In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
47,241 - 47,260 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you mean "Social Security is commonly referred to as "the dole"; to receive the benefit is to be "on the dole"."
There is a lot he means and he swears blind he is correct even when what he writes it total garbage. Its the only way he can justify his existence and lying

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I write for all to see: the House of Lords is an appointed body.
You insist it is elected.
The earth is round, Skanque: you can insist the Lords are elected all you like.
Wrong, I insist that for a person to be appointed he/she must first pass an election (sometimes several) process(s). You may not like this and you may not agree with the processes involved (I certainly donít) but that makes no difference to the processes of prospective members being elected prior to being appointed a member of the house of lords.

You see this is the sort of fook up your pedantic narrow minded dogmatism leads you to. You are famous for not seeing the whole picture and deliberately displaying your ignorance on nothing but that blindness.

It is exactly the same as when you deliberately omit the word constitutional yet claim you are 100% correct for omitting half the designation.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you didn't, Chubby.
After a year of stomping, you've conceded that the UK is a "constitutional" monarchy.
Which means: the UK is a monarchy.
Which I said on day one.
Wipe your chins, Shug.
Prove it!!! Acutely I did so letís see, hmmmm, yes, thatís it, you are a liar as has been shown on countless other occasions.

I replied to your limited dogmatism by correcting your limited dogmatism with FACT and providing the relevant LINKS to validate that FACT. You were unable to accept that correction (as described by both the British government and the British monarchy. LINKLS supplied), that is no ones problem but you own.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the world is round and the world revolves around the sun, the the sun does not rise first anywhere on earth.
You are confused (again) with the expression "the sun does not set on the English empire"... which of course is wrong since the British Empire is... one time zone wide.
Ahh right, so when you say the sun rises in the east your are lying?

And of course time zones also show you are lying (as has been shown previously by several different posters)

My dreariest Greg, While I (unlike you) realise that the expression is historical and not relevant to todayís British Commonwealth, when that expression was coined it was fact. The British Empire included, India, Australia, parts of Africa, Canada. I.e. countries in more than enough times zones to ensure the statement was accurate. Australia on itís own would have done if Britain did not insist on screwing up the GMT+0 with BST so guess what, India and Canada compensated for that hour.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I 'loose', eh, Chubby?
You've made this same mistake a dozen times in a day.
I think it illustrates your narcissistic personality well.
Yup, you loose, thanks for admitting it Greg, I really though you could never admit an error. It just shows that your medication must be working.

5ft 10, BMI of 18.5, chubby does not come into it, I have often been called slender, even elegant but no one (except you who is a deliberately ignorant hate merchant) is liar enough to call me chubby. But of course we expect nothing but lies from one who scrounges food stamps on excuses of feigned brain damage. No wonder your wife cuckolded you before she left y
ou to fester in your own self pity.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unemployment benefit is commonly referred to as "the dole"; to receive the benefit is to be "on the dole"."
2013, Chubs.
Nope, perhaps it was commonly used a generation ago, feel free to re-live your past if it makes you feel better. Now the outdated term is used by a small percentage of less than 8% of the population claiming benefit who tend to be hate merchants (like you) believing the world owes them a living, and the tabloid press who have nothing left to stir up aggravation with. I see you still are clueless of British mores.

BTW, Wikipedia is NOT a reference, it is an editable opinion.

That particular piece you quoted has been edited over 500 times between 2008 and now by around 80 different people, each with their own opinion (and over 50 times in the last 4 months, there appears to be a war of terms going on). The article originally stated the term ďwork for the doleĒ, which was originally an Irish coined phrase of the 60ís and 70ís, not picked up in the NW UK (and then beyond) until the late 70ís . That first 2008 article quoted benefits in Euro, just shows how wrong wikipedia can be eh? The majority of the contributors have been American but this does not excuse errors.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been totally absolutely correct from the first post, Skanque.
The United KING_dom is a monarchy.
No Greg, I realise you have trouble accommodating certain concepts but half right is not 100%, it is only 50%

You deliberately omit half the description yet claim to be totally absolutely correct, Maybe a result of only 50% of your brain working.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the a world is round and it revolves, and if the world revolves around a sun, then there is no "first" sunrise.
The sun does not rise 'first' in the UK, as you assert.
Wipe your chins, Skanque.
And if convention and international time zones show you to be a blithering idiot then you are a blithering idiot.

In any (ands all) given days, the sun rises in the UK BEFORE it rises in America and in Japan the sun rises before the UK

Here is an example, this morning sunrise in the UK was at 4:58 AM. That is approximately 6 hours before writing this, Therefore the sun has been shining over the UK for 6 hours.

It is now 10:51 AM here yet in New York it is 5:51, the sun has been up since 5:36 thatís just 15 minutes (yet in the UK itís been 6 hours) conclusion the sun in the UK several hours before it rises in the US.

And in California, it is 2:51, there is to be another 3 hours BEFORE the sun rises

Just because you have brain damage does not mean that the earth is revolving backwards.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to imagine that someone could be so narcissist to believe 7 billion people she has never met agree with her.
Well.. not so hard in your case, Skanque.
Hard to believe that one persons can claim that historical and scientific conventions accepted by all governments, all airlines, all shipping companies, all military organisation, all businesses and anyone with any intelligence are wrong and that he (you) alone are right.

It is such overwhelming evidence that shows you to be a stupid brain damaged moron.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
House of Lords. Appointed.
Just because you find it difficult to concentrate does not excuse you moving the goalposts.

Both the UK government and the monarchy describe the UK as a constitutional monarchy

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I insist that for a person to be appointed
The House of Lords = appointed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
You may not like this and you may not agree with the processes involved (I certainly donít) but that makes no difference to the processes of prospective members being elected
House of Lords = appointed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
It is exactly the same as when you deliberately omit the word constitutional yet
A constitutional monarchy is a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
todayís British Commonwealth, when that expression was coined it was fact.
The British Empire today is one time zone wide.

No matter how hard you stomp your hooves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
countries in more than enough times zones
I guess you forgot you told everyone that there were only 24 time zones.

Not unlike when you try to talk around the fact the United KING_dom is a monarchy.

You have a psychosis, Skanque.
What

Faribault, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

I am an atheist living in a real religious town. Anytime you get asked religion you are and you say atheist people all stare and sneer and can hear them call you names. How warm religious people are...Huh??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
5ft 10, BMI of 18.5, chubby
Chubby, Chubby.

Tell yourself whatever you want.

Wipe your chins, Shug.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
Nope, perhaps it was commonly used a generation ago
"
In the UK being on the dole pays better than the average job
Posted: October 28, 2012 in Business / Money
Tags: economy, taxes

Question? Is it worth having a job in the UK?"

I know you get to decide what words are being used in the English language based on what argument you are losing on any one day.

PS: Chubby, it 's "losing", not "loosing".

I expect you to tell us that is how they spell it in your part of England though...

Recently I was looking to decide between hiring people in the UK or outsourcing to another country. So I curious how much people get paid on benefits. So I put my details through the benefits check to see if I was unemployed how much I would be entitled to. Here is a screen shot of my results:"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
I am an atheist living in a real religious town. Anytime you get asked religion you are and you say atheist people all stare and sneer and can hear them call you names. How warm religious people are...Huh??
I can't remember the last time I was asked.

You are making things up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
In any (ands all) given days, the sun rises in the UK
The sun does not rise first anywhere on a spinning planet that revolves around a sun.

It will rise FIRST in Japan before it rises in England NOW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
Both the UK government and the monarchy describe the UK as a constitutional monarchy
The United King_dom is a monarchy.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

PS: the UK has no constitution. Next time you are in the states, swing by the capital and see a copy, it's on display.

And swing by the capitol and see a democracy in action. Over here, we elected our Congress, all of them.

Unlike the United King_d0om, where the majority of the Parliament are appointed.
What

Faribault, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't remember the last time I was asked.
You are making things up.
Ever go to a hospital for surgery even a day surgery in and out..THEY DO ASK...I don't lie or make anything up...Facts are just to good to have to lie.

Plus no one has asked you out and about what church you go to? Happens few times a week where I live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever go to a hospital for surgery even a day surgery in and out..THEY DO ASK.
They ask, maybe- in some hospitals- because you may die and they want to know in case they have to call a priest.

And you say "none" and they fill in that blank and ask you the next question.

No one cares.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
Plus no one has asked you out and about what church you go to? Happens few times a week where I live.
Nope.

And I don't believe you.

I find your story apocryphal.
What

Faribault, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They ask, maybe- in some hospitals- because you may die and they want to know in case they have to call a priest.
And you say "none" and they fill in that blank and ask you the next question.
No one cares.
Been In 4 hospitals in 3 states and they all ask...Like I said in my town it is real religious and when you say none you get looks and bad things said...HOW DARE YOU TELL ME I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES AND HEARD WITH MY EARS..
What

Faribault, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
And I don't believe you.
I find your story apocryphal.
Ok don't...I don't care if you do or don't...It is fact....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Been In 4 hospitals in 3 states and they all ask.
I just told you why hospitals ask you for your religion.

And I don't believe your version of the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••