The Essence of hypocrisy on abortion

The Essence of hypocrisy on abortion

There are 268 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 15, 2012, titled The Essence of hypocrisy on abortion. In it, Washington Times reports that:

Essence magazine claims to have a "motivating message" for black women, and to "speak directly to a black woman's spirit, her heart and her unique concerns." "Every month black women rely on Essence for editorial content designed to help them move their lives forward personally, professionally, intellectually and spiritually." The magazine must ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Jul 15, 2012
Black women are also more likely to live in poverty and be unable to support her children. Black men are still more often than not refusing to support their kids. How does that spiritually advance the woman?

The rest is the usual blather about serial abortion-recipient alveda king, whose argument appears to be that "these heifers don't have the same right I did to end my pregnancy." They also forget that sanger opposed abortion.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Black women are also more likely to live in poverty and be unable to support her children. Black men are still more often than not refusing to support their kids. How does that spiritually advance the woman?
The rest is the usual blather about serial abortion-recipient alveda king, whose argument appears to be that "these heifers don't have the same right I did to end my pregnancy." They also forget that sanger opposed abortion.
"serial abortion-recipient"

So this is what you call a woman who has several abortions.
1 post removed

Indianapolis

#4 Jul 16, 2012
I do when they turn completely hypocritical and try to prevent other women from having the same right they exercised--more than once. I dont' care how many abortions a woman has, but don't turn around and pretend you then know what is best for every other woman. Clearly she doesn't have the best judgment or intellect, since she managed to have THREE unwanted pregnancies.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"serial abortion-recipient"
So this is what you call a woman who has several abortions.

Indianapolis

#5 Jul 16, 2012
Sorry, schmuck, but the nly laws we need to follow are through american legislation.
America Is Not The Same wrote:
The only Laws one needs to follow is the Laws set by your CREATOR
THY SHALL NOT KILL
1 post removed

Location hidden

#7 Jul 16, 2012
Aged wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down dear and try to understand the hypocrisy of a woman getting several abortions for herself and then working to prevent other women from having the same opportunity. Makes sense, yes?
Is a woman who has always been prolife but then, because of circomstances in her life, becomes pro"choice" a hypocrite?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#8 Jul 16, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a woman who has always been prolife but then, because of circomstances in her life, becomes pro"choice" a hypocrite?
Of course not. She's enlightened.

Indianapolis

#9 Jul 16, 2012
No, because she isn't trying to stop other women from making their own choices concerning their own pregnancy. Alveda--who is only notable by her genetic ties to fr better people--is a publicity tramp who peddled a series of unwanted pregnancies and a family name into a career.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#10 Jul 17, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, because she isn't trying to stop other women from making their own choices concerning their own pregnancy. Alveda--who is only notable by her genetic ties to fr better people--is a publicity tramp who peddled a series of unwanted pregnancies and a family name into a career.
<quoted text>
So then if this is true then a former smoker shouldn't work to place restrictions on other people smoking, or a fromer alcoholic shouldn't work to restrict another person from drinking, or someone who doesn't want to wear a motorcycly helmet shouldn't work to pass laws to make them manditory, etc....
1 post removed

Indianapolis

#12 Jul 17, 2012
True. We should all be making our OWN decisions and dealing with the consequences in the way we find most acceptable. Can you urge someone not to do what you've done? Sure. Do you have the right to rescind THEIR rights? Absolutely not.

I'm an adult; I don't need a nanny.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So then if this is true then a former smoker shouldn't work to place restrictions on other people smoking, or a fromer alcoholic shouldn't work to restrict another person from drinking, or someone who doesn't want to wear a motorcycly helmet shouldn't work to pass laws to make them manditory, etc....

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#13 Jul 17, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point, but it will pass through liberals brains like todays breeze.

It is confirmed that through their open mindedness; their brains fell out.

Indianapolis

#14 Jul 17, 2012
Okay, I'm a former catholic. I guess I should do everything possible to close down the church, right?
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>Great point, but it will pass through liberals brains like todays breeze.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 17, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Okay, I'm a former catholic. I guess I should do everything possible to close down the church, right?
<quoted text>
I think it would be good use of your time.
2 posts removed
Proud Pro Lifer

Ravenna, OH

#18 Jul 20, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>Great point, but it will pass through liberals brains like todays breeze.
Very funny post. Thanks for the laugh. All true. One thing though, I didn't realize liberals HAD brains? Hahahaha
Proud Pro Lifer

Ravenna, OH

#19 Jul 20, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>Got to love the Dems playing hardball politics for a change. After all it is the GOP that wrote the rules for so many years. It will not be long before the GOP takes its bats and balls and go home. Let's hope it isn't so bad that they start beating each others Bains out. LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO! LMFAO!LMFAO!LMFAO!
The liberal brain at work.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#20 Jul 20, 2012
Odd that none of the silly PLM zealots understand that every abortion is done as the decision of one woman. No conspiracy, nothing but one woman's decision. If AA woman are aborting at a proportionally larger rate, someone who actually cared about live people would ask why & look into resolving those concerns. Oh, wait, no, those are Tupperware. It's only the fetus these people care about.
1 post removed

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#22 Jul 20, 2012
White people are more likely to tell black women how damaging it is for them to have the right to decide whether to give birth or not.

I think maybe it's time...long past time...to let black women decide for themselves whether they want to give birth and raise children.

I'm sure they can speak for themselves, though. They often do, and in a way that I really hope to witness when they confront no-count sexist white boys trying to tell them what to do with their lives.

I look forward to the smack-down.
1 post removed

Indianapolis

#24 Jul 21, 2012
And that's just it--black women ARE finally deciding that having babies they can't afford or raise properly isn't their only choice. Now the PLM is saying it's genocide, mostly because they have no idea what words mean.
Leonine wrote:
White people are more likely to tell black women how damaging it is for them to have the right to decide whether to give birth or not.
I think maybe it's time...long past time...to let black women decide for themselves whether they want to give birth and raise children.
I'm sure they can speak for themselves, though. They often do, and in a way that I really hope to witness when they confront no-count sexist white boys trying to tell them what to do with their lives.
I look forward to the smack-down.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#25 Jul 21, 2012
Abortion is homicide for the sake of convenience.
1 post removed

“WTF is this?”

Since: Dec 11

Europe

#27 Jul 23, 2012
America Is Not The Same wrote:
The only Laws one needs to follow is the Laws set by your CREATOR
THY SHALL NOT KILL
So you campaign to abolish the death penalty too?
1 post removed
Husker

Columbus, NE

#29 Jul 23, 2012
Mrs_Charrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So you campaign to abolish the death penalty too?
Here's a premise we'll gladly join pro-choicers in seeking to enact in law: no killings of convicted capital criminals in exchange for no killings of innocent unborn babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Female candidate quits Kansas race over 2005 ha... 47 min Cordwainer Trout 3
News White House: FBI records show 'extreme bias' ag... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
News Trump Renominates Lesbian to EEOC, and the Righ... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
News Trump slams FBI chiefs while vowing he's - more... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 7
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Johnny 14,973
News Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in... 1 hr Trump is a joke 196
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Is this True 47,087
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr __Joy__ 1,658,869
News Trump should resign amid sexual assault claims:... 5 hr Theocraencyclical 62
News Forged documents falsely accuse Chuck Schumer o... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 30
More from around the web