In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46981 Feb 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
Sweden still a democracy regardless of how much bsfoot lies
The Kingdom of Sweden is still a monarchy, no matter now much Meatball lies.

Of course, I have posted the proof dozens of times.

Location hidden

#46982 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
You can be an adult and show the source you got it from. Until then, I am going to go with Wikipedia considering the EXACT WORDING can be located there, and only there
You do that.

Make sure you include the little number at the end, as I have done, which links to the original source.

But do it after you declare that you will stop posting after I give you ONE citation.

Location hidden

#46983 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
We can add "moving the goalposts" to "terms that Barefoot does not understand".
Have you not remotely paid attention to goings on in Britain in the past few years?
Freedom of speech:
The US has it.
The UK does not.

You can go through the list of countries that do not have freedom of speech- let's say the list is one hundred countries long.

The UK does not have a guaranteed freedom of speech.

Examples: already given.

Location hidden

#46984 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Is mammal A and B the same? Yes or no?
Is a fish a mammal, yes or no?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#46985 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kingdom of Sweden is still a monarchy, no matter now much Meatball lies.
Of course, I have posted the proof dozens of times.
you are the liar bsfoot

sweden is a democracy no matter how many times you lie like the liar you are

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#46986 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coffea canephora and Coffea arabica are two different coffee beans, yes or no?
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46987 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing: "degree in politics".
sTILL WAITING: ONE SOURCE, YOU DON'T POST HERE?
Done so twice. You cannot say you have not seen them as you have cherry-picked portions from the posts that they were linked in.

So, either:

1) Topix mysteriously edits my posts;

2) You do not read the whole content of my posts;

3) You are lying.

I am going for option 3). Furthermore, there is nothing, whatsoever, stopping you from loading up Google and typing "MRes political research" or "undergraduate politics degree".

You are lying, Barefoot, and trying to redefine reality to fit it.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>moving goalposts.

Wait...

One cite / you stop posting.
We have established that you have no clue what the fallacy means.

You are pretending that politics degrees do not exist - fact.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny: no matter how many times I remind you that you are a m/f c/s liar and you paraphrase instead of quoting, and I demand you provide the quote:

You paraphrase.

You are a m/f c/s liar.
We all know what you posted, manchild. Until you finally get round to acknowledging the university links that prove your claims about politics degrees wrong, there is no point going on yet another wild goose chase when you will only pretend that you did not read the post.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You do that.

Make sure you include the little number at the end, as I have done, which links to the original source.
You made the claim, so you will back it up. That is what adults do.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But do it after you declare that you will stop posting after I give you ONE citation.
Translation: "I want to take my ball and go home now"
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46988 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech:
The US has it.
The UK does not.
You can go through the list of countries that do not have freedom of speech- let's say the list is one hundred countries long.
The UK does not have a guaranteed freedom of speech.
Examples: already given.
"Rock Hill, S.C. teacher Sharon Aceta was placed on leave Friday after she posted a sarcastic and offensive statement about President Barack Obama on Facebook.

Aceta, who eighth grade math at Rawlinson Road Middle School, was evidently frustrated with Obama's reelection last Tuesday. According to WSOC-TV, the teacher wrote on Facebook:

"Congrats Obama. As one of my students sang down the hallway,'We get to keep our fooood stamps'...which I pay for because they can't budget their money...and really, neither can you."
School spokesperson Elaine Baker told WSOC that while there have been a number of complaints about the post and that the teacher violated the district's social media policy, Aceta likely will not face disciplinary action beyond the one-day suspension.

Aceta has since apologized and deleted the status.

The incident in South Carolina is one of a number involving teachers' Facebook statuses following the election. A Columbus, Ohio teacher came under fire last week for taking to the social networking site to express disappointment in the election results, posting:

"Congrats to those dependent on government, homosexuals, potheads, JAY-Z fans, non Christians, non taxpayers, illegals, communists, Muslims, planned murder clinics, enemies of America, Satan You WON!"
District officials said they were investigating the case.

Similar problems with social media have affected communities across the country. In July, a Bradenton, Fla. parent found a Facebook discussion among teachers of G.D. Rogers Garden Elementary School in which one educator calls a student the "evolutionary link between orangutans and humans." Another teacher responded that the comment made her "laugh out loud."

Last year, a first grade teacher at Paterson School 21 in Paterson, N.J., was suspended after writing on Facebook that she felt like a "warden," and referred to students as future criminals. The school board said, however, that officials cannot remove a teacher there for what is said on Facebook and can only act if it spills over into the classroom.

And just weeks earlier in Doylestown, Pa., Central Bucks East High School English teacher Natalie Munroe was suspended for blogging about her students and referring to them as "disengaged, lazy whiners."

Munroe was reinstated at the school because she had a "legal right to her job," but was later fired for poor performance.

At least 40 school districts nationwide have adopted social media policies. From New York City to Missouri, districts are beginning to discipline teachers for inappropriate Facebook activity. But some educators point out that social media can be a beneficial learning and teaching resource if used properly."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/shar...

Your country is facing the same problem with posters on social media. What you say has serious consequences just as it can do here.

Furthermore, it is still pathetic that you think debate over offensive material on the internet is on a par with police states.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is akin to asking "Is Britain a boat? Yes or no?"

I am not claiming that fish are mammals.

I am not claiming that mammals are fish.

What I am saying, manchild, is that you think everything -within- the umbrella terms are the same.

That you still need this explained to you for the fifth/sixth time shows your inability to understand very, very, very basic logic.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46989 Feb 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the liar bsfoot
sweden is a democracy no matter how many times you lie like the liar you are
Mikko,

I am posting below the two university links that Barefoot claims he has never read. I would like you to say whether you have been able to see them or not. Thanks.

Undergraduate:

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a ...

Postgraduate MRes:

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/ ...

Location hidden

#46990 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Done so twice. You cannot say you have not seen
Posts to a university is not a post to prove that "politics degree" exist.

Still waiting: one cite : you stop posting.

Location hidden

#46991 Feb 5, 2013
Mikko wrote:
sweden is a democracy
Kingdom of Sweden

Location hidden

#46992 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Done so twice. You cannot say you have not seen them as you have cherry-picked portions from the posts that they were linked in.
So, either:
1) Topix mysteriously edits my posts;
Your "proof"? You point the university and you say "See?"

Where oh is this "BS in Politics"
degree?

HAHAHAHAAH!

Still waiting: one cite you're gone, let me know.

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#46993 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingdom of Sweden
and democracy you liar

Location hidden

#46994 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
I am not claiming that fish are mammals.
Swallow, SuperFAG.

You keep bringing it up.

Wipe your chin.

Location hidden

#46995 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rock Hill, S.C. teacher Sharon Aceta was placed on leave Friday after she posted a sarcastic and offensive statement about President Barack Obama on Facebook.
Not arrested.

Do let me know the minute the cops take her to jail.

I see you running away from your assertion: I have never posted a cite.

Location hidden

#46996 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
The incident in South Carolina is one of a number involving teachers' Facebook statuses following the election.
No arrests, eh?

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#46997 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikko,
I am posting below the two university links that Barefoot claims he has never read. I would like you to say whether you have been able to see them or not. Thanks.
Undergraduate:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a ...
Postgraduate MRes:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/ ...
yes i see them bsfoot is a liar

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TEDTVO...

Location hidden

#46998 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
2) You do not read the whole content of my posts;
I read until you hit your first lie.

You can see why I don't finish them.

Location hidden

#46999 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Yet no link to the two 'politics degrees' you claim to have earned.

Location hidden

#47000 Feb 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
What I am saying, manchild, is that you think everything -within- the umbrella terms are the same.
There is no such thing as an "umbrella" term.

Obviously: English not included in your majors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fiorina defends spot in 2016 race, says it's ti... 14 min Mr Amigo 19
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 44 min Cassandra_ 1,466
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,235,964
News Frustration mounts as Rand Paul refuses to acce... 1 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 5
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 183,193
News Hastert to appear before judge who donated to c... 1 hr Synque 2
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 1 hr serfs up 644
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr -Dont Panic- 329,024
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr red and right 189,811
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 hr Right Wing 2,572
More from around the web