GOP congressman from New York charged...

GOP congressman from New York charged with insider trading

There are 17 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Aug 8, 2018, titled GOP congressman from New York charged with insider trading. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Republican U.S. Rep. Chris Collins of western New York state has been indicted on charges that he used inside information about a biotechnology company to make illicit stock trades. The indictment charges Collins, the congressman's son and the father of the son's fiance, with conspiracy, wire fraud and other counts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Lawrence Wolf

Salem, MA

#1 Aug 8, 2018
I heard he was trading B@M railroad for Boardwalk!
Trump is a joke

Salem, MA

#2 Aug 8, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I heard he was trading B@M railroad for Boardwalk!
What a dummy you are. It was St. James ave for Baltic!
Kilroy

Edison, NJ

#3 Aug 8, 2018
Watching his statements he certain was wrapping himself in teflon.

Still he couldn't have sold his stock even if wanted to because he was already under investigation.

Also even if he could , he wouldn't because it would still look bad for him so he took the loss

at least its should be a good tax right off.

So he told his son and the family avoided some heavy losses after sell, sell, sell

Still he is a politician and he will have his supporters.

Still it would be intrestesting to watch as it unfolds

Spare Me

United States

#4 Aug 8, 2018
Another domino to fall.
USA Today

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Aug 9, 2018
More Boo Hoo from the Democrats in the absence of anything substantial to offer. Next we can expect to hear from the "Socialist-Communists " Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez crying about Collins being a vicious capitalist because he's trying to make a few bucks the American way. Yawn.....!
404 usa

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2018
agreed
Clarify Please

Peabody, MA

#7 Aug 9, 2018
USA Today wrote:
More Boo Hoo from the Democrats in the absence of anything substantial to offer. Next we can expect to hear from the "Socialist-Communists " Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez crying about Collins being a vicious capitalist because he's trying to make a few bucks the American way. Yawn.....!
Insider trading is against the law. Are you suggesting that the American Way of making a few bucks is illegal and ok to do?
Kilroy

Edison, NJ

#8 Aug 9, 2018
Unfortunately for him is illegal insider trading is when company exec's, friends, relatives or anyone uses information that in ot publicly known.

So if he committed a crime and the repubs still thinks that he still deserves to hold a public office

then don't worry because Trump will pardon him.
Putins Glock Holster

United States

#9 Aug 9, 2018
Kilroy wrote:
Unfortunately for him is illegal insider trading is when company exec's, friends, relatives or anyone uses information that in ot publicly known.

So if he committed a crime and the repubs still thinks that he still deserves to hold a public office

then don't worry because Trump will pardon him.
president pumpkinhead is draining the swamp with pardons?
cookie

Conroe, TX

#10 Aug 9, 2018
Martha Stewart spent about 18 month in the federal pen for insider trading if I remember correctly.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 9, 2018
Trump is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>

What a dummy you are. It was St. James ave for Baltic!
Beware the fake Lawrence Wolves. Envious activism.
davy

Colby, KS

#12 Aug 9, 2018
fat al sharpton owes millions in back taxes,why is he not locked up,because there seems to be different rules if you are a low life piece of shit democrat

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 9, 2018
davy wrote:
fat al sharpton owes millions in back taxes,why is he not locked up,because there seems to be different rules if you are a low life piece of shit democrat
You might be right. Let's lock up Trump and find out.

Millions of Americans owe back taxes, including both Republicans and Democrats

But Trump is not being investigated for owing back taxes. The reason for seeing his tax returns is that there is plenty of smoke regarding potential criminal financial dealings.

There should be a law requiring anyone running for public office to make their finances completely open to the public, tax returns included.
davy

Colby, KS

#14 Aug 9, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You might be right. Let's lock up Trump and find out.

Millions of Americans owe back taxes, including both Republicans and Democrats

But Trump is not being investigated for owing back taxes. The reason for seeing his tax returns is that there is plenty of smoke regarding potential criminal financial dealings.

There should be a law requiring anyone running for public office to make their finances completely open to the public, tax returns included.
was not talking about trump,oh spin meister you libtards are a hoot
justice for all

Chicago, IL

#15 Aug 9, 2018
davey wrote:
<quoted text>

fat al sharpton owes millions in back taxes,why is he not locked up,because there seems to be different rules if you are a low life piece of shit democrat

Anthony Weiner D-NY
Steve Stockman R-TX
Corrine Brown D-FL
Greg Gianforte R- MT
Chaka Fattah D-PA
Dennis Hastert R-IL
Jesse Jackson Jr D-IL
Michael Grimm R-NY
Laura Richerson D-CA
Rick Renzi R-AZ
Quirky

Denver, CO

#16 Aug 9, 2018
davy wrote:
fat al sharpton owes millions in back taxes,why is he not locked up,because there seems to be different rules if you are a low life piece of shit democrat
He would also claim excessive force and racism if they were to arrest him.
Kilroy

Atlanta, GA

#17 Aug 10, 2018
davy wrote:
fat al sharpton owes millions in back taxes,why is he not locked up,because there seems to be different rules if you are a low life piece of shit democrat
A lot of people own back taxes and how much he owes is under the privacy act

Yet this story is from 3 years ago

The reason that Sharpton is not in prison is that he owned up to owing back taxes and probably reached a settlement agreement to pay what the agreement calls for. So he been cooperating because its easier for the IRS to get the money with their cooperation than putting them in jail where they will probably get nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elizabeth Warren: DNA test shows strong likelih... 4 min Faith 206
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lionh... 109,946
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,843,998
News Trump on rally blitz as he tries to stave off D... 5 min RIP 36
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 10 min Xqz 11,068
News Trump criticizes rush to condemn Saudi Arabia o... 11 min anonymous 18
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min Robert F 363,216