Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3133 Jan 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Gun politics in Switzerland
Because Switzerland is practically the same as the USA.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3134 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Switzerland is practically the same as the USA.
no its not.
1 post removed
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#3136 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of [email protected]
The Sandy Hook killer was not a criminal the day before he went on the shooting spree.
Do you want to go down the list?
He was a murderer as soon as he shot his mother so he was already a criminal when he entered the school. Second, he broke the law entering the school with firearms so he was a criminal twice over.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#3137 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people were killed by machine gun last year?
Yet there are about 125,000 "machine guns" owned by private citizens, more than any other time.

Location hidden

#3138 Jan 26, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a murderer as soon as he shot his mother so he was already a criminal when he entered the school. Second, he broke the law entering the school with firearms so he was a criminal twice over.
try to explain the case of Haynes v. United States to barefoot and thinks that conficted felons should have more rights than a law abiding citizens since liberal SCOTUS ruled in favor of convicted felons.

The National Firearms Act of 1934 required the registration of certain types of firearms. Miles Edward Haynes was a convicted felon who was charged with failing to register a firearm under the Act. Haynes argued that, because he was a convicted felon and thus prohibited from owning a firearm, requiring him to register was essentially requiring him to make an open admission to the government that he was in violation of the law, which was thus a violation of his right not to incriminate himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United...
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3139 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think when given the choice you are unable to speak the truth?
Look who I'm talkin to.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#3140 Jan 26, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet there are about 125,000 "machine guns" owned by private citizens, more than any other time.
That lanza boy will burn in hell! But please don't confuse "machine guns" with semi automatic guns. Get educated. Don't let the media distort your mind. Fully automatic machine guns can only be attained by federal or military permit only.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#3141 Jan 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>barefoot2626 thinks convicted Felons should have more rights than law abiding citizens too.
barefoot2626 is an actual "convicted Felon"

Location hidden

#3142 Jan 26, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
barefoot2626 is an actual "convicted Felon"
that explains why barefoot2626 is defending the Liberal Warren Court(Liberal Majoirty 1953 and 1969) that ruled in Haynes v. United States in 1968 favoring of the convicted felon.

The Warren Court refers to the Supreme Court of the United States between 1953 and 1969, when Earl Warren served as Chief Justice. Warren led a liberal majority that used judicial power in dramatic fashion, to the consternation of conservative opponents. The Warren Court expanded civil rights, civil liberties, judicial power, and the federal power in dramatic ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Court

Location hidden

#3143 Jan 26, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>That lanza boy will burn in hell! But please don't confuse "machine guns" with semi automatic guns. Get educated. Don't let the media distort your mind. Fully automatic machine guns can only be attained by federal or military permit only.
yeap my neighbor has a machine gun and has all the Federal Paper Work and used to be a gun dealer.

United States

#3144 Jan 26, 2013
Once you're a convicted felon your rights go directly down the toilet.

Location hidden

#3145 Jan 26, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
Once you're a convicted felon your rights go directly down the toilet.
I agree but the Liberal Majority on the SCOTUS in Haynes v. United States in 1968 didnt and he walked.

United States

#3146 Jan 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>yeap my neighbor has a machine gun and has all the Federal Paper Work and used to be a gun dealer.
more power to him. If he is legal no one should ever take that right from him.

Location hidden

#3147 Jan 26, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>more power to him. If he is legal no one should ever take that right from him.
I agree and everybody around in the area owns an assault rifle and its been that way for 30 years and no problems and I feel safer around here than I would somewhere like Chicago where we have seen how effective gun control is.

United States

#3148 Jan 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and everybody around in the area owns an assault rifle and its been that way for 30 years and no problems and I feel safer around here than I would somewhere like Chicago where we have seen how effective gun control is.
I'm with you as a law abiding citizen you should always have the right to protect yourself, your family and your community. Good for you. Stand strong and never give up.

Location hidden

#3149 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>no its not.
You are a little slow on the uptake.

Location hidden

#3150 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Crime Rate In The World--they require gun ownership.
No they don't.

Why don't you save up some of the tip money you make bringing truckers home to their happy endings and buy a clue.

Switzerland does not require gun ownership.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... what a dolt!

Location hidden

#3151 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
yeap my neighbor has a machine gun
sure he does, why don't you go over and take a picture of it and post it on the web?

Location hidden

#3152 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that explains why barefoot2626 is defending the Liberal Warren Court(Liberal Majoirty 1953 and 1969) that ruled in Haynes v. United States in 1968 favoring of the convicted felon.
Fifth Amendment.

Read.

PS: The Warren Court also had radical ideas about black people having the same rights as white people, and that black people should be able to attend white universities and even to vote.

It must really burn your buns, eh, bigot?

Location hidden

#3153 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but the Liberal Majority on the SCOTUS in Haynes v. United States in 1968 didnt and he walked.
Funny how none of the "conservatives" voted against the ruling.

EH?

PS: Haynes wasn't in jail, he wasn't "freed".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 2 min bad bob 1,137
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,548,910
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 5 min One Womyn Riot 64
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 7,146
News Republican health care plan unveiled: Cut Medic... 7 min Lawrence Wolf 51
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dr Guru 241,615
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 11 min Lawrence Wolf 49
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min JCPete 274,726
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 1 hr old_moose 585
More from around the web