Michael Flynn's rise and fall: From T...

Michael Flynn's rise and fall: From Trump's favorite general to federal guilty plea

There are 280 comments on the NOLA.com story from Dec 1, 2017, titled Michael Flynn's rise and fall: From Trump's favorite general to federal guilty plea. In it, NOLA.com reports that:

Michael Flynn was President Donald Trump 's favorite general, rapidly vaulted to prominence by his fiery speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention and Trump's decision to reward him with a plum job as his top national security aide. Flynn's plunge was even faster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA.com.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#1 Dec 1, 2017
He told Mueller the same thing he told the Trump team..........and was forced to resign over lying.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#2 Dec 1, 2017
Obama Held Secret Talks With Iran, Syria Weeks Before Election
U.S. President Barack Obama employed representatives to hold secret high-level talks with Iran and Syria months prior to his election as president.

Contact Editor Malkah Fleisher, 02/02/09 15:37

Ahmadinejad and ObamaAhmadinejad and Obamaphoto collage: file

United States President Barack Obama employed representatives and experts to hold secret high-level talks with Iran and Syria months prior to his election as president, organizers of the meetings told Agence France Presse on Monday.

Over the past few months, Obama campaign and election officials, as well as nuclear non-proliferation experts, had several "very, very high-level" contacts with Iranian leaders, according to Jeffrey Boutwell, executive director for the U.S. branch of the Pugwash group, a Nobel Prize-winning international organization of scientists. Former defense secretary William Perry, who served in Obama's election campaign, also participated in some of the meetings, which included discussions on Iran's nuclear program and the Arab-Israeli conflict. Though Boutwell refused to name other participants, he said they were senior figures in the Iranian and US governments.

The United States and Iran have had no official diplomatic relationship since the overthrow of the Shah and the institution of the Islamic Republic, 30 years ago. The U.S. accuses Iran of developing nuclear weapons.

Oh My, Obama consorting with terrorist before the election..........special prosecutor time.
Morality abandoned

Alexandria, VA

#3 Dec 1, 2017
Michael Flynn has abandoned his morality and the trust of the country. This NeoPube party is a disaster. Joe Barton is married with kids and cheated on his wife with 3 different ladies.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#4 Dec 1, 2017
Morality abandoned wrote:
Michael Flynn has abandoned his morality and the trust of the country. This NeoPube party is a disaster. Joe Barton is married with kids and cheated on his wife with 3 different ladies.
Gosh, if you got an hour, I'll list all the liberals.
Republican Judges

Alexandria, VA

#5 Dec 1, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>

Gosh, if you got an hour, I'll list all the liberals.
Lock him up! with Hastert and Mcdonald! Lock him up! with Hastert and Mcdonald!
1 post removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Dec 1, 2017
Ms Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>

The alt-left better prepare for more butt hurt, how much money was wasted on an investigation, that was investigating individuals that were known NOT to have violated the law, they have pushed this fake Russian deal so hard they are pushing Hillary right into prison.
It's called selective prosecution. Besides hillary would never lie.
1 post removed
Uh oh

Beverly, MA

#9 Dec 1, 2017
Nothingburger must be tasting pretty bitter to Trump and Co. Right now.
OneWomynRiot

United States

#10 Dec 1, 2017
When Mueller had enough 'goods' on Flynn Junior as well as Senior, the pressure was on; and Flynn Senior popped like a zit. Prepare for the DonnyDayCare House to go apeshytt with irrelevant distractions, wacky tweets, and more self-induced chaos.
OneWomynRiot

United States

#11 Dec 2, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
He told Mueller the same thing he told the Trump team..........and was forced to resign over lying.
Pence knew everything the whole time. Pence was playing CYA (Cover Your Azz). The entire tRump 'administration' is a two-bit dog and pony show whose days are numbered. Flynn has flipped to save his and his son's azzes, and much more is soon to come. It will all come out in the wash, as the old-timers say.
Cordwainer Trout

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Dec 2, 2017
The charge and Flynn's guilty plea have absolutely nothing to do with any collusion with anyone to influence any election. The wishful thinking of the extremist Leftists will once again be exposed as irrational and libelous. In fact, the charge and the guilty plea shows Trump correct once again. The real crimes of the collusion and conspiracies of the Democrats with the FBI, other Federal Agencies and foreign governments and actors is being covered up with the shell game Mueller is playing.
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#13 Dec 2, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
Obama Held Secret Talks With Iran, Syria Weeks Before Election
U.S. President Barack Obama employed representatives to hold secret high-level talks with Iran and Syria months prior to his election as president.

Contact Editor Malkah Fleisher, 02/02/09 15:37

Ahmadinejad and ObamaAhmadinejad and Obamaphoto collage: file

United States President Barack Obama employed representatives and experts to hold secret high-level talks with Iran and Syria months prior to his election as president, organizers of the meetings told Agence France Presse on Monday.

Over the past few months, Obama campaign and election officials, as well as nuclear non-proliferation experts, had several "very, very high-level" contacts with Iranian leaders, according to Jeffrey Boutwell, executive director for the U.S. branch of the Pugwash group, a Nobel Prize-winning international organization of scientists. Former defense secretary William Perry, who served in Obama's election campaign, also participated in some of the meetings, which included discussions on Iran's nuclear program and the Arab-Israeli conflict. Though Boutwell refused to name other participants, he said they were senior figures in the Iranian and US governments.

The United States and Iran have had no official diplomatic relationship since the overthrow of the Shah and the institution of the Islamic Republic, 30 years ago. The U.S. accuses Iran of developing nuclear weapons.

Oh My, Obama consorting with terrorist before the election..........special prosecutor time.
Doesn't appear there were any negotiations concerning what then was current American foreign policy.

Talking to foreign governments isn't against the law. Laying out an agenda that undermines the existing United States policy before you take office is a violation of the Logan Act.
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#14 Dec 2, 2017
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The charge and Flynn's guilty plea have absolutely nothing to do with any collusion with anyone to influence any election. The wishful thinking of the extremist Leftists will once again be exposed as irrational and libelous. In fact, the charge and the guilty plea shows Trump correct once again. The real crimes of the collusion and conspiracies of the Democrats with the FBI, other Federal Agencies and foreign governments and actors is being covered up with the shell game Mueller is playing.
Flynn's guilty deal lays a foundation for obstruction of justice charges against Trump and possibly conspiracy against the United States.

Trump badgered and finally fired Comey to protect Flynn. Trump also badgered Congress to end their investigation and Trump consistently sought after the Attorney general to disrupt the special prosecutor all with the intent of trying to insulate Flynn and any other associaties and aids from interrogation.

The lies are trackable right now up to Pence. Flynn has already admitted to receiving his instructions from executive level transition team members. That would be VP Pence and Trump. Pence lied, on a national televised interview saying that Flynn's telephone call to Kislyka on or around Dec 27th was a holiday greeting when the call was actually bargaining with Russia to veto the UN security council vote on Israel and to assure Russia Trump would remove the Obama sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election if Putin did not immediately respond to the Russian embassy in Maryland being shut down

Of course that phone call between Kislyka and Flynn was recorded by the FBI
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#15 Dec 2, 2017
OneWomynRiot wrote:
<quoted text>

Pence knew everything the whole time. Pence was playing CYA (Cover Your Azz). The entire tRump 'administration' is a two-bit dog and pony show whose days are numbered. Flynn has flipped to save his and his son's azzes, and much more is soon to come. It will all come out in the wash, as the old-timers say.
Pence is in this up to his neck. Pence tried to run cover by lying. His fingers are sticky
Uncle Thomas Payne

Manteca, CA

#16 Dec 2, 2017
OneWomynRiot wrote:
When Mueller had enough 'goods' on Flynn Junior as well as Senior, the pressure was on; and Flynn Senior popped like a zit. Prepare for the DonnyDayCare House to go apeshytt with irrelevant distractions, wacky tweets, and more self-induced chaos.
If Mueller had any goods, any goods at all on Trump, he would have brought out charges long ago.
Uncle Thomas Payne

Manteca, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Flynn's guilty deal lays a foundation for obstruction of justice charges against Trump and possibly conspiracy against the United States.

Trump badgered and finally fired Comey to protect Flynn. Trump also badgered Congress to end their investigation and Trump consistently sought after the Attorney general to disrupt the special prosecutor all with the intent of trying to insulate Flynn and any other associaties and aids from interrogation.

The lies are trackable right now up to Pence. Flynn has already admitted to receiving his instructions from executive level transition team members. That would be VP Pence and Trump. Pence lied, on a national televised interview saying that Flynn's telephone call to Kislyka on or around Dec 27th was a holiday greeting when the call was actually bargaining with Russia to veto the UN security council vote on Israel and to assure Russia Trump would remove the Obama sanctions on Russia for meddling in the election if Putin did not immediately respond to the Russian embassy in Maryland being shut down

Of course that phone call between Kislyka and Flynn was recorded by the FBI
Allow me to be the first one today to remind you just how much of an idiot you are.
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#18 Dec 2, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
He told Mueller the same thing he told the Trump team..........and was forced to resign over lying.
Trump tried to quickly disassociate himself from Flynn

ROFL

That aint working...Flynn took his directions exclusively from Pence and Trump. Any negotiations with another government can only come from the top of the pyramid.

Flynn's loyalty only went so far. Flynn's deal keeps his son from being branded a felon. Notice Flynn went to his son's home right after court.

ROFL

Trump is hallucinating. He thinks he's really a NYC Mafia Don

ROFL
Uncle Thomas Payne

San Mateo, CA

#19 Dec 2, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Doesn't appear there were any negotiations concerning what then was current American foreign policy.

Talking to foreign governments isn't against the law. Laying out an agenda that undermines the existing United States policy before you take office is a violation of the Logan Act.
The Logan Act is for private citizens engaging in unauthorized foreign diplomacy.
Incoming POTUS transition team members are duly authorized officials of newly elected leadership. They are not unauthorized private citizens.
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#20 Dec 2, 2017
Uncle Thomas Payne wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mueller had any goods, any goods at all on Trump, he would have brought out charges long ago.
Then he wouldn't have the goods to bring down all the players. Mueller is plucking the cartel one by one.
Retribution

Lansdale, PA

#21 Dec 2, 2017
Uncle Thomas Payne wrote:
<quoted text>
The Logan Act is for private citizens engaging in unauthorized foreign diplomacy.
Incoming POTUS transition team members are duly authorized officials of newly elected leadership. They are not unauthorized private citizens.
in Dec 2016 Trump and Flynn were private citizens engaging in unauthorized policy discussion.

There is only ONE President at a time in America.
Uncle Thomas Payne

Manteca, CA

#22 Dec 2, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Trump tried to quickly disassociate himself from Flynn

ROFL

That aint working...Flynn took his directions exclusively from Pence and Trump. Any negotiations with another government can only come from the top of the pyramid.

Flynn's loyalty only went so far. Flynn's deal keeps his son from being branded a felon. Notice Flynn went to his son's home right after court.

ROFL

Trump is hallucinating. He thinks he's really a NYC Mafia Don

ROFL
The hallucination is yours. It is a duty of our POTUS to direct staff to contact foreign embassadors as the POTUS sees fit. It is also an expected duty of any incoming POTUS team.
Collusion to defraud in an election has to take place before an election not after the election.
You are simply mistaken and your hope of an utopian collective has distorted your time line and ability to see real evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers call Trump's performance 'bizarre,' '... 5 min WasteWater 2,346
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Susanm 366,918
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Liberal Guerilla 121,259
News Barack Obama is greatest president of our lifet... 13 min WasteWater 3,124
News Pelosi, foes clinch deal all but paving her way... 14 min American_Infidel 36
News Donald Trump says US military to build border w... 19 min WasteWater 225
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 37 min andet1987 225,637
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min Tbone 1,872,385
News Nate Silver blasted for claiming Ocasio-Cortez ... 2 hr waco1909 35
News Trump threatens gov't shutdown in heated meetin... 2 hr waco1909 86
News Lindsey Graham: Trump should 'dig in and not gi... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
News Hearing set in Comey's challenge to House subpoena 6 hr inbred Genius 355