words...it requires a person to be Born Again to Receive Christ as Lord and then and only then can a person receive the Holy Spirit...who give clarification of God Word...This requires time alone in meditation and pray and much patience...Many read Gods word and well most end up like your self because they want there cake now...well God don't work as a waitress to serve you your cake now...God will give you understanding but one must be sincere as a believer in Christ and know that in time Gods words in Scripture will make knowledge and wisdom...but not as the world knows knowledge!
This is Spiritual Wisdom...a much higher plain of knowledge for the Believer's life to protect and bring fulfillment in the believer's life!
I could continue to quote scripture to you but your carnal mind can not comprehend what is meant for only the believer to know...this is why there is a very strong delusion and persuasion from Satan on those who are not saved!
I only wish your life the very best...but faith come only by hearing the word of God and I'm sorry to say you have rejected not me but Christ every time I have given you Scripture to read.
You ask for proof..but your like the pharisees who were the elect of there day and they were blind wolves of there day.
Your not in the same boat as they are...but you reject the very truth of Gods own Son Christ Jesus...all because you have not seen or known Gods love for your life...but today you could simply just except Christ and receive him in prayer and then also ask to receive the Holy Spirit...Won't you please reconsider today?
No, I want you to list these "signs" so I can address them one by one and show you that they are not signs of anything but the human capacity to use perfectly normal events to make you believe anything, it's how John Edwards works, the "psychic" guy.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11879 May 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh... you are stuck pretending you didn't say something and I have quoted you exactly a dozen times... maybe someday you will start eating at the table instead of the bowl over in the corner?
Still have not seen you prove I said they were the same thing. Are you broken again? Here, let me fix you ... wait naw, I like you broken, you're at least less redundant.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11880 May 29, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>... The people who claim to be his followers are the problem.
You consider them a "problem" to be solved? How are they an impediment to your existence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,659,256
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min cpeter1313 14,997
News Trump slams FBI chiefs while vowing he's - more... 6 min spud 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Bongo 47,210
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 min Mothra 37,512
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 15 min con 1,673
News Female candidate quits Kansas race over 2005 ha... 26 min See The Light 12
News Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of... 4 hr Red Crosse 297
More from around the web