Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3154 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that explains why barefoot2626 is defending the Liberal Warren Court(Liberal Majoirty 1953 and 1969) that ruled in Haynes v. United States in 1968 favoring of the convicted felon.
Hey, dumbphuckue: if it was a "liberal" court- why don't you explain to everyone why it was Warren who was the ONLY dessenting vote in the decsision?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#3155 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
The Warren Court expanded civil rights, civil liberties, judicial power, and the federal power in dramatic ways.
Yeah, they insisted that the black people in the USA had equal rights.

It must really bug you, eh?

Location hidden

#3156 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Crime Rate In The World--they require gun ownership
Neither is true.

You are full of [email protected]

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3157 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is true.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
When i was a child, kids always played games with toy guns all over the place. Cowboys and Indians and other games. A few times I even bought a cap pistol in my school bag to school. In recent years and longer, children are being disciplined, suspended and thrown out of school for anything even resembling a weapon. The other day a five year old suspended for a bubble gun. A little girl was suspended and verbally tortured for a piece of loose leaf paper that vaguely resembled an outline of a small weapon on the word of another student. ALL OF THIS CRAP IS THE RESULT OF THE FAILURES OF THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS/DIVERSITY/EXTREME FEMINISM/AND EVERYTHING ELSE INSTITUTED THE LAST HALF CENTURY. And the sad thing is, it is continuing. You will bring in one of the nastiest states of tyranny in human history. In fact it is here now. Only currently, it is done with a friendly smile and a warning. The laws are in place and ready to go. UNTIL ALL OF THIS BULL, SENSE PREVAILED EVEN WITH FLAWS. I say this to you now. A progressive comedian making jokes about South Africa and apartheid referenced the number of blacks to whites there. he made a funny of whites getting slaughtered like Little Big Horn. It bought the house down. If this economy tanks,you will find a similar situation and you won't like it. And many of your progressive friends will be switching sides as the coalition of Dem voters is not like the progressive party itself. We have screwed ourselves over. Civility is a thin layer Barefoot. Your used to things being one way and are thumping your chest. Just like the armed criminals. over the years I have noticed that when someone shoots back, they cower.
1 post removed

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3159 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
sure he does, why don't you go over and take a picture of it and post it on the web?
you are dumber than a box of rocks

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3160 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is true.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
You are full of [email protected] anything you post is neither true or factual based.

Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World.

When thinking about the mass extermination camps of a holocaust think..

The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself &, if you don't have the tools to do that, then your going to be at the mercy of whomever wants to put you away.

Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.

The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.

This is in a very large part due to Switzerland's unique system of national defense, developed over the centuries.

Instead of a standing, full-time army, the country requires every man to undergo some form of military training for a few days or weeks a year throughout most of their lives.

Between the ages of 21 and 32 men serve as front line troops. They are given an M-57 assault rifle and 24 rounds of ammunition which they are required to keep at home.

Once discharged, men serve in the Swiss equivalent of the US National Guard, but still have to train occasionally and are given bolt rifles. Women do not have to own firearms, but are encouraged to.

Update 28th December 2010:

Out of nearly 3 million views of this video there are 4358 thumbs up to 427 thumbs down. So, you could say, if any of us lived in any sort of real democracy in this world that would mean that only one in every ten people would like to keep gun control laws. Guess this means that we're not and that the tyrants still have all the real power.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#3162 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
I agree and everybody around in the area owns an assault rifle
Yea... everyone.

You are a m/f c/s liar.

But we knew that already.

Location hidden

#3163 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of [email protected] anything you post is neither true or factual based.
Start with: owning a gun is required.

Location hidden

#3164 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.
AHHH!

Yoo just told us owning a gun was required.

And now ***YOUR*** source says that a measly one person out of three own a firearm!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your own post refutes you!

Location hidden

#3165 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World.
Prove it.

Let's start here:
Top Ten Countries With Lowest Reported Crime

Top Ten Countries With Lowest Reported Crime

[Pin It]
Print
Email
Download
Buy
Ask a question
Map of Top Ten Countries With Lowest Reported Crime
Description : Map shows top ten countries with lowest reported crimes in the world. Disclaimer

Buy Wall Maps and Map Images from our online Map Store.

World Classic Wall Map,laminated

$25

United States Decorator Wall Map, laminated

$25

Digital World map with flags

$25

Digital US map with Alaska in correct place

$25

World Top Ten Countries With Lowest Reported Crime
Country Crime Rate
Burkina Faso 9.30
Mali 10.03
Syria 42.26
Cambodia 47.97
Yemen 63.22
Myanmar 64.54
Angola 71.52
Cameroon 78.17
Vietnam 83.56
Bangladesh 89.66

Here's an index to murder rate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

where Switzerland is 16th.

Location hidden

#3166 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> When i was a child, kids always played games with toy guns all over the place. Cowboys and Indians and other games.
And blacks didn't have the right to vote and were hosed when they march when they tried. Men could beat the snot out of their wives and they weren't arrested for it, and you could get drunk and as long as you didn't run someone over, it was no harm, no foul.

Yeah, I was there. Fun times.

Location hidden

#3167 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The other day a five year old suspended for a bubble gun.
Maybe if no child had ever brought his or her daddy's gun to school and shot a classmate, you could say it was an overreaction.

But many daddies are m/f mor-ons and they do leave the guns where kids can find them, and boys and girls **HAVE** brought guns to school and **some** children have died, on top of the dozens of kids that die in the home because of the stupidity of gun owners like yourself.

So schools have a no tolerance policy- do you want to pretend some toy guns don't look like real guns?

Location hidden

#3168 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
You will bring in one of the nastiest states of tyranny in human history.
You can walk across the border with very little effort.

The USA isn't going to keep you here.

Go.

Tyranny?

You can pick up your crap and leave right now.

Location hidden

#3169 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Crime Rate In The World--they require gun ownership.
If they require gun ownership, why does your links say only one out of three have a gun?

Your link.

And if they have a low crime rate (putting aside they are not close to having the lowest) and only one out of three own guns, and the US, gun ownership is the crime rate is much higher, YOUR logic would make the US have a LOWER crime rate.

In other words: you are full of [email protected]
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3170 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And blacks didn't have the right to vote and were hosed when they march when they tried. Men could beat the snot out of their wives and they weren't arrested for it, and you could get drunk and as long as you didn't run someone over, it was no harm, no foul.
Yeah, I was there. Fun times.
Excuse after excuse after excuse. If you are old. I mean old, I give you a pass. Otherwise. People are tired of this. and unfortunately a divide has formed that is growing. Progressive politics has turned this nation into an insane cess pool. Winning battles is great. Going into insanity after winning is destructive. You talk so rightous, yet all around us things are ten times worse, only in different ways. And it is all held up, not by a foundation, but a fiat currency that can be turned off in a minute by our 'benefactors". Ghettos that never change! A media that reports very little corruption and immoral actions of individuals who have been wronged in the past as you stated. Fifty years of this! Tell me who is ph ukn with you! And I can tell you that 99% of racism against me who it was. And when I opened my mouth with some about wrongs they were doing in any events in life it was almost fighting words also. You make it sound like spousal abuse was massive. It was not. Driving drunk. MADD has been taken over by the lawyers today. Now people are destroyed if they get caught with a few drinks in them. I still can't figure out why every sport stadium does not have a few hundred cops at every exit. Imagine all the money to be made then by the parasite government and lawyers. You was there. Wow man, pass me a doobie. I seen things man. Terrible things man. Like I said. If you are 70 years old or so I give you a pass on race relations.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3171 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if no child had ever brought his or her daddy's gun to school and shot a classmate, you could say it was an overreaction.
But many daddies are m/f mor-ons and they do leave the guns where kids can find them, and boys and girls **HAVE** brought guns to school and **some** children have died, on top of the dozens of kids that die in the home because of the stupidity of gun owners like yourself.
So schools have a no tolerance policy- do you want to pretend some toy guns don't look like real guns?
Tyranny and the architects of fear has destroyed us. We have became a ghetto oriented culture where the bar has been dropped to the curb. Feminism has destroyed our children or made it more difficult to rear them. And people do not look out after each other like they did before. You know everything. You know nothing. Telling people what they experienced in life or else. I own no guns...yet. It is your progressive politics and your blind adherence to world elitists with the stated goal of blending the U.S. into a world government that is driving this. You have been used as we all have. And when they are in control, you won't be needed. As resources will be allocated to real need.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3172 Jan 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can walk across the border with very little effort.
The USA isn't going to keep you here.
Go.
Tyranny?
You can pick up your crap and leave right now.
Unless this is the religious end times, I will at least get some satisfaction of the Homeland Security gestappos dragging useless scum like you out of your dwellings and giving you your final solution indoctrination. Maybe in those final seconds you will realize what you back up. Freedom is hard to attain. But it is easy to give up.
alan

Kansas City, MO

#3173 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Unless this is the religious end times, I will at least get some satisfaction of the Homeland Security gestapo's dragging useless scum like you out of your dwellings and giving you your final solution indoctrination. Maybe in those final seconds you will realize what you back up. Freedom is hard to attain. But it is easy to give up.
Humans cause 99% of the problems on this rock, the other 1% are caused by Mother Nature. Humans live in the moment. Whatever is fresh in their gray matter is all that matters. Today its gum control, tomorrow its whats on their short term memories. The human animal has two functions on the planet, breeding and wealth. Adam and Eve are now Adam and Steve. Sticking that thang anywhere as long as it feels good..........this discussion is over!

Location hidden

#3174 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse after excuse after excuse.
I know, you have a million of them.

Happy to slap them down, one after the next.

Location hidden

#3175 Jan 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
People are tired of this.
Sick and tired: they don't want the NRA and the gun gnutters to keep making these excuses, Americans are tired of picking up the paper and reading about yet another mass shooting- these mass shootings that occur every two weeks, three weeks at most, and they tire of the NRA insisting Americans need to have assault weapons in case their houses in case the US government suddenly turns into a dictatorship overnight, and thank god! that have stupid fat white guys with small dicks that are going to take this country back!

Sandy Hook is on you, you f*king coward, you and people like you.

We are going to lock up your toys and if you can't keep them away from our children, we are going to take them away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,643,041
News Trump discounts sex assault accusations against... 12 min CodeTalker 12
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min lightbeamrider 223,013
News Sen. Al Franken accused of inappropriate behavi... 16 min Ronald 84
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min Ice Man 42,351
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... 26 min inbred Genius 41
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 29 min inbred Genius 215
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 1 hr Smackdown2017 126
More from around the web