Stay the course, Republicans

There are 20 comments on the New York Daily News story from Nov 8, 2012, titled Stay the course, Republicans. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

They lose and immediately the chorus begins. Republicans must change or die. A rump party of white America, it must adapt to evolving demographics or forever be the minority.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#336 Nov 17, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Personally, I think these voter suppression tactics that republican politicans imposed on people in Florida and Ohio ARE a form of VOTER FRAUD, and should be made illegal on a NATIONAL level, not just at the state level.
Republicans imposed voter suppression just to get a win for Romney. Thank goodness they LOST.
Since this worthless party sold itself to the tea people,they have gotton worse with things.
1 post removed
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#338 Nov 17, 2012
KILLERS wrote:
<quoted text>Since this worthless party sold itself to the tea people,they have gotton worse with things.
Reagan would not recognize the party he once headed. Reagan would be run out of the current GOP as a RINO.

They've lost their bearings.
1 post removed
Realist

Cantonment, FL

#340 Nov 17, 2012
The boat is sinking, folks.

You didn't build enough lifeboats when you should have.

Better start holding hands and sharing life vests.

Some of you should ask yourselves- Do I BITE the bullet, or EAT the bullet?
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#341 Nov 17, 2012
KILLERS wrote:
<quoted text>Since this worthless party sold itself to the tea people,they have gotton worse with things.
A country KILLER you are indeed!
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#342 Nov 17, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, cookie, it is the REPUBLICANS who pushed the VOTER SUPPRESSION tactics in their states. Luckily for all Americans, your voter suppression tactics DIDN'T work.
As far as I'M concerned, voter suppression IS another form of VOTER FRAUD, and should be made illegal in all 50 states.
There was no voter suppression by Republicans.

There was an incredible amount of Truth Suppression by Democrats and the in the tank Media.

In the end the suppression of truth allowed the fraudulent to win!
Buzzcut

Worcester, MA

#343 Nov 17, 2012
The Republicans need to stand up for America's Unemployed and enact an Immigration Moratorium until at least 18 million of the current 23 million unemployed and underemployed are back to work.

Until the unemployed and underemployed are back to work we have no need of any immigration and the costs of immigration are a luxury we cannot afford.

There is no need to drive us off the fiscal cliff for immigration we do not need.
acknowledge that

Rochester, MN

#344 Nov 17, 2012
Real comprehensive immigration reform would be to arrest anyone found here to be illegal
acknowledge that

Rochester, MN

#345 Nov 17, 2012
SB 1070 for all 50 States
lost cause

Terre Haute, IN

#346 Nov 17, 2012
KILLERS wrote:
Coming from someone that obviously votes party line. You're a big problem with America today.
lost cause

Terre Haute, IN

#347 Nov 17, 2012
Foo ill respond when I get a chance to read your link. :)
Lay-C

Peoria, IL

#348 Nov 17, 2012
I would just like to say I was a struggling single mother of three children; two of which have special needs. I met my husband in 2006 and has been nothing but a blessing to me and my children. Yes, my husband is ilegal immigrant! We want him to continue to be here so our kids don't have to do without his fatherly figure and hard work and dedication to my family...Not all illegals are bad they do pay taxes and not by stealing idenities! My husband came here at 14, How would u feel if u had to come to another country to make any money? Could you live in a country where u got paid 14 dollars a week to feed ur family? We are all immigrants of immigrants....Stop judging! Think about what it states on the statue of liberty...Why do u think so many of our immigrant ansestors came here in the first place? To make their future better, are we making our future better by not having open arms to those who want to be a citizen? Why would you people deny a family to be together? I think its wrong for American people to judge anybody especially a race that yes breaks the law, but wants to pay their debts to society!
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#349 Nov 17, 2012
Lay-C wrote:
I would just like to say I was a struggling single mother of three children; two of which have special needs. I met my husband in 2006 and has been nothing but a blessing to me and my children. Yes, my husband is ilegal immigrant! We want him to continue to be here so our kids don't have to do without his fatherly figure and hard work and dedication to my family...Not all illegals are bad they do pay taxes and not by stealing idenities! My husband came here at 14, How would u feel if u had to come to another country to make any money? Could you live in a country where u got paid 14 dollars a week to feed ur family? We are all immigrants of immigrants....Stop judging! Think about what it states on the statue of liberty...Why do u think so many of our immigrant ansestors came here in the first place? To make their future better, are we making our future better by not having open arms to those who want to be a citizen? Why would you people deny a family to be together? I think its wrong for American people to judge anybody especially a race that yes breaks the law, but wants to pay their debts to society!
the law is the law and it must be enforced anything less than deportation is amnesty. The fact that your boyfriend had to leave his country is his problem I don't care maybe if he wasn't such a coward he would go back along with the rest of them and demand a better life from his government. Granting amnesty would be a slap to the face of the Americans people. I have more respect for Mexican cartel members than I do for border jumpers. Yeah I said it you bunch of cowards
Cold Hard Truth

Cantonment, FL

#350 Nov 18, 2012
Actually, between gerrymandering districts, restricting early voting, and the incompetence (real or feigned) shown by Election Supervisors, Rick Scott & his corrupt band of republicans in the state legislature DID engage in Voter Suppression here in Florida.
Buzzcut wrote:
<quoted text>
There was an incredible amount of Truth Suppression by Democrats and the in the tank Media.
---and that's just...
the Cold Hard Truth

...and NO, I didn't vote for Barry- or YOUR guy, Mittens. Gary Johnson, Former NM Governor.

The rest of you really OUGHT to consider more than the standard 2 batches of crooks each time these things roll around.
1 post removed
Ocean56

AOL

#352 Nov 18, 2012
KILLERS wrote:
Since this worthless party sold itself to the tea people,they have gotton worse with things.
Yep, I agree with this too. I have NEVER voted republican, and that's not about to change.
Ocean56

AOL

#353 Nov 18, 2012
Buzzcut wrote:
Riiiiiiiiight, pal, just like there was no WAR on women. Only there WAS a war on women and women's rights, so your denial of voter suppression is a lame one, to put it politely.

As far as I'M concerned, the ONLY form of VOTER FRAUD was committed by republicans like John Husted in Ohio and Rick Scott in Florida in a desperate attempt to get their clown Romney elected. Thank goodness for the country that the republicans LOST, and lost big time too.
LOL

Kansas City, MO

#354 Nov 18, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiight, pal, just like there was no WAR on women. Only there WAS a war on women and women's rights, so your denial of voter suppression is a lame one, to put it politely.
As far as I'M concerned, the ONLY form of VOTER FRAUD was committed by republicans like John Husted in Ohio and Rick Scott in Florida in a desperate attempt to get their clown Romney elected. Thank goodness for the country that the republicans LOST, and lost big time too.
War on women? What a fricking joke! The Fed Gov pays women less than men. Care to explain that?
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#355 Nov 18, 2012
David UK wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's people like you that repulsed the electorate and drive them to the Obama camp, your countrys demographics are changing fast & unless the Repubs change, things will only get harder.
you sound like one of the idiots from fox news Latino. I guess Obama won just because of the Latino vote? Americans were divide on many issues and that's why Obama won. The Latino vote dosent matter as much as la rata wants to belive hell bush got just a bit more of the Latino vote in his second election and it didn't even matter and its because white Americans weren't as divided then as they have been during the last two elections. Republicans will take a different stance on many issues in the future I'm sure but immigration won't be one of them.oh and before you call me a racist white guy I just want to let you know I'm Hispanic.were a nation of laws and those laws must be enforced. Oh Yeah one last thing mind your f&?king business you don't see me sticking my nose in what goes on in her majesty's precious UK

Location hidden

#356 Nov 18, 2012
Buzzcut wrote:
<quoted text>
A country KILLER you are indeed!
Who cares what you think? Not me.

Location hidden

#357 Nov 18, 2012
David UK wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's people like you that repulsed the electorate and drive them to the Obama camp, your countrys demographics are changing fast & unless the Repubs change, things will only get harder.
I think its to late for republicans,they are so far gone its gross to even watch them.Republians sold out to the tea party,an must do the will of the PLedge Leader.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#358 Nov 18, 2012
KILLERS wrote:
<quoted text>I think its to late for republicans,they are so far gone its gross to even watch them.Republians sold out to the tea party,an must do the will of the PLedge Leader.
I donated to, voted for and worked for Republican candidates and Republican causes for over 30 years.

I'm still a conservative, but I can not stomach the collection of liars, illiterates and bigots who currently call themselves Republicans.

Reagan would not even recognize the current generation of Republicans. Reagan would be run out of today's party as a RINO.

That is why I am now (very) INDEPENDENT. I've voted for Obama twice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min DAVID27 309,744
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,223,772
News Celebrities turn up for Floyd Mayweather-Manny ... 7 min fartman1 5
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 8 min barefoot2626 478
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques Ottawa 187,785
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 9 min INFIDEL 1,075
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 14 min sarabella 1,169
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 39 min Free Speech 180,205
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 49 min Cheech the Conser... 326,080
News Rand Paul: Societal problems in Baltimore inclu... 5 hr Le Jimbo 155
More from around the web