Russian President Vladimir Putin Nomi...

Russian President Vladimir Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

There are 87 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 3, 2013, titled Russian President Vladimir Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize. In it, EDGE reports that:

An advocacy group has nominated Russia's President Vladimir Putin for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize for his involvement in "a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons," the Washington Times writes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
christina

Mesa, AZ

#1 Oct 3, 2013
What a f'ing joke. Only prize he deserves is a boot up his arse
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Who decides these things? This is nuts. First Obama gets one, and makes war for years. Now Putin who will probably be better at peace then Obama, but he isn't a peace lover either.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#3 Oct 3, 2013
This is not true. The title is made up by a blogger. The real Nobel Prize has a committee that does the selection and no one can imagine giving a Peace prize to someone guilty of so many human rights violations, selling arms to Iran and Syria and rigging an election to get a job. End of story.
Swedenforever

Columbia, MD

#4 Oct 3, 2013
George wrote:
This is not true. The title is made up by a blogger. The real Nobel Prize has a committee that does the selection and no one can imagine giving a Peace prize to someone guilty of so many human rights violations, selling arms to Iran and Syria and rigging an election to get a job. End of story.
ahh the voice of reason-darn those pesky facts! good to hear-will be in Montreal for New Years by the way..
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Oct 3, 2013
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh the voice of reason-darn those pesky facts! good to hear-will be in Montreal for New Years by the way..
Awesome, you should check out the ice sculptures in Quebec City, absolutely beautiful.

Since: Nov 12

Marrickville, Australia

#6 Oct 3, 2013
Yes Putin is a truly great man of peace .
Saved millions of lives.
One of them is Obama's,! eg. had he of entered Syria .
He would nave been maimed with incurable homosexual disease.
I know he has got it already .
But even so it could get much worse and force the US to close down.
I know t hat happened already , but if Obama should up shop because Putin opened up in the Middle East , the fleas that made their home between his legs, Britain France and Israel will out in the cold.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Oct 3, 2013
This is ALMOST as ludicrous as The Obamaniac winning The Nobel Peace Prize.
AKZO - not just a name

United States

#8 Oct 3, 2013
Well, if Bill Clinton can manage to be nominated, Putin should be a shoe in.

BTW: Did you know that the original title was the Nobel Pieces Prize and was a contest in WWI for the greatest number of body pieces from one Nobel explosives charge?

Given the trend in past nominees, they should have kept the original title.
1 post removed
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#10 Oct 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
This is ALMOST as ludicrous as The Obamaniac winning The Nobel Peace Prize.
What's really hilarious is that Obama DID win the Nobel Peace prize!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Oct 5, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> What's really hilarious is that Obama DID win the Nobel Peace prize!
I know. That's why I said it.

btw, when is The Obamaniac "ending the wars" like he promised all those years ago ???
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>I know. That's why I said it.
btw, when is The Obamaniac "ending the wars" like he promised all those years ago ???
Defunding the military along with a government shut down, will end the wars for him!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#13 Oct 5, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Defunding the military along with a government shut down, will end the wars for him!
t what I asked.

He PROMISED in 2008, FIVE YEARS AGO, to "close Guantanamo" and "end the wars". When is he going to fulfill those promises ???
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#14 Oct 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>t what I asked.
He PROMISED in 2008, FIVE YEARS AGO, to "close Guantanamo" and "end the wars". When is he going to fulfill those promises ???
He's a politician! He will promise you anything just to get elected!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Oct 5, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> He's a politician! He will promise you anything just to get elected!
Thank you for admitting that !

:)
insultsreasiers

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#16 Oct 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting that !
:)
stfu dumbfack u probly loved war win bush was making it now obama evades i and cry like ur some peace dove facking idiot shove that fox up ur a@@!!!!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#17 Oct 5, 2013
insultsreasiers wrote:
<quoted text>stfu dumbfack u probly loved war win bush was making it now obama evades i and cry like ur some peace dove facking idiot shove that fox up ur a@@!!!!!
The invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq by the U.S. and our coalition partners was eminently justified, and Bush should have done both a lot earlier than he did.

But Bush never promised to "END THE WARS" like The Obamanaic PROMISED in 2008.

OBAMA LIED. PEOPLE DIED. What happened in Benghazi ? Why won't The Obamaniac tell the TRUTH about that ?

OBAMA LIED. PEOPLE DIED.
Remus

Anonymous Proxy

#18 Oct 5, 2013
christina wrote:
What a f'ing joke. Only prize he deserves is a boot up his arse
He wouldn't enjoy that, he's not gay.
Remus

Anonymous Proxy

#19 Oct 5, 2013
President Vladimir Putin is the greatest leader in the world today!!!

He deserves the Nobel Peace Prize!

Cobbitty, Australia

#20 Oct 6, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq by the U.S. and our coalition partners was eminently justified, and Bush should have done both a lot earlier than he did.
But Bush never promised to "END THE WARS" like The Obamanaic PROMISED in 2008.
OBAMA LIED. PEOPLE DIED. What happened in Benghazi ? Why won't The Obamaniac tell the TRUTH about that ?
OBAMA LIED. PEOPLE DIED.

But only a pitiful small amount , and they were making a fortune selling second hand weapons , probably they burned the wrong people and got a touch up themselves.
But you can't have it both ways , a War Faring Nation has to see their own lives as cheap as chips.
Missiles don't count for shit , everybody's got what the States has got.
Or better.
Al-Qaeda won't work for you again if you can't defend them in Syria.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21 Oct 6, 2013
Just so people will know ...

ANYONE (and I do mean ANYONE) can nominate someone for a Nobel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min thetruth 7,529
News Ireland same-sex marriage 8 min Le Jimbo 412
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min positronium 328,841
News 'They created these people': Rand Paul blames G... 13 min vinod 111
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 13 min Concerned Citizen 1,333
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,234,993
News US proposes lowering required amount of ethanol... 18 min just wondering 16
News Benghazi controversy explained 2 hr woodtick57 186
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 5 hr Synque 335
More from around the web