Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1439 Jan 2, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
You're bankrupt you pathetic fool, go do something else.
Wrong poster, you must have meant to address that to Jimbo's alias, which is au contraire. Maybe you thought their icons resembled one another?

No biggie!

Since: Feb 11

Corvallis, OR

#1440 Jan 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
AND TO THINK, THERE WASN'T MONEY FOR BENGHAZI.........
No matter how many times you spam and no many how many times you crosspost DUMBO:

GOP Congress cut the funding for Benghazi security.

Maybe if George Bush hadn't spent hundreds of millions on his vacations?

Bush spent more time on vacation than ANY other on record and probably: history.

Corvallis, OR

#1441 Jan 2, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong poster, you must have meant to address that to Jimbo's alias, which is au contraire. Maybe you thought their icons resembled one another?
No biggie!
One of his other aliases...

Corvallis, OR

#1442 Jan 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="au contraire"
NASCAR PARTY FAVORS BURIED IN 'CLIFF' BILL...[/QUOTE]

I guess you forgot Romney campaigning as a "typical" NASCAR... owner...
1 post removed
congress loves it

Little Rock, AR

#1444 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you spam and no many how many times you crosspost DUMBO:
GOP Congress cut the funding for Benghazi security.
Maybe if George Bush hadn't spent hundreds of millions on his vacations?
Bush spent more time on vacation than ANY other on record and probably: history.
I know you have read this 'barefoot':
Papillon
Sacramento, CA
In July 2012 Hillary and Hussein Obama agreed to reduce the military security at the Libyan embassy from 14 to two Marines.
This decision resulted from the 'promise' of local muslims that the embassy would be safe.
Conversely, the ambassador himself urged Obama/Clinton to beef up security, much less reduce it. Clinton/Hillary told him that budget cuts were necessary.
On September 11 2012, these same muslims assembled in three groups of 120 each and attacked the embassy from 3 different directions simultaneously.
The results were devastating. The entire security force of TWO MARINES was killed, along with the ambassador.
After the smoke cleared, Hussein Obama exerted executive privilege, meaning he refused to testify in December, and he got away with it.
Hillary was scheduled to testify in December.
THEN, a strange coincidence occurred -Hillary claimed to be sick in the entire month of December - imagine that !
You add it up now.
yes 'barefoot', I know you read this because you posted something real stupid right under it. since when is hillary/obama the GOP Congress?

Grants Pass, OR

#1445 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
<quoted text>I know you have read this 'barefoot':
I know you have read that CONGRESS cut the security budget by $300 million.

It is hard to get people to work as security guards for free, go figure.

Grants Pass, OR

#1446 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
Conversely, the ambassador himself urged Obama/Clinton
Do show us all where the ambassador urged President Obama to increase security in Bengzhi.

Of course, Reagan was urged to increase security in Beirut before an Iranian drove to the barracks and killed 241 Americans.

And you know that President Bush was warned a little over a month before the terrorists struck the World Towers that Al Quada had a plan to hijack jets and crash into landmarks.

I guess we have to work on that crystal ball or if not that a time machine so we can fix such things use tea bag 20/20 hindsight technology.

Grants Pass, OR

#1447 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
Hillary was scheduled to testify in December.
THEN, a strange coincidence occurred -Hillary claimed to be sick in the entire month of December - imagine that !
She even managed to develop a brain clot confirmed by an MRI HOLY SMOKE! is she clever or what??!!!
congress loves it

Little Rock, AR

#1448 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you have read that CONGRESS cut the security budget by $300 million.
It is hard to get people to work as security guards for free, go figure.
too funny 'barefoot', the us marines are the security guards at us embassys. I'm pretty sure they don't cost any more than the us marines anywhere else. they are already paid for. besides 300 million is pocket change for obama's vacation slush fund. since we are talking about crazyness, a ban needs to be enacted on the unsupervised use of antipsychotic drugs. these drugs are the common link in all of the recent mass murders committed by crazed bug eyed insane brain damaged zombie like people on antipsychotic drugs. the use of these antipsychotic drugs must be limited to locked down mental health clinics only. these bug eyed zombies must never be set loose on the public.I am your mental health care provider is already having second thoughts about your condition 'barefoot', perhaps you should make a follow up appointment asap.

Grants Pass, OR

#1449 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
<quoted text>too funny 'barefoot', the us marines are the security guards at us embassys.
Benghazi doesn't have an embassy, dummy, it is a consulate, and the US does not use Marines as security guards around the globe- so you aren't a vet, I take it? certainly to a Marine.

Typically: they are private security guards, bid out on contract like most other services.
congress loves it

Little Rock, AR

#1450 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
She even managed to develop a brain clot confirmed by an MRI HOLY SMOKE! is she clever or what??!!!
not clever 'barefoot', falling down drunk for three weeks over the bengazi incident is more like it. besides 'barefoot', I am sure your mental health provider is still having second thoughts about your treatment. please give him a call and make a follow up appointment, we don't want you getting all bug eyed and running loose in some shopping mall or movie theater or something.

Grants Pass, OR

#1451 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
< besides 300 million is pocket change for obama's vacation slush fund.
Obviously: you don't know what you are talking about.

Topix should require posters to have a high school diploma or a GED, or to at least provide that people like you have an offsetting color to warn readers you don't have a clue.

Stay in school, honey.
congress loves it

Little Rock, AR

#1452 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi doesn't have an embassy, dummy, it is a consulate, and the US does not use Marines as security guards around the globe- so you aren't a vet, I take it? certainly to a Marine.
Typically: they are private security guards, bid out on contract like most other services.
how funny 'barefoot' same thing, why were the marines there then? why were they cut back to two? why even be there unprotected? besides that's way too many questions to expect a crazy person to answer anyways. lets get back to the problem of banning the unsupervised use of antipsychotic drugs. these drugs that are given out like candy to people and are the common link in insane bug eyed mass killings. have you made that appointment yet 'barefoot'?
just another guy

Mountain View, CA

#1453 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously: you don't know what you are talking about.
Topix should require posters to have a high school diploma or a GED, or to at least provide that people like you have an offsetting color to warn readers you don't have a clue.
Stay in school, honey.
The less evolved, the more an organism fixates on sex. Our it sure spends most of it's time fixating on gay sex. Maybe topix should make sure posters are human. Sorry Charlie.

Grants Pass, OR

#1454 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
<quoted text>how funny 'barefoot' same thing, why were the marines there then?
What Marines were where?

Grants Pass, OR

#1455 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
besides that's way too many questions to expect a crazy person to answer anyways.
You don't know enough about this to ask the question and you get mad at me for pointing out: you don't know what you are talking about and you are too lazy to look it up first so you can play the "gotcha" card.

None of the people killed were Marines, start there. Two were (ex)**NAVY** SEALS. Ambassador Chris Steven and Sean Smith, an (cough) "information management officer".

Grants Pass, OR

#1456 Jan 2, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The less evolved, the more an organism fixates on sex.
Be patient, JustGayGuy, I am sure we can find someone out in your neighborhood that you haven't exposed yourself to already.

Grants Pass, OR

#1457 Jan 2, 2013
congress loves it wrote:
lets get back to the problem of banning the unsupervised use of antipsychotic drugs.
What does that have to do with the cost of bananas, dear?
Maccoat

Titusville, PA

#1458 Jan 2, 2013
No amount of gun control will stop that little voice in a man head to kill.
downhill246

West Palm Beach, FL

#1459 Jan 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The continuity of racism within much of America, has everthing to do with the upsurge in gun sales, relevent to this President's election...should'nt be a no-brainer for someone from the overly righteous right......Also, if you look into just who predominately, financially supports the NRA, you might be surprised(or really not) to find the firearm manufacturers.....alway's follow the money.....

Actually gun sales go up when you have a president who is perceived to be anti-gun no matter what color he is.

"Bill Clinton has been the best president the gun industry ever had. During the antigun panics that Mr. Clinton helped incite in 1993-94, and again in 1999, firearms sales skyrocketed, as consumers bought while they still could. For some months in 1993-94, manufacturers were running their plants on three shifts a day and still couldn't keep up with demand."
Wall Street Journal, Aug. 4, 2000.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Abe 233,674
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,406,204
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 35 min Agents of Corruption 42
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 391,750
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 219,775
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 60,670
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Blitzking 201,768
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 hr Black Russian 5,757
News Commentary: Hillary's speech was not good 7 hr Harry Paratestes 26
More from around the web