In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48985 Jun 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Largely, the debate on here has been the US Constitution vs the British version of a Constitution.
The United Kingdom does not have a constitution.

The US does.

The "debate" has been: I made several factual statements - such as the United Kingdom is a monarchy and that the Queen is the head of the state religion and that the UK has a law requiring collective worship, and that most of the members of the Parliament are appointed or inherited- and others do not have the ability to admit they have been wrong in countering these facts.

Or that when I prove what they have said is absolute hogwash that they say they were just kidding... this goes back to the "Lincoln" quote...

Watch as Skanque somehow tries to explain her way around to saying that the House of Lords are elected members, I figure by next year, she will be insisting I am the one who said that they were elected.

Now tell me: How many of the House of Lords are elected?

Location hidden

#48986 Jun 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
When a hereditary peer dies the replacement is not appointed in the you’re it sense of the word but “elected”
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Or how they change the meaning of the word (or think they can) by putting it in "quotes".

(quoted)
How members are appointed

Members of the House of Lords are appointed by the Queen on the advice of the Prime Minister.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/lords/whos-...

++

spin, spin, spin...

Location hidden

#48987 Jun 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Of the lords spiritual, each is not appointed bishop but “elected” bishop.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

You see how Skanque is "winding me up" by making these idiotic statements?

She really has me on the ropes, huh?

Tell me, DoubleFine: are the Lords Spiritual elected? Is "American" a language?

It is a curious psychosis, methinks, to not be able to admit you are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming proof.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#48988 Jun 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame all Christians for the speech of one anymore than I would say that all Brits are absolute morons just because of the morons who are Brits here.
Tell me: How many of the House of Lords are elected?
Elect, appoint, it matters not. Comes down to the same thing: a rich bloke, put there by other rich blokes.

#48989 Jun 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United Kingdom does not have a constitution.
The US does.
The "debate" has been: I made several factual statements - such as the United Kingdom is a monarchy and that the Queen is the head of the state religion and that the UK has a law requiring collective worship, and that most of the members of the Parliament are appointed or inherited- and others do not have the ability to admit they have been wrong in countering these facts.
Or that when I prove what they have said is absolute hogwash that they say they were just kidding... this goes back to the "Lincoln" quote...
Watch as Skanque somehow tries to explain her way around to saying that the House of Lords are elected members, I figure by next year, she will be insisting I am the one who said that they were elected.
Now tell me: How many of the House of Lords are elected?
Double Fine has followed the debate with half an eye. Truth be told, Doible Fine is not going to fact check anything, as there are more interesting things to do with one's time. Had ot been about Cretaceous fossils, Double Fine would have been over this.

Now, let us say you are right; There are laws requiring collective worship. That still does not change the attitude of people towards atheists. Here in SA, we have a VERY liberal Constitution. Yet, atheists stilldraw on society's short straw.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#48990 Jun 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
One of those 49 people would end up becoming a dictator, and she would start a rebellion and her followers would run through the streets killing members of a minority and over three million people would die.
That would be your fault.
You actually believe those people that died were guilty, just because you think your god killed them.

That's how f*cked you people are in the head:

Go tell the mom from Sudan that god killed her son through starvation because he would grow up to become a mass murderer according to your mental illness.

I will pay for your flight you s*ck f*ck.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#48991 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine has followed the debate with half an eye.
Ouch.

#48992 Jun 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Tehehe.

Greetings, good eye

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#48993 Jun 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matta Skanque?
Can't answer a simple question?
HOW MANY OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS ARE ELECTED?
What's the matter drippy dick
Can’t understand a simple answer?
ALL OF THEM
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out that you are an idiot who doesn't even know her own government doesn't make me a hater of British, it makes you an ignorant dolt with an ego to large to admit she is wrong.
As her ex will attest.
Tell us the name of the member of the Lord elected to his/her office, piggy?
Pointing out that you are projecting.

And lying too, but what can we expect from a JW who is too sh|t cared to admit his own religion, it is nothing more than expected.

All of the Lords who have taken seats since 1999 are elected, you man not like those election, you may even deny that they are elections but who really cares what a buttbrained drippydick JW liar likes?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Skanque, you told us that "American" was a language.
Do you want me to play the tape?
"American" is a dialect, Skanque.
Dialect.
No matter how hard you stomp your cloven hooves.
Yes after you ranted that is wasn’t, your claim, and as requested I provided links to prove the point. It is therefore UP TO YOU to prove your claim and if you can’t do that then accept it like a man (LOL) that you are beaten again.

OHhhh, I understand now, it’s not in your religion to admit defeat is it?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#48994 Jun 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United King_dom is a monarchy, Skanque.
I haven't moved a fraction of an inch.
Who gives a toss whether you have moved or not, I guess this shows that you don’t even move when you go for a sh|t, that’s why you stink so bad, your excreta is rotting around you ankles. Perhaps this is the reason your fellow JWs wont let you go door knocking with them, they can’t stand your smell and they know their hapless victims will object too.

However whether you fester in your own excreta or not, the fact remains that the British government and the Queen of the United kingdom state that the British monarchy as a constitutions monarchy. And I’ll go off what my government says rather than taking the word of a stinking hate merchant who is clueless on British politics and the British way of life and cannot even connect with his fellow JWs.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we see how Skanque tries to explain how she can say something that is absolutely wrong and bury it with text.
She will then deny she ever denied she stated the members of the House of Lords were elected.
May I inform you that everyone has an opinion, rather like everyone has a butthole.

No trying involved, just pure unadulterated fact.

Since 1999 ALL (that’s A – L – L ) members of the house of lords are elected. You may not like the way the elections take place but that is besides the point, you may not like that they are not public elections but that is besides the point, you may not like that the elections are not transparent but that is besides the point. The point is members of the house or lords are ELECTED

It really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot or how obnoxiously you rant and rave the 1999 house of lords reform bill is quite specific.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, fatty fatty fat fat: I am laughing my azz off at you.
You are making yourself the complete idiot for others too see.
Why? you are the one getting frustrated, you are the one ranting, you are the one having to lie in the face of your god, you are the one floundering from deliberate ignorance, you are the one going into hysterics, I guess you need to see you doc about increasing you medication
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Or how they change the meaning of the word (or think they can) by putting it in "quotes".
(quoted)
How members are appointed
Members of the House of Lords are appointed by the Queen on the advice of the Prime Minister.
http://www.parliament.uk/business/lords/whos-...
++
spin, spin, spin...
You mean you believe that “quotes” means something different from quotes, this is the showcase of your confusion.

No change required, not even to suit your own pathetic sensibilities and bitter anti British attitude.

I keep asking and you keep ignoring the request, please read the house of lords reform bill 1999.

Ignoring how that recommendation is made simply proves your pedantic ignorance
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
You see how Skanque is "winding me up" by making these idiotic statements?
She really has me on the ropes, huh?
Tell me, DoubleFine: are the Lords Spiritual elected? Is "American" a language?
It is a curious psychosis, methinks, to not be able to admit you are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming proof.
Yup, and I am succeeding admirably

The lords spiritual are elected by the crown nominations commission. Microsoft and IBM among others indicate that American English is a language.

How strange that you should address a post to me and ask DF for the answer. Sounds like you are in need of a stronger medication

So you are discussing your psychosis at last, well that’s an improvement, tell your doctor how much you have improved when you go and get your meds changed.

Location hidden

#48995 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Elect, appoint, it matters not. Comes down to the same thing: a rich bloke, put there by other rich blokes.
It means everything here.

Dodging the question, eh?

Location hidden

#48996 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Now, let us say you are right; There are laws requiring collective worship. That still does not change the attitude of people towards atheists.
Indeed, people are prejudiced around the world about many things, sometimes religions (or lack there of).

I would say the NotBots here are responsible for some of the attitudes people might have of those who call themselves atheist.

Location hidden

#48997 Jun 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually believe those people that died were guilty, just because you think your god killed them.
I cannot help you are too stupid to follow your own logic three inches.

I didn't say anyone was guilty of anything.

FDR is handed a piece of paper in WWII, and FDR is asked to make a decision: they have located Hitler- they know he is visiting the school he attended as a child- and the "air force" can drop a bomb on him, and kill him.

They know that the attempt will no doubt kill dozens of innocent children.

The piece of paper says: bomb the school, yes or No.

Does he sign Yes?

Location hidden

#48998 Jun 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<
Go tell the mom from Sudan that god killed her son through starvation because he would grow up to become a mass murderer according to your mental illness.
Does God know or care, dear?

What if heaven is a wonderful place, well beyond your imagination, your very limited and foul imagination, free of hunger or corporeal need?

Location hidden

#48999 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter drippy dick
Can’t understand a simple answer?
ALL OF THEM
None of them, yeast infection.

And the sun rises in the east.

Location hidden

#49000 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
And lying too, but what can we expect from a JW who is too sh|t cared to admit his own religion, it is nothing more than expected.
~stomp stomp stomp~

So a JW knocked on your door, your husband answered, and you haven't seen him since.

It isn't the fault of the JW.

Location hidden

#49001 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
All of the Lords who have taken seats since 1999 are elected
Thanks for posting this cr@p, Skanque.

None are elected.

Location hidden

#49002 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Yes after you ranted that is wasn’t, your claim
"American" isn't a language, Skanque.

It's a dialect.

Sun rises in the east.

Location hidden

#49003 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a toss whether you have moved or not
I haven't moved a fraction of an inch because I am and have always been right.

And you are rolling around on the floor making a fool of yourself.

We can see why your husband left with the JW: living with someone who is never ever wrong is a burden and wears on the nerves.

United Kingdom is a monarchy.
The members of the House of Lords are elected.
The Queen is the head of the state religion.
The monarch can dismiss the Parliament with a stroke of the pen.
State schools are REQUIRED to provide CHRISTIAN collective worship.
And you know what it is like to have them go off in your mouth.

The sun rises in the east...

Location hidden

#49004 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
British monarchy as a constitutions monarchy.
United Kingdom IS a monarchy.

I haven't moved an inch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 min Into The Night 38,350
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 10 min Into The Night 3,332
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min VetnorsGate 1,707,203
News Ohio businessman, deported after 38 years in US... 55 min Quirky 45
News After Florida shooting, what's the status of th... 1 hr javawhey 10
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 1 hr javawhey 206
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 1 hr TrGln 9,190
News Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March... 1 hr javawhey 71
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr TsGln 59,983
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 3 hr Quirky 1,625
News The Latest: Jimmy Kimmel squarely blames Trump,... 4 hr TAAM 82
More from around the web