In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
35,501 - 35,520 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36712
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually no, the US was doing good until we allowed religious people too much control, really.
They never "removed" prayer from schools, or stopped allowing people to read from your book of mythology. Not to mention, in spite of the problems being caused by the religious fundies, we are still at the most peaceful time in all of history, and have the lowest crime rate ever. Explain how secularism is hurting us again?
Come on now ... it's not REALLY a prayer unless everyone is drooling, trance-like and in unison. Those "Moment of Silence" things don't really cut the mustard.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36713
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
As The Minority, You Dont Allow Anything.
Thank you for that. I was just telling Just Result the same thing. This is the Christian's mess, not ours. It may be a secular government, mostly, but it's still a Christian people, as you are all so fond of telling us.

We'll do much better.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36714
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
A Worthless Debate....When You Evolutionists Find Some Proof Of Human Evolution....Call Us....We Will Be Drinkin Beer And Laughing At The Chaos Surrounding The Scammper Of Lemmings.
What debate?

The issue is settled. The scientists have spoken, and the church has no say except in the heads of those it can influence, which does not include us.

What you are seeing here is nothing more than unbelievers teaching one another using the claims of theists as pivot points.

You'd better get back to your beer.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36715
Aug 23, 2012
 
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What debate?
The issue is settled. The scientists have spoken, and the church has no say except in the heads of those it can influence, which does not include us.
What you are seeing here is nothing more than unbelievers teaching one another using the claims of theists as pivot points.
You'd better get back to your beer.
LOL...Oh My Mushroom Eatin Ex Hippie Compadre... Scientists Are Not The End All Of Authority That You Seem To Kneel To.
Atheists Are Even More Of A Disappointment Then Scientists, Because The Way They Allow Themselves To Be Used Politically.

LOL....And You Seem To Forget That Mexicans Are The Fastest Growing Race In North America, Due To The Free Rent And Food We Provide Them, But I Digress, As The Brown Race Reaches The Majority...Some Say With-in Ten Years...They Then Will Replace US Old White Guys That You Cretins Hate So Much.

And Again, The Catholics Will Be In Charge, And You Will BE Once Again Forced To Suck Hind Teet.

Smoke A Bowl On That Fact, Doc.....And Tell Hiding To Take A Break.
1 post removed

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36717
Aug 23, 2012
 
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS was created July 9,1953.
Lincoln died in 1865.
My question did not have anything to do with the IRS. It had to do with you suggesting that Lincoln was a liberal. Not even a good try at deflection, Buck.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36718
Aug 23, 2012
 
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently went to a Trader Joe's grand opening where a lei lady laid a lei on me. I got leied. Finally...
I am so happy for you.

Which Trader Joe's? Haha
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36719
Aug 23, 2012
 
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> My question did not have anything to do with the IRS. It had to do with you suggesting that Lincoln was a liberal. Not even a good try at deflection, Buck.
By Todays Standards, LIncoln Was A Liberal

I Have Respect For Some Of What He Did, But I Do Not Think Of Him Among The Best.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36720
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

JBH wrote:
OBAMA HAS NOT DONE ANY ECONOMIC RECOVERY in the past few years.
Obama does not do and have any know-how to conduct recovery.
Obama only does economic destruction.
His ways of enactment and policies are all economic destruction, including imposing the very expensive medical care and Obamacare.
While Obama says Romney doing outsourcing as unproven, he is being proven as the one who expedites and helps hundreds and thousands of companies' outsourcing.
He said he rescued GM by taking US people money away that the people are needing rescue because of Obama's destruction.
Obama says he is not the president for Black people and not the freedom people--what he says is that he is the president for aliens, visa holders as visa visitors and others, Chinese, and so on , by giving jobs to all of them, but not to you the freedom people.
Why would you call him president?
It appears that Obama is not the commander in chief to you real people.
He is the commander in chief for fanatics' excitement. He pumped up the gambit to suit crazy enthusiasts of hearing his story of getting bin Laden because only radical fanatics would feel that is the credit of such a commander in chief.
However, anyone can claim the getting of bin Laden and giving jobs to illegals--then anyone doing those things can be the president and commander then.
Is that the commander in chief by talking like that about bin Laden??
Is that the real talent of such a person--being called president, by doing those things?
Who is Obama ?
Has he demonstrated the capability and talent of a president and commander in chief by doing and saying what--outsourcing, heath care, illegals with visa holders and visa immigration, bin Laden story?
What else is new about what Obama says?
There is another new round of what Obama says--tax returns versus birth certificates for candidates?
You better make sure what Obama says is of any worthwhile of your endeavor, if you know what it means so far by looking at what he had done.
Romney's outsourcing is a proven fact. You continue to deny it because you are told to.

Bush didn't have any more ability than Obama does. I don't see Romney having any more ability to than Obama does. It's time people stopped voting for someone just because they are Democrat or Republican or the 'right kind' of Christian or the 'right' color.

You are all too stupid to vote in your own self-interest.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36721
Aug 23, 2012
 
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Romney's outsourcing is a proven fact. You continue to deny it because you are told to.
Bush didn't have any more ability than Obama does. I don't see Romney having any more ability to than Obama does. It's time people stopped voting for someone just because they are Democrat or Republican or the 'right kind' of Christian or the 'right' color.
You are all too stupid to vote in your own self-interest.
Hey Babe, What Do You Think Obama Did With The Stimulus Money ?

He Outsorced The Money For Jobs Abroad. Thats A Fact

By The Way...GE...Obamas Buddy....Outsorced Most of Its Jobs Recently...Isnt The CEO Obamas Jobs AdvIsor...IE Zar
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36722
Aug 23, 2012
 
Recent Poll Showed 94 % Of Blacks To Vote For Obama...0 % For Romney.

You Couldnt Get 94 % To Agree On Ice Cream.

Now Tell Me Whos Racist.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36723
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
LOL...Oh My Mushroom Eatin Ex Hippie Compadre... Scientists Are Not The End All Of Authority That You Seem To Kneel To.
Oh my racist redneck compatriot. Scientists ARE the be all and end all authority for science. Jesus is not the authority you kneel down to and serve.
wolverine wrote:
Atheists Are Even More Of A Disappointment Then Scientists, Because The Way They Allow Themselves To Be Used Politically.
It's the Christians that have been used, and who have severely damaged their nation. Look at how you accounted for nearly half of the national debt by voting for Bush

"The true cost of the Iraq war:$3 trillion and beyond"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

"Over the next 10 years, total tax-cut costs will equal $3.9 trillion"
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

If you Christians hadn't been so gullible - so faithful - that wouldn't have happened. Thank you Jesus!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36724
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
And You Seem To Forget That Mexicans Are The Fastest Growing Race In North America, Due To The Free Rent And Food We Provide Them
Why tell me?
wolverine wrote:
As The Brown Race Reaches The Majority...Some Say With-in Ten Years...They Then Will Replace US Old White Guys That You Cretins Hate So Much.
I don't hate white guys. All of my family is white.
wolverine wrote:
And Again, The Catholics Will Be In Charge, And You Will BE Once Again Forced To Suck Hind Teet.
You don't know much about young Mexicans. They're dropping Jesus as fast as Americans. From "Mexico still Catholic, but number of atheists on the rise" at http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/mexico... :

"Mexico’s National Institute of Statistics, Geography and Information Technology said this week that while most Mexicans remain Catholic, the fastest growing group in the country is atheists. In a recent report, the Institute said the number of atheists grows annually by 5.2%, while the number of Catholics grows by 1.7%."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36725
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
Recent Poll Showed 94 % Of Blacks To Vote For Obama...0 % For Romney. You Couldnt Get 94 % To Agree On Ice Cream.
Now Tell Me Whos Racist.
You. That comment is evidence, as was your last one.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36726
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
Recent Poll Showed 94 % Of Blacks To Vote For Obama...0 % For Romney.
You Couldnt Get 94 % To Agree On Ice Cream.
Now Tell Me Whos Racist.
You are for stereotyping them.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36727
Aug 23, 2012
 
And certainly her tomb wasn't made by sheep kissers who stole and slightly rewrote legends from the Sumerians.

In fact if you were going to worship a god based in legends written by ancient people wouldn't it be better to go with the legends written by educated learned men rather than sheep kissing thieves who stole from their betters and slightly reworded the legends?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The tomb for Cleopatra was good enough evidence for me.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36728
Aug 23, 2012
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
And certainly her tomb wasn't made by sheep kissers who stole and slightly rewrote legends from the Sumerians.
In fact if you were going to worship a god based in legends written by ancient people wouldn't it be better to go with the legends written by educated learned men rather than sheep kissing thieves who stole from their betters and slightly reworded the legends?
<quoted text>
Yep.
1 post removed
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36730
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Doc...You Are Quite Insane.

Atheist Will Never Be The Majority....This Thing Will Be Over LOng BEfore That.

And 94 % Blacks Voting For Obama After The Disasterous Last 4 Years...Is VERY Racist

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36731
Aug 23, 2012
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
And certainly her tomb wasn't made by sheep kissers who stole and slightly rewrote legends from the Sumerians.
In fact if you were going to worship a god based in legends written by ancient people wouldn't it be better to go with the legends written by educated learned men rather than sheep kissing thieves who stole from their betters and slightly reworded the legends?
<quoted text>
and if they are sufficiently intelligent to work that out they would not be christian to begin with.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36732
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Babe, What Do You Think Obama Did With The Stimulus Money ?
He Outsorced The Money For Jobs Abroad. Thats A Fact
By The Way...GE...Obamas Buddy....Outsorced Most of Its Jobs Recently...Isnt The CEO Obamas Jobs AdvIsor...IE Zar
Maybe you didn't actually read my post above. I suggest you do before you start running your mouth as if I supported what Obama has done, or in this case not done, for our job market in the US.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36733
Aug 23, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
Doc...You Are Quite Insane.
Atheist Will Never Be The Majority....This Thing Will Be Over LOng BEfore That.
And 94 % Blacks Voting For Obama After The Disasterous Last 4 Years...Is VERY Racist
It isn't atheists who are killing off Christianity. It's Christians. But you are all so arrogant and hate-filled that you can't see yourselves as anything but the 'elite'. and that's the biggest problem with your religion right now. You're so smug and self-righteous while committing every atrocity under the sun.

But I have to thank you for helping get rid of the hate cult of fundamentalist Christianity. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••