In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#10763 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey: you can tell me you don't know the difference between an agnostic and atheist. You have already made it clear you don't.
I have repeatedly given you cited referenced that you are wrong.

You inability to deal with that is either inability to learn or purposeful lying. I don't care which, either way you have displayed everything that is wrong with religion.

I try to be patient with stupidity, but not with people like you who seem so proud of it.

And I don't feed the trolls, take what ever shot you want, I'm done with you.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#10764 May 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll see a lot of that from him now.
Yup. He's crazy.

Some stable somewhere

#10765 May 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
barefoot has no integrity whatsoever.
He's on his own on this thread with his off-the-wall assertions.
He's made his lack of integrity quite plain.

Some stable somewhere

#10766 May 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's him in a nutshell.
Honorary fundie, indeed.
Is he a secret fundie? His methods mirror those entirely.

Deny reality
Lie about stats until you're caught
Never learn
Continue lying about stats through insult

etc.

Some stable somewhere

#10767 May 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Jedi is a joke?
:(
You can be a Jedi, Aero!

Some stable somewhere

#10768 May 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing out those mental failings of barefoot's - he had many.
Sadly, he's too much of a weasel to ever admit he was wrong.
You're welcome. It was painful reading through his gibberish in one go.

I am invoking the Catcher white sheet temporarily to purge myself of his vomitous.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10769 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
KrustyOdor: these links support me, not you!
HAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
Did you read them to their entirely, Shug? That agnostic meant that it was **unknowable**, HAHAHAHAAHA!
Here's more, Krusty:
(quote)
Synonyms
Agnostic, atheist, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine.
An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.
Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.
Since atheist has no religious doctrine, many are agnostic. You only destroy your own point more. Keep trying, you may one day get something correct.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#10770 May 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
This Iranian man tried building a cottage out of cheese, but there were too many Kurds in the way.
You wedged just about all of cheese wit into one sentence no matter how you slice it.

Some stable somewhere

#10771 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to say that the bible is fiction, it is rather silly to say one part is fiction and another part is not.
Happy to see you point to where **I** said Jesus the Christ (praise be upon him) spent fifteen minutes in Hell.
What I said was: SOME Christians believe he went to Hell and SOME Christians believe he did NOT go to Hell (and most of those believe that he never entered Hell but was in the place of the dead, between Heaven and earth).
Okay, Sweetie?
The Bible is fiction. It's also a historical narrative. It got some locations correct and adds a lot of mythological stories.

Nuance. Not familiar with it, hey?

Some stable somewhere

#10772 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
PS: Let me know when you can dispute anything I have said about the UK.
Head of State = head of state religion
Compulsory collective worship in public school
church appoints legislature
state religious broadcasting
flag = adorned with three crosses
census = 70+ self identified Christians
Ah, you've backed yourself into a "these are the things I've gotten right corner!!!" without admitting you were wrong about the comparison you made between the US and the UK.

You are, at heart, dishonest.

And the UK has more than 70 self identified Christians. But still less than the US.

You learned the word "legislature" from me.

Some stable somewhere

#10773 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! the 2001 UK census!
Yeah, the one you lied about.

Some stable somewhere

#10774 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't see his "apology" KowKow.
But then: you still think the English army won the war.
I did not apologize to you, dishonest old man.

You have yet to admit about all the errors you have done. That's ok, your lack of integrity has been widely acknowledged.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10775 May 26, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Earth spins.
And you seem to have stop reading that last post before any understanding had a chance to penetrate your preconceived notions.
I only have to read so far to come to the conclusion that either you are A) wrong or b) lying or c) just completely ignorant.

When this forum is supposedly populated (or it appears, overpopulated) with atheists, one would wonder why so few know the difference between atheist or agnostic, or, if one was more cynical, just see you all as liars, since they are two different words and have two different meanings and are not interchangeable... except... it seems... when you have lost the argument and decide maybe you can shout me down.

Now make a choice, which is it? A, B, or C?

Some stable somewhere

#10776 May 26, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been a lengthy process but the Lords Spiritual have had their ranks diminished over the centuries. Last time I looked we had 26 bishops out of a total 807 lords although the latest round of reforms will knock that 26 down to 12.
All 807 are non-elected, the majority of whom are appointed by the queen at the direction of the prime minister. The rest are appointed by the political parties.
The decreasing number of bishops is a reflection of the overall collapse of religion in the UK.
Fantastic!!!

One of the things I'm sad about is that some of the commonwealth countries have made it illegal for their citizens to be knighted - because they don't want official class differentiations.

Location hidden

#10777 May 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yeah, the one you lied about.
Should I show you that link to the 2011 UK census schedule again, dear?

We are still waiting for that link to the US census you told us would provide details on the popularity of religion in the UsA.

Problems?

Location hidden

#10778 May 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you've backed yourself into a "these are the things I've gotten right corner!!!" without admitting you were wrong about the comparison you made between the US and the UK.
Actually, dear, if you recall: you claimed I made a comparison between the US census and the UK census, and I call you a liar.

And you were going to show us where I compared the US Census to the UK census.

Think harder...

Some stable somewhere

#10779 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... he sticks to the English definition of the word, and does not change the meaning to suit his needs because of where he lives or because he has lost the argument.
To review:
USA is a secular state.
UK is not.
Clearly you don't understand what secular means.

Some stable somewhere

#10780 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like his assertion that HearTo wasn't using the UK census data like he said he was... oh, and HearTo had to confess that he wasn't using UK census data after all...
And Barefoot 2626 was...(sob) right.
Nope. Now you're lying again.

You claimed that the UK was more religious than the US, based on the 2001 census. Yet the 2001 US census shows a greater percentage of religious people in the US.

You've been given this information over and over, but you are dishonestly ignoring it. And now you have changed your claim to reflect my correction of your dishonesty.

What's it like having no integrity, no honor?

Most Americans are quite honest. Did Christianity happen to you?

Location hidden

#10781 May 26, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
And the UK has more than 70 self identified Christians. But still less than the US.
70, dear?

I think there are more than seventy Christians in the UK.

Funny how you feel comfortable correcting minor typing errors (or in my case, mostly lag because the internet doesn't keep up with my typing)- and you make these blunders in every post.

Seventy Christians dear?

I am pretty sure I said more than 70 PERCENT.

Check...

And... honey... you said I was wrong... but then you said it was more than 70 percent... which is what I said.

Do stop paraphrasing what I said, honeybunch, because you could screw up a wet dream. Quote me.

Also- be my guest- tell us how many legislators the church appoints to the US Congress (or any other political office).

What we have established is: the Church of England appoints members over there in the UK.
1 post removed

Some stable somewhere

#10783 May 26, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor KowKow: Barefoot2626 proved he was right and Hearto had to admit that the data he had been using wasn't from the 2011 census.
As Barefoot said...
WAHHHHH!
That's not the whole picture and you know it.

You made claims about the UK and the US that I showed to be false, using the data you pretend to be using.

Where's your apology?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Coffee Party 1,604,172
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Odor of the Right 31,668
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Who Cares 289,491
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min loose cannon 242,629
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 21 min spud 139
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 27 min spud 1,253
News Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico amid growing pleas... 29 min BHM5267 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 31 min Get Real 10,372
More from around the web