Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers

There are 102 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 18, 2012, titled Gun backers want to arm schoolteachers. In it, SFGate reports that:

Andrea Clark holds son Tyler, 1, as they visit his grandfather Bill Morgan's Guns, Fishing and Other Stuff store in Vacaville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
I'm a gun rights advocate, and arming teachers is a bad idea. Teachers are typically liberal pacifists. Securing campuses and classroom doors would be a good start. Also, criminal background checks for ALL guns should be mandatory in ALL states.
First Take Jobs-Then Guns

Monrovia, CA

#2 Dec 18, 2012
http://rss.infowars.com/Alex.rss

Alex Jones brought up a good point on his December 17, 2012 show that most people won't talk about. Listen to the first hour of the podcasted show.

Why are hard leftist and national spotlighted politicians like Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schummer, and Michael Bloomberg -all part of the Israeli lobby in America- trying to disarm America.

They are by far the loudest voices going after the second ammendmant right now in America but openly lobby for US taxpayers to arm Israelis so they can defend themselves. And yes, Israel has a right to defend itself but so do Americans.

http://www.infowars.com/feinstein-targets-gun...

http://planet.infowars.com/guns/eric-holder-w...

The Connetecuit shootings were a horrific tragedy but going after the second ammendmant is not the answer.

These mass shootings always happen where there are strict gun control laws and the public is disarmed -remember criminals will always find access to guns whether they are outlawed or not and innocent civilians are usually the victims of mass shootings.

The answer to these mass shootings is to train and arm responsable US civilians including trusted school faculty on how to defend students from any crazies that show up until cops arrive. We need less guns in the hands of criminals and more guns in the hands of innocent law abiding citizens who are trained how to responsibly own and use firearms.

Isnt't it wierd how after the election all of a sudden all these shootings take place and now gun control is at the top of the headlines. You have the NFL (Bob Costas), news media figures, and national politicians now engaging in a full court press for gun control.

Look how the corporate media is promoting that guns be taken away so Americans citizens can't defend themselves from all forms of criminality.

The media is being absolutely transparent in its attempt to brainwash Americans into believeing that we don't have the right to defend ourselves with the second ammendmant. This should alarm all American citizens given the fact our government has been seized by Communist revolutionaries backed with offshore corporate fascist money.

These bought out political revolutionaries within our illegitimiate federal government are now aggitating the rest of the world and garnering hatred against America from countries like Russia, China, South America, and the Middle East.

The type of facism that is now being pushed in America was used in Stalanist Russia, Cuba, Nazi Germany, Fascist Argentina, Corrupt Mexico, to name a few examples. It's the same gameplan now being used on America.

And every time a country was destroyed and remade into a failed state/dictatorship it started by disarming the general public so people could get bullied by the tyrants into further authoritarianism with no way to fight back.

Now is not the time to disarm America. Pull your money out of the major banks so they can't create derivatives with it and put it in local credit unions or small banks. Call out/ vote out politicians that want to disarm America and boycott the corporate media by turning to non corporate news.

If these politicians want gun control why don't they get rid of their personal entourage of taxpayer paid for armed security/bodygaurds. They want gun control for citizens, not themselves.

Americans can put a stop to this tyrany as most people are now waking up from their trances because the tyranny is so in your face.

The New World Order lackeys must be nuts to think this gameplan will work in America for very long being this blatant. Americans of all political persuasion will never disarm -we are not stupid. Liberal or conserative we just love our freedom too damn much.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 18, 2012
I'm against arming teachers because the guns can fall into the wrong hands. Falling into the wrong hands is what got us where we are today. Schools will have to become like airports and municipal buildings with people going through a weapons scanner, and with layers of doors and bullet proof doors that lock if the scanner goes off. This guy should not have been able to shoot his way in. Our municipal buildings have more protection than a school and that's not right. Kids want to learn without fear. If my teacher had a gun I'd be afraid to even get a wrong answer. What if the teacher is a bit "touched" in the head?
America Is Not A Rollover

Monrovia, CA

#4 Dec 18, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
I'm against arming teachers because the guns can fall into the wrong hands. Falling into the wrong hands is what got us where we are today. Schools will have to become like airports and municipal buildings with people going through a weapons scanner, and with layers of doors and bullet proof doors that lock if the scanner goes off. This guy should not have been able to shoot his way in. Our municipal buildings have more protection than a school and that's not right. Kids want to learn without fear. If my teacher had a gun I'd be afraid to even get a wrong answer. What if the teacher is a bit "touched" in the head?
Screen them well. Banning guns will only empower the bad guys.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#5 Dec 18, 2012
All too often people why buy guns for their own protection wind up being shot by their own guns, as happened in Connecticut to the mother of the school shooter.

Law enforcement officials have told us that over and over and over.

The Connecticut shooting is yet another example that law enforcement officials know more about this subject than most civilians know, which is why law enforcement officials should be the ones with the guns in public places.

I've been asking for days if anybody has any EVIDENCE from a credible source of any armed civilian EVER, anywhere, preventing, stopping or even having any effect on a mass shooting.

So far, nobody has been able to find such evidence from any credible source.(Wishful thinking or word of mouth from a gun club blog is not a credible source.)
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Researcher wrote:
All too often people why buy guns for their own protection wind up being shot by their own guns, as happened in Connecticut to the mother of the school shooter.
Law enforcement officials have told us that over and over and over.
The Connecticut shooting is yet another example that law enforcement officials know more about this subject than most civilians know, which is why law enforcement officials should be the ones with the guns in public places.
I've been asking for days if anybody has any EVIDENCE from a credible source of any armed civilian EVER, anywhere, preventing, stopping or even having any effect on a mass shooting.
So far, nobody has been able to find such evidence from any credible source.(Wishful thinking or word of mouth from a gun club blog is not a credible source.)
More opinion from the lazy ass so called researcher.
Here is the start

Vacaville, CA

#7 Dec 18, 2012
I would like to see the owners of these guns that are stolen and used to commit murder be held just as responsible as an accomplice.
If not for their lack of responsibility their fire arms would not of been stolen and used for murder or any crime.
God Bless America

Paris, France

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Emjoe wrote:
I'm a gun rights advocate, and arming teachers is a bad idea. Teachers are typically liberal pacifists. Securing campuses and classroom doors would be a good start. Also, criminal background checks for ALL guns should be mandatory in ALL states.
Agreed ! And put an armed guard with military training inside every school in America as well ! There are thousands of good people who get honorably discharged for the US Military every month and who then can't find a decent job... if they had put an ex-Marine with an M16 inside every American school after Columbine those 20 kids in Connecticut might still be alive today !

Location hidden

#9 Dec 18, 2012
If this is such a perfect solution, why didn't it work for Newtown? The "bad guy" got the guns from his own home.
America Is Not A Rollover wrote:
<quoted text>
Screen them well. Banning guns will only empower the bad guys.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Properly and constantly screened, trained, and updated, this is worth discussion.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Won't happen. Even with all the laws we have no one has the resources to enforce and monitor these laws. The last ban on assault rifles decreased mass shootings. We have to take the candy out of the baby's hands if we want any results. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if the guns had been locked up properly so a mentally disturbed person couldn't get them. But hey, I'm sure the enthused gun owner thought she were so protected.
A Thought wrote:
Properly and constantly screened, trained, and updated, this is worth discussion.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Emjoe wrote:
LOL !! You are NOT a gun rights advocate, you're a gun rights HATER.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Emjoe wrote:
I am showing my age but the teachers I had especially in High School that were no shrinking violets. Several were combat hardened veterans that could handle themselves quite well. One of them had nightmares until the day he died from being one of the first Americans to enter Dachau concentration camp in Germany. Teachers today do not have the balls or grit that the teachers in my day had.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 18, 2012
Teachers have enough to do besides carrying weapons too. Those teachers were magnificent without guns saving quite a few children. I dare anyone to say otherwise. We complain so much about teachers, and now people want them to become armed guards too? Are you willing to pay them extra for that protection? Next time the teachers union strikes, get out there and support them.
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>I am showing my age but the teachers I had especially in High School that were no shrinking violets. Several were combat hardened veterans that could handle themselves quite well. One of them had nightmares until the day he died from being one of the first Americans to enter Dachau concentration camp in Germany. Teachers today do not have the balls or grit that the teachers in my day had.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Yes, we sould pay those that make the cut extra...
Teacher

Caddo Mills, TX

#16 Dec 18, 2012
I'm a 4-8th grade teacher, and I strongly support arming faculty members or at least administrators. A few rifles in the office of each campus is a good idea. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

It's sad that we go to such lengths to protect our money (with firearms) yet we only protect our children with good intentions! A "law" or a "gun free zone" sign will not stop a psycho, so it's better to be armed and able to defend yourself and those around you.

Just a little side note that some might find interesting, one of my previous principals in another district used to keep a rifle in a cabinet in his office, and a pistol in his coat at all times.

Even though it was illegal technically, he said he'd rather face prosecution for illegal carry than to see his employees or students come to harm because everyone was defenseless. THAT is the kind of mentality we NEED in America again!
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#17 Dec 18, 2012
I say go with custodians, teachers, or any full time employee who meet standards... Administrators; sure, but think how offen they're off campus at meetings and such.....

A Gun in the hand is worth more than two in the bush..........

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Dec 18, 2012
Teacher wrote:
I'm a 4-8th grade teacher, and I strongly support arming faculty members or at least administrators. A few rifles in the office of each campus is a good idea. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
It's sad that we go to such lengths to protect our money (with firearms) yet we only protect our children with good intentions! A "law" or a "gun free zone" sign will not stop a psycho, so it's better to be armed and able to defend yourself and those around you.
Just a little side note that some might find interesting, one of my previous principals in another district used to keep a rifle in a cabinet in his office, and a pistol in his coat at all times.
Even though it was illegal technically, he said he'd rather face prosecution for illegal carry than to see his employees or students come to harm because everyone was defenseless. THAT is the kind of mentality we NEED in America again!
Good for your former principal. He had the right idea and no harm was done by it. The idea of having it and not needing it over needing it and not having it makes sense.
same

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Dec 18, 2012
First Take Jobs-Then Guns wrote:
lunatic spam

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#20 Dec 19, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
Won't happen. Even with all the laws we have no one has the resources to enforce and monitor these laws.
You trust them with kids but don't trust them being armed with kids. Male teachers don't need guns to harm kids, dipshit.
jenny623 wrote:
The last ban on assault rifles decreased mass shootings.
Cho shot sixty and killed half of them using a pistol. Like all antigun nuts, you're a habitual liar.

jenny623 wrote:
We wouldn't even be having this conversation if the guns had been locked up properly so a mentally disturbed person couldn't get them. But hey, I'm sure the enthused gun owner thought she were so protected.
We wouldn't even be having this conversation if school principals were armed. Mentally disturbed hoplophobes are the reason they are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Eagle 12 10,746
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Homer 1,263,393
News Planned Parenthood chief slams 'sensationalized... 4 min Cat74 52
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,511
News Stressful times for low-polling Republicans who... 6 min Cat74 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Taletha 336,569
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 9 min Chicagoan by Birth 43
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min IND 190,042
More from around the web